• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Western New York Upcoming Tournies/Smashfests

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Well, I will most likely be staying in NYC since my relatives live in Queens. SO I guess I will play you guys outside of the city when a NY tournament appears.

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
Calibur, you ain't gotta worry about it, cause Dave already mentioned an upcoming NYC tourney coming up really soon. If it's not gonna be during the summer, but you don't have classes at that time, you should still come up to hit that tourney. If you can't stay at your family's place in Corona, then I'll be more than happy to house you in my place in Queenz, and we can tour the smash grounds before we go to the tourney. Definitely a lot of time to get acquainted with the NYC smashers. This also goes out for any upstate smashers who wanna come down to S4C V.2 coming up in NYC. I'll be willing to house a few of you, so if you're interested hit up this thread. So yeah, if you have the time when the tourney comes out, gimme a holla, and I got you covered...

Melee Warrioir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chhipz
HOLLA. jk lol. anyways i did drag my parents to go to a smash tourney in NYC which is like 6 hrs away and um the tournament location was really bad. so if i do happen to make it, it will be pure luck. and what is the location of this upcoming smash tourney in NYC? and date and time?

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Thanks Strata Razor. Although, I doubt I can come during winter break. But I will definitly consider housing with you if my folks cant take me in. I think S4C 2 will be in the winter. And I have heard rumors of a huge NYC tourny in the summer. Just will have to wait... patiently. <_<

TWP

Smash Ace
Mmm Summer sounds Delicious...

I would say that I might be able to get down during the Summer...It might be a cool Expierence...

Nice to see that this chat hasn't completely Died...

Melee Warrioir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chhipz
well if ur all gonna go then im definatly gonna try my hardest to get back down there and leave my name remembered and a force to be reckoned with!... ok im gettin to excited lol.

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
I definitely encourage you upstate smashers to take interest in the upcoming NYC tournament, S4C v.2. Check out the thread for this tourney, hopefully on the same page where this thread is (page 1), and maybe you'll consider helping making this tourney a big success. You want to be able to represent the entire state of NY. There are other smashers that aren't in NYC, and you wanna let everybody know just who those are...

TWP

Smash Ace
Speaking of us Upstate Smashers :

I know Kubuu already said this, but just to make sure we're all well aware that come December/January, you can notice a High rise in the smashfests/tournie sin the upstate region (Mainly RIT). And if anyone's interested in a possible "smaller" get-together type deal (Not at RIT but at an undisclosed location near Rochester) at a LAN that may be coming up, feel free to PM me about it and I can get you in on the loop.

~TWP

TWP

Smash Ace
Ok, the one thing I gotta say is that we don't have many details and are still trying to get this off the ground...I was just mentioning the possibility...But sinc eyou all seem to want info I can post in here as we get more details...

Shiri

Smash Chump
Rochester Smashing...Yes.

:beezo: Hola. ^_^ Just an RIT smasher seeing what's really good with anything interesting happening in the immediate area. Since Winter Quarter's coming, along with reading this thread, I can safely assume that smashfests will start popping up. Hope I can join, too.

Melee Warrioir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chhipz
Shiri u have to inform me about these RIT smashfests. tell me everrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyything ya know. umm yea i would really greatly appreciate it thanks.

Shiri

Smash Chump
EGS: RIT Chapter

:beezo: Actually, I don't know much about the smashfests in the area. That's why I came here. But, I know that our EGS chapter will regularly smash and, on occasion, will host tournaments or LAN parties at the request of members.

The prez and I are buddies, so maybe I can set up a request line to our EGS chapter and if there is enough desire, they can hold a tourney?

EGS is also having their annual Xodus gaming tournament in the Spring and much smashing will occur then, as well. But that's about all I know. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Melee Warrioir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chhipz
dont kick urself too hard dude its all good. and u can definatly count me in as one of the people who "wanat" a tournament there and thats great u got "connections :chuckle: . that will definatly help. and ill definatly be there if there is a tournament.

Shiri

Smash Chump
What it is...

:beezo: EGS is the acronym for the Electronic Gaming Society...a (presumably) national club of gamers. I say presumaby because I don't know the actual extent of their influence. They're pretty infamous for their takeovers of college campuses, though...especially this one. ^_^ But I'll see what I can do in the mean time about actual events taking place. Please don't get your hopes up...mine aren't.

Jill Valentine

Smash Apprentice
Gah. I've been out of the loop for a little while. (Soul Calibur II temporarily took over)

So would anyone mind summing up anything that's going on?

Now that I'm "back" I'm going to see if I can get something going down here in Buffalo, and trying to make it worthwhile for all you Rocherster people.

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
boo hoo (insert tears)...

I miss SC2. My Kilik used to be so good. Now he's just a man with an enchanted stick to me. Don't worry, Kilik. One day, I'll pick you up again, and restore you to the GI-demon I used to make you. Until then, Samus will have to be my baby...

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
As a side note, yay for my 100th post (even though my 101st post changed the info)!

We really need to step it up in this board, guys. All inputs, yet no actual progress. Get some smashfests together or something. Man, I can't wait to go back home to NYC for Thanxgiving break and smash it up hardcore back there with the crazy NYC smashers. Now that's where it's at...

Melee Warrioir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chhipz
hey congrats man! mine wasnt too long ago either. anyways sheesh dont rub it in: "smash it up hardcore back there with the crazy NYC smashers" lol.:( anyways thats very true we are all talk and no action and this wont get us anywhere.......

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
That's cause in NYC, there's so much to do, and smashing is just a hobby. Even DA isn't hardcore with it as much as they used to. They only hold tourneys and smashfests now to keep their skyllz fresh, but the majority have other priorities. Even my boy Wes has trouble going around the country because of things he has to take care of back home. Even though they're not OD-ing it like many smashers in VA (pointing out names would make people think I insulted them, so I won't do that here), they do what they can to stay on the scene. And where DA is showing less love for the game, the rest of the city's pickin' up the slack, with more smashers comin' out of the woodworks to prove their worth. You ain't gotta worry about NYC's smashers, cause if you come down there, I guaran-****-tee you that you will find smashers willing to show you how it's done in the greatest city in the world. Done...: )

Greta_the_Great

Smash Ace
How do Virginia smashers overdose? We barely play. We have like 8 ppl. That's sad they need a whole to pick up the mess. Being so close to DC, you're in quite the predicament to find things to do :(

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
C'mon, now. Ya'll can't let this thread slip past the first page. I thought you guys out there were dedicated to this...

Melee Warrioir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chhipz
thought we were dedicated to this? as in the making of a tournament or actually playing SSBM? well either way im very passionate for both, as well as dedicated.... so lets stop the unnecessary irrelevant sidetracking we have been doing.

TWP

Smash Ace
mmm-bump sha do bah mmm-bump

Well if you guys want to get serious about this, then you may want to start with the hardest part of putting stuff together...the Locations...

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
I hate to admit it, but...

The Roc seems to be the most neutral place for any smashfests/tourneys to happen. After all, most of the interest from this thread comes from Rochester/Buffalo, and with me being the only one from Geneseo, I'd rather make the trip to Rochester than Buffalo. Plus, I'm pretty sure that the RIT guys know what's going on with the smash scene, so they'll be able to let us know about places to do this thing. Well, that's just my opinion, and everybody's entitled to theirs, so I hope that some of you agree...

Shiri

Smash Chump
Back it up...REWIND

:beezo: So yeah...I just got back from the EGS Halo 2 Beast-a-thon. Much fun. Unfortunately, the EGS board doesn't really want to have any official smash events. Apparently, every time in the past that they've hosted one, nobody has come, so they're not inclined to do one now. I think that either in late Winter quarter or early Spring quarter, Unity House's annual gaming tournament will be Smash Bros., but it's not really designed to be a big event. If I hear any good news, I suppose I can let you guys know.

Kubuu

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, don't even bother relying on EGS to throw a Smash Tourney. They threw ONE smash tourney that got a decent turnout, and that was the first year that Melee came out. After that its all been down hill because they refuse to play by rules that are any good. Thats why no one shows up. That and they also dont promote smash tourneys as well as they tend to promote things like Halo and the like. Your best bet is just to poll everyone on this thread about what they are willing to bring to a smash fest, i.e cubes, tv's, etc, and then going and reserving a conference room in one of the buildings for a tourney, assuming you get enough people. When I get back to RIT at the end of November, I'm gonna hold a smashfest, and if I get enough people, I'll turn it into a tourney, but really, its one of those things that you have to handle yourself, otherwise it wont get done. Don't even really bother with EGS. Your best bet is to try to reserve room 1250 I think in Nathaniel Rochester Hall, and then trying to get people to show up with cubes and tv's, its a big enough space to hold a decent sized tourney. Plus there is a projector in that room. Thats my plan for once I get back there.

Shiri

Smash Chump
True...

:beezo: You're probably right. They actually don't really do the popular console games...but anyway...if you need any help when you get back, don't hesitate to let me know. I'll help if I can.

Kubuu

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, if you want to help out, you can ask around for me how to go about reserving a conference room or even the fireside lounge maybe. Better we start off small with a conference room though. An ideal one would be 1250 I think under Nathaniel Rochester Hall. That could easily hold a ton of us, and would be a good set up for cubes and tv's. If you could work on that, it would be smooth, and get things rolling.

Top Bottom