• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Westeros Mafia - Night 6 - ENDGAME - THE NORTH REMEMBERS

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I do not think Moydow/Maven are functionally the correct play.

Vote: Holder

I do not believe that you stood still last night; you lied to me and killed Z25.
I wanna hear more about this before I throw a vote out.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm no such thing as working alone. I didn't want to state my allegiance publicly just yet, but since Maven has already said it, I'm in the same house as him.

As for your alliance being broken, I guess that was already cleared up, but yeah. That was very likely to be Vaan, not me.
Good to know, I lied. :3

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Yet, there was another body found lying in a pit somewhere...a ladder broken nearby...
I see what you did there.

- If your House and an allied House are the last Houses remaining, no matter how many survivors there are the other House does not have the option to decide whether to call peace and end the game together or to betray you; A Final Betrayal cannot occur.
- Instead, an automatic joint House victory occurs with you as the rightful King and your so-called ally condemned to be your loyal servants.
I see what you did there.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It’s a FFA power play game, why does it matter?
I can think of one reason why it might in this case, but I'll hold my tongue to everyone else including you until Holder gets grilled a little more.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Also, I don't know why you said this to me when we both know that you know the full House member list.
Wait, WHAT.

I don't know the full house member list.

Fudgebiscuits I'm still out of the loop aren't I

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I wanna hear more about this before I throw a vote out.
Naturally, Holder knows as well as anyone else that him trying to force a tie and ultimately siding with Vaan to get LoneKonWolf killed would not lead to a likely ending of him working together with the Lannisters. He had the most to gain from a Z25 kill while everyone else remained a likely ally to the Lannisters...barring Vaan, of course.

Red Ryu and Coricus are acting as two separate entities despite being in the same house, but I do not believe Red Ryu had reason to kill Nabe despite the betrayal. When I heard of the betrayal the prior night, I knew that Nabe nor Ryu were responsible; it isn't in Nabe's style to make a betrayal so early into the night phase because doing so would be incredibly foolish; he'd be giving Red Ryu's house too much time to react to his betrayal. Additionally, Ryu and Coricus stood little to gain from a betrayal despite Coricus not being very fond of the Lannisters. Therefore, it was likely Vaan was responsible for this; I informed Red Ryu of this fact.

Additionally, I know the killer couldn't have been Vaan due to some black magic that is special to my house, and I do not believe that Moydow's house was incentivized enough to murder Z25; Moydow was a likely ally to Nabe nearing the end of Day 2.

That said, because I can't trust Holder's word, I can't trust him to continue existing in the game. Although I think I'm more interested in severing one of his limbs, so instead I will be vying for his left hand as opposed to his right.

Unvote
Vote: Natz

#HBC | Nabe

It didn't really occur to me until now, but I got a No Result again last Night. And Vaan really didn't have an Untargetable, at least not of his own accord. So I've probably been roleblocked two Nights in a row. And considering that Natz is a roleblocker, the Tyrells having done it is certainly possible.

Holder also happens to have gone out of his way last Night to contact me and tell me that he wasn't going to do anything to me or Z25.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
It didn't really occur to me until now, but I got a No Result again last Night. And Vaan really didn't have an Untargetable, at least not of his own accord. So I've probably been roleblocked two Nights in a row. And considering that Natz is a roleblocker, the Tyrells having done it is certainly possible.

Holder also happens to have gone out of his way last Night to contact me and tell me that he wasn't going to do anything to me or Z25.
I assume you were targeting Vaan, then? If not even the shadow baby kill showed up, then you had to have been roleblocked. Did the mods ever clarify what would happen in the event of a roleblock? I vaguely recall you discussing having received a "No Result" as opposed to "No one showed up," but that's as much as I remember.

If Natz really is a roleblocker, then that would have to be the reason for it; my house had no involvement in tampering with your results.

#HBC | Nabe

I assume you were targeting Vaan, then? If not even the shadow baby kill showed up, then you had to have been roleblocked. Did the mods ever clarify what would happen in the event of a roleblock? I vaguely recall you discussing having received a "No Result" as opposed to "No one showed up," but that's as much as I remember.

If Natz really is a roleblocker, then that would have to be the reason for it; my house had no involvement in tampering with your results.
Watched Vaan two Nights ago, watched you last Night. No Result sounds pretty likely for a roleblock.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Naturally, Holder knows as well as anyone else that him trying to force a tie and ultimately siding with Vaan to get LoneKonWolf killed would not lead to a likely ending of him working together with the Lannisters. He had the most to gain from a Z25 kill while everyone else remained a likely ally to the Lannisters...barring Vaan, of course.

Red Ryu and Coricus are acting as two separate entities despite being in the same house, but I do not believe Red Ryu had reason to kill Nabe despite the betrayal. When I heard of the betrayal the prior night, I knew that Nabe nor Ryu were responsible; it isn't in Nabe's style to make a betrayal so early into the night phase because doing so would be incredibly foolish; he'd be giving Red Ryu's house too much time to react to his betrayal. Additionally, Ryu and Coricus stood little to gain from a betrayal despite Coricus not being very fond of the Lannisters. Therefore, it was likely Vaan was responsible for this; I informed Red Ryu of this fact.

Additionally, I know the killer couldn't have been Vaan due to some black magic that is special to my house, and I do not believe that Moydow's house was incentivized enough to murder Z25; Moydow was a likely ally to Nabe nearing the end of Day 2.

That said, because I can't trust Holder's word, I can't trust him to continue existing in the game. Although I think I'm more interested in severing one of his limbs, so instead I will be vying for his left hand as opposed to his right.

Unvote
how do you know so much?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I was protected last night by a housemate, so unless house actions do not show up in your watch, I believe that would explain things.

Roleblocking you would also guarantee that you couldn't defend Z25.

#HBC | Nabe

If anything, a roleblock on me was more likely to prevent a kill by me than a defend, on Z25 or anyone.

Relatedly, killing Z25 is a strange choice. It's either a political kill by someone who still wanted me talking in thread, someone who knew that his ability was better than mine, or it's half of a failed house wipe.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
how do you know so much?
Reading the thread. Also, I was informed by Nabe last night about the early betrayal. As soon as you told me that Nabe had betrayed you and not the other way around, I knew there was a smelly goose in the forest and neither of you could be it.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
If anything, a roleblock on me was more likely to prevent a kill by me than a defend, on Z25 or anyone.

Relatedly, killing Z25 is a strange choice. It's either a political kill by someone who still wanted me talking in thread, someone who knew that his ability was better than mine, or it's half of a failed house wipe.
I suppose we're digging into WIFOM territory, but perhaps they felt you could be protected? Maybe Z25 seemed inconspicuous and less likely to be protected, and severing a limb of yours would be of benefit to prevent Holder from being voted for by you?

Or, it's possible that they have a role cop of sorts? There are multiples of roles in this game it seems.

I know there's one other reason you may think it is, but I assure you that isn't the reason. In the words of a man I know, "I'm not going to swear an oath I can't uphold. When enough people make false promises, words stop meaning anything. Then there are no more answers, only better and better lies."

Ok I know I'm being cheesy right now but it's true lol I hate lying

BarDulL

Town Vampire
So, theoretically, from a third eye:

The player more likely to be defended is Nabe; Z25 seems a bit inconspicuous and generally outside the line of fire, and was less vocal during the day phase with the exception of sheeping his vote; Nabe is subsequently the bigger threat when the lynch is in play. Nabe also had more visible allies in the thread at the time.

If Nabe is being defended by Z25, Z25 would need to be roleblocked in order to attack Nabe. However, it's possible that Nabe was being defended by any other house. Roleblocking Z25 is risky because Nabe was a known Watcher; it was possible that Nabe could be watching his partner, and if somehow Nabe survived after Z25 gets roleblocked, it would give Nabe further justification to push for the killer's lynch on D3.

If the killer was concerned about House Lannister going into D3 (he was), the safest play is to cut off Nabe's other hand so that he holds less influence going into D3. The only person who would likely defend Z25 is Nabe, so roleblocking Nabe is a no-brainer here because it leaves Z25 open. No other house would have reason to defend Z25 contextually with the exception of Nabe, his house mate, with the house defense.

The only reasonable person that could have done this was Holder, who has a known roleblocker in the form of a Natz body pillow NPC, and he had all the reasons and motivations to do it considering his approach to House Lannister on D2.

I was house protected by my mate, which didn't show up in Nabe's Watch. Unless House defends do not show up in his Watch (this would be weird), the only real explanation is that he was roleblocked, and this was done by Natz.

Holder's MO is simple. He feared the influence of Nabe's house going into D3 and sought to undermine that very influence and potential retribution.

Case closed.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Unvote
You might be on to something so for now I think I’ll put a vote on Natz too.

Vote Natz

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Well at this point I’m gonna flip a coin to see who I vote for.

Uhh... looks like it’s vaan. Sorry..

Vote Vaan
Well I mean I also think he might be a Bolton so even if it were a coin flip. I don’t think I’d want any Bolton’s around.
I ain't no stinking Bolton. In light of what we spoke about last night I consider this a direct insult.

Take responsiblity for your vote.
Alright sorry. I’m just trying to figure out your hint. I’ll remove my vote for now.

Unvote Vaan

===

You might be on to something so for now I think I’ll put a vote on Natz too.

Vote Natz
I ain't roleblock anyone last night. In light of what you know about me I consider this a direct insult.

Take responsibility for your vote.
praline praline complete the pattern

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I do not think Moydow/Maven are functionally the correct play.

Vote: Holder

I do not believe that you stood still last night; you lied to me and killed Z25.
Why do you think that?

I used Defend on Natz.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Why not? It was made clear from the start.
It was made clear there was a zombie that would kill us all? I'll need to go back and check the flavor.

Regardless, I don't see the point in tearing each other apart when there seems to be someone who literally has that as a win condition.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'm getting flak for sending messages to people... I was trying to set up PMs with some people in an attempt to make up for my loss of Natz who was the one that went around talking to the players. I messaged Nabe only because I didn't want to make claims about Nabe to Bard, who approached me, and not give them to him myself in case Bard reports something different.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Also, I'll just go ahead and admit it: I've been trying to get close to House Baratheon, and I found out during the Night that they were allies with the Lannisters.

Ryu, Coricus. I wanted to be friends with you guys, why would I make you potentially hate me more by killing an ally, especially after aiding in Kon's lynch already when I was ignorant of the connection?

No. I've been playing defense since the start of the game.

Besides, if I were to kill someone from the Lannisters, it wouldn't be Z25, it would be Nabe, who has actually been the one playing during the Day.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
For all we know, Z25 was killed by a White Walker. This potential enemy to all is my only interest right now.

What House is yours, Bard?

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'm also a bit surprised you're calling me untrustworthy Bard, your messages to me last Night claimed that you were not interested in taking issue with me unless I infringed upon your house, which you didn't consider my tie breaker votes as. You were actually quite amiable. Now you're accusing me of killing a Lannister overnight and that I am now a threat to you?

You're the one whose word doesn't seem to mean much in opinion. But I don't care. All I care what the Houses are for the players so I can vote for anyone that doesn't fit in.

Top Bottom