• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Western New York Upcoming Tournies/Smashfests

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
G-Unit=SUNY Geneseo

So if you're a little kid, or maybe a teenager, I doubt you might find your way in the middle of nowhere to get to this college. Unless you have ways, then definitely come...

Tails576

Smash Rookie
right

ill find my ways on alright lol
i will still be able to post hear and there
me and mutant are a amazing tag team we would basically own all
and we will win solo's to though it will be a tight match

ill try and get cyber jocks to host a tournament

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
People around here smash on the regular, so if you come down any weekend, you'll have tons of people waiting to smash. Since I try to smash on those times, if you can find me, you'll find people...

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
Well, we usually play around at this one kid's room, but we can find a decent gathering, we might end up playing at a common lounge in somebody's suite. If you wanna come, drop a line on this thread, so I can tell you what day we might do this. That way, I could postpone significant partying and the debauchery that entails frat and social parties, or maybe we could hit that afterwards. We'll just have to see...

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
Well, we'll see what's crackin' for this weekend, but if anything, we can hit it up Friday nite, then watch "Saw" at the local theatre, if it's playing (man, I wanna see that movie). I don't know when you'll wanna come on campus, but if you get here around 7:30-8, then that's more than enough for smashing, then movies, then more smashing if you want...

Tails576

Smash Rookie
b

im still tryin to get a smash tournament at cyber jocks also there willl be like 10 people playing smash at cyber jocks on the 30th this saturday for the halloween bash

mutantmidget

Smash Rookie
sopposidly there is a madden tourny on sat that ends at 9 i think and they r takin all the tvs
ill have to talk to tails bout it and ill post what we r gunna do by friday

Tails576

Smash Rookie
'

well i talked to the cyber jocks guy and he said that after 9 we will be able to use the tv's it is $5.40 a tv per hour and some1 needs to bring the gamecube, game,memory card, and controllers

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
****. Yo Tails, if you can guarantee a halfway decent turnout for this event (around 20-ish, sorry for asking for too much), then count me in. Unfortunately, gas prices are crazy, and I'm not gonna drive all the way down to the B-Lo region if there's only about 10 people coming. And since it's Saturday, I may wanna have some "fun" that nite. You better entice me with something decent, Tailz...

Tails576

Smash Rookie
lol

well it wasnt suppose to be a tournament on saturday just like a hangout type thing may play for a lil cash but its more to just meet some good smashers and have some fun but yea sure u should come it will be fun i also emailed cyber jocks and they said that they will work on a large tournament for smash bros. so i will keep in touch with tthem

sevenofcoins

Smash Journeyman
Re: right

Originally posted by Tails576
ill find my ways on alright lol
i will still be able to post hear and there
me and mutant are a amazing tag team we would basically own all
and we will win solo's to though it will be a tight match

ill try and get cyber jocks to host a tournament
This dude's got quite the ego...

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
I'm only being apprehensive about this because I'm about 1 hr+ away from there, and I just don't wanna waste my time driving up there to smash with 1 or 2 people. I definitely don't wanna offend anybody here. It's still a tempting invite and all. I guess we'll just have to see what's going down that nite...

Kubuu

Smash Journeyman
The thread is dying because its falling back to what I saw all the time in Rochester: There is no organization, at least no GOOD organization. The tournaments I've been to up there were garbage for the most part. I went to ONE decent smash tourney up there, and that was in my third year at RIT. Once I get back to RIT, at the end of November, I'll get my smashfests and my tourney going. Until then, I'm sure someone will pick up the ball. My goal is to have weekend smashfests for the most part, and whenever a smashfest gets more than say, 20-30 people, I'll convert it into a tournament. But I'm also going to have just random smash fests on random days that work, so we'll see what else goes down. If nothing else, you know the smash scene will get rugged at the end of Nov. when I get back.

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
Wow, very surprised to see Florida interest in NY tourneys. I'm pretty sure that come summer 2K5, there should be some serious events going on in NY, but that will most likely be on NYC. BUt since that thread has disappeared from the first page list, I understand why you'd post on the Western NY thread, Calibur. Hopefully my prediction of the future isn't far from the truth. I am, after all, a psychic...:crazy:

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I have some relatives that live there. Wont have to worry about paying for the mad expensive hotels there. But, yeah you read my mind. :crazy:

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
Which part of NY do your relatives live in, Calibur, if you don't mind me asking? Just curious, since maybe they live near me...

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
Hey Melee Warrioir (I hope that the spelling error in your handle's intentional...lol), I go to a SUNY about half an hour away from the Roc, and I work in Mt. Hope every Wednesday and Friday. If you got friends that smash and would be willing to get together on a Friday nite to smash-then-chill, I'm down for comin' by after work and smashin' with your people...

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
Corona? That's awesome! My cousins live there, and I'm in Queens, but at another part of it (Fresh Meadows). By car, that's about a 10-15 min drive (the way I drive), but by subway, it's about a half hour. If you come on over for the summer, we definitely gotta smash...

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
My cousin lives there too. You arent far away at all from them. I'll definitly consider smashing with you especially since you dont live so far from them. ^_^

You usually have smashfests at your house? Or somewhere else?

Greta_the_Great

Smash Ace
I just got back from Virginia Tech, repped WNY :D Small *** tourney though (still klar) Seems like if you aren't in Northern Virginia, the smash community are a dime a dozen, but has alot of cool people.

Kubuu: Of course there isn't any good organization because it's western new york :eek: everyone out here owns xbox and plays madden while sippin on boone's farm :laugh: I guess we can *finally* have some AC vs DA action ;) ? It should be cakewalk for you, because the only good people from VA are h2yl, right? :rotfl:

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
Yo Calibur, I usually play at either my house or my cousin's house, but smashfests are rampant in Queens all the time, especially in the summer, when school's out. I know that it's a very long time away from summer, but if you're sure that you're coming up for summer, I'll definitely show you around the various smash hotspots in Queens. And yeah, I definitely can't wait to smash with a FL smasher...

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Sounds excellent! Is there any LAN centers open for smash or in malls or something? And yeah, cant wait to see how NY plays smash, as well as strolling down memory lane, since I used to live there a long time ago. NY is like my 2nd home.

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
Awesome, Calibur. Aside from my home country, I've always lived in NYC, so I'm always a city boy at heart, and I have so much love for the greatest city in the worldUnfortunately, I don't think there are many LAN centers in NYC, although I could be mistaken, cause I go to school away from the city, and I'm at school now. Maybe there are, so I guess we'll have to see come summer time. But yeah, NYC never disappoints when it comes to smashing. The infamous DA is spread out all over the city, with a bunch of them residing in the QZ, so they're definitely nearby. There are also a lot of hungry smashers in the city, wanting to make themselves known, so that drive to excel will always be in the smashers of the city. When you come down to the city, you definitely won't be disappointed...

Melee Warrioir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chhipz
wow u guys reply a lot to each other help me catch up on wats goin on here lol. yea ummmmm....... dont forget about rochester smashers too lol. ( i love bringin that up). oh and um strata about my name... the "Warrioir" part there was never supposed to be and "i" i just accidently typed it in too fast and realized too late :(
anywho, how far are ya'll from rochester anyhow? hmm that sounded like i implemented a southern accent in that last sentence lol... oh and one problem. i got good news and bad news. good news is i got friends who play smash. bad news is, ive beaten them so many times the all retired and they are no challenge anymore to me and not to anyone who basically knows advanced moves such as WD and L-cancel. so, im not really sure wat to do in this case...

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
****, Melee, you gotta get yourself more friends who play smash. I need to play good smashers, so I thought you could deliver...

Melee Warrioir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chhipz
dude im all that u need lol. hmm that didnt come out right... but seriously i really think i can help almost anyone improve at this game. thats just a natural talent im good at. to support my statement, the people i beat at the tournament even asked for advice lol...
OMG million dollar idea! maybe we could just meet in a place where we face each other! i know u may be thinking that u wont get much training that way but just trust me we will both benefit and get better i just know it.

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
C'mon, Melee. I guess I may have no choice but to settle for you (no offense). But I know you can do better than just yourself. A little corny getting a weak reaction like this...

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Thats straight. Its interesting to know New Yorkers have that drive to excel, as well as me too. I know NY will impress me. lol. I have no doubt in my mind. Well cant wait to smash there. :cool:

Melee Warrioir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chhipz
alright strata ill ask my friends tomorrow if they are intersted in getting better. but im telling u that if they say yes, we will have to teach them way too much and will get in the way of our training. but, i know that sevenofcoins lives in rochester or near it, and he has a bunch of friends that play good smash, so try contacting him too. and TWP is his friend too so contact either one.
and i cant wait to smash against u calibur :D . i hope when u say "NY" your not referring ot NYC cuz i can never go that far lol. oh yea um im even improving as we speak so it will surely be a match that consists of our smashing best.

Greta_the_Great

Smash Ace
I'm stuck in that Western New York state of mind :D Oh how I long to live back in Northern Virginia, kinda like how some of you live in places other than nyc when you go to school. I'll hold smashfests at my house if you want. My basement is huge and it'd be a whole day thing.

For example:
Saturday, it would be an all day smashfest. As early as you can get here and if you stay too late, then you can crash (I have extra beds, sleeping bags, etc) not this Saturday, just an example of future scheisse

Alot of the smashers are located around Rochester (right?) the reason I'd be willing to host is, because I hate that **** where you drive somewhere and the smashfest is only for 3 hrs... :o Plus there's an awesome amount of comfortable space in my room/basement. If any of you went to GO, my basement/room is about that size (minus all the tables/chairs) of course I'd compensate by coming up to Rochester (no prob, I went to Geneseo)

-MewtwoMatt-

Top Bottom