• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Western New York Upcoming Tournies/Smashfests

Shiri

Smash Chump
Covenant...

:beezo: Actually, reserving rooms is pretty simple. Just gimme a date and I can go to Room Reservations behind the Info Desk. Or you could...or someone else could. But yeah, it's mad simple. Just tell the person at the Info Desk that you want to reserve a room, they let you in the back, and you reserve it. ^_^

Kubuu

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff. If that's the case, can you check out several rooms for me? The ones I had in mind were NRH 1250, The Fireside Lounge, or one of the conference rooms in the SAU. Our best bet will probably be NRH 1250, which I dont mind at all. The dates I want to start out with would be Thursday, Dec 2, Friday Dec 3, Saturday Dec 4, and Sunday Dec, 5. I am sure that within this board, there should be a day in there that everyone can make it. Thats the first week of the new quarter for RIT, so everyone will be back at school. As for the times, I figure people have the majority of their classes during the day, so on Thursday and Friday, we should check out for anytime after noon. Saturday and Sunday, any time is game, so let me know what happens with that. Once we get a date and time down, we can start asking people to bring in tv's and cubes. If you really want to be smooth, you can see what the deal is behind reserving tv's and vcr's, in which case, we would only need people to bring in their cubes and a copy of smash.

Shiri

Smash Chump
ETC's What's Up...

:beezo: I was actually gonna suggest going to ETC for TVs, but you really have to be part of an SG-sponsored organization to do something like that. Sorry, but people will have to bring screens as well as Cubes.

I would go today and check rooms out, but I just got back from my Physics final. Tell me why it pulled out a Battle Rifle and delievered several headshots within the span of two grueling hours. x_x Anyway, since I didn't sleep last night due to studying, I'm gonna go to bed right now since even the computer screen looks like a blur now.

Good night...

:o zzz...

Kubuu

Smash Journeyman
Alright, good stuff. I guess now is a good a time as any to get a run down of who can AND WILL bring their cubes/tv's. If I can get at least 5-7 tv's, I think that should be able to hold everyone down, as Egs gets less than that for their weekly meetings I think. I'm down for bringing my cube and smash, and I might be able to snatch a tv from somewhere. I'm officially starting the to who willo bring what section of this thread now, so please people, start listing things. As for a date, please vote on a day out of the days ranging from Dec 2 - Dec 5.

Kubuu
--------
Cube, Copy of Smash, Possibly a TV

Jill Valentine

Smash Apprentice
OK.

WOW.

I've been out of the loop a lot lately.

Oh well, like I said before since SCII kinda took over my life for a bit (and still has a little grasp on it) but now I'm starting to Smash it up everyday again like I did before that dreaded SCII game came out.

I'm getting up to par, and starting to work on a possible winter break tourney down here in Buffalo.

The most likely location that will house a bunch of people is Cyberjocks.

It's a LAN gaming center in Tonawanda, which is a suburb-type thing of Buffalo.

Website can be found here: www.cyberjocks.com

Ok, well, I'm out for now. If anyone has any questions/comments/concerns about this hopeful Buffalo tourney, then IM me @ kmkdecay........which is on AIM.

OH, and one more quick thing. If there is anything up in Rochester that I'll be able to make it to, I'd be more than happy to bring a Cube/Memory Card. As well as controllers.

Talk to y'all later.

Greta_the_Great

Smash Ace
you right, no need to argue over what's better.... I get a little hyped up about Va. Anyone see the new kimbo slice vid? Got rocked. Yay, things is finally gonna go down

TWP

Smash Ace
You can put me down for bringing a Cube...Better take those days off of work...or at least tell me what day we're doing this so I can get it off at least 2 weeks beforehand...

Shiri

Smash Chump
What Had Happened Was...

:beezo: I'm a personal fan of the Saturday of that week, since I won't be having any classes and such. But you guys need to vote on a day so I can get the room. The sooner, the better, because someone else might reserve it one of the days to hold a function or something, so please let me know when you want the room reserved.

Kubuu

Smash Journeyman
I am ok with the Saturday. And remember people, we need tv's. No one wants to sit through 50 matches on FD until their time to play comes up:(

Shiri

Smash Chump
See, This is What I'm Talking About...

:beezo: Calm down, Melee. We're talking about the first week of December. That Saturday...the 4th if I'm not mistaken.

Kubuu

Smash Journeyman
Let's go people, lets start listing things. I know people view this thread on the reg, so start dropping items:D Really though, for this to go down, we need to rep hard. And remember, if we get enough people to show up, we can start a bootleg tourney of sorts, so show the flak up cubes, smash, TV's and a good attitude.

Tails576

Smash Rookie
cyber jocks

cyberjocks said they are interested in hosting a tournament some1 ask them and give them details about it

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
Cyberjocks, RIT. Wow, I like to see the interest in this, and the more you guys advertise, the more feedback you're gonna get...

Shiri

Smash Chump
Singin in the...

:beezo: I hate to seem like I'm blowing the Cyberjocks idea out of the sky, but maybe we should see who can make it to RIT first. Unless Cyberjocks is Ultra-AWESOME at advertising, we might not get too much of a turnout, and that could sour events for the future. Just an idea.

Oh yeah, I can bring my Cube and a Card.

Jill Valentine

Smash Apprentice
Ok everyone, this is a tournament announcement.

Some of you may already know about this, as I've been told that some people from Rochester are coming down.

University of Buffalo
December 4th
Time: Unknown
Entry Fee: 5$
Prizes: 1st - Nintendo DS (=73h sexy)
2nd - 50$ Media Play Giftcard

More info as I get it.

Until then, practice up, cause I'm gonna pwn! :crazy:

PS: If anyone has any questions, feel free to IM me on AIM @ kmkdecay

Talk to y'alls later.

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
****!!!! That Nintendo DS sounds like a sweet prize. Unfortunately, I don't know if you're gonna get a good turnout, and if you do, that's more incentive for me to come. But as you can see, Kubuu and Shiri are trying to set something up for the same day. I don't know what their set-up is, or if it's just gonna be a simple $5 buy-in, with most of the pot going to the winner. But that DS is sounding crazy good right about now. I just got a $200 speeding ticket yesterday, so winnin' that DS would help me out huge. Only time will tell...

Greta_the_Great

Smash Ace
Nothing's happening this Saturday? awwwww, I just wanna practice with some ppl and I successfully emulated naruto on my comp... :D **** YEAH!

Shiri

Smash Chump
See, What Had Happened Was...

:beezo: Well...uh, in light of recent events...maybe we can postpone the RIT event in order to support our fellow UB smashers? Eh? :D

Oh, and in future updates, when you get the info, can you please be sure to indicate things such as who is sponsoring the event and anything besides the entry fee that players would need? Thanks.

Jill Valentine

Smash Apprentice
Will do.

This definately could be a pretty big turnout if we get some of those other Rochester-ians to come down, and possibly postpone their tourney.

And yeah, that DS is definately Sexy.

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
IF ANYBODY FROM ROCHESTER IS WILLING TO MAKE A SIDE-TRIP AND COME TO GENESEO TO PICK ME UP ON THE WAY TO THE BUFFALO TOURNAMENT, THAT WOULD BE EXTREMELY UNBELIEVABLY APPRECIATED!!! I need to put that in bold because of the urgency. I'd be more than willing to help put $5 in for gas, and I can use my EZ Pass to help you out on tolls. The only think I ask is for a ride to and from Buffalo. Anybody from the Rochester area that's willing to help would be a God in my eyes right now...

Melee Warrioir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chhipz
i might as well and u can definatly count on me being there at the tournament. ill definatly ask my friends too. and id really like to thanks you very much jill. this truly means a whole lot to everyone contributing to this thread. but we aint gonna go easy on ya :chuckle:

ill definatly be training.

Melee Warrioir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chhipz
lol umm... i dunno.. ill have to see into things. hopefully if i am coming i will try to concince them to help u out. but remember i cannot guarantee anything.:(

Shiri

Smash Chump
Out of the Frying Pan...

:beezo: How's everyone's training going? Just wondering how you guys are feeling about the Buff tourney... :D

Jill Valentine

Smash Apprentice
Well Strata, if you weren't all the way in NYC I would probably be able to arrange some ride-age.

Training wise, I'm getting so much in, this tourney is definately going to be intense ^.^

Oh! And I found this new gaming store in the North Tonawanda area called GameBoyz or somethingorother, but I was talking to the guy, and he's definately interested in holding some Melee tourneys.

He also agreed to have me run them! So, be on the lookout for some possible monthly tourneys comin' atcha from yours truly.

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
See Jill, I am upstate for college. I attend a SUNY about half an hour away from Rochester. I mean, my home and life is in NYC, but during the semesters, I'm up here in the blistering cold of upstate. So if you can still find me possibilities of rides, that would be very much appreciated. Melee, if you're still trying to do the same, don't hesitate. The more offers for me, the better. And thanx in advance to those willing to help me out...

Melee Warrioir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chhipz
yep my training is goin good havent played in a few days though lol and i got 2 characters more to master by the 4th :confused: . man im swamped. umm what are the rules going to be for the tournament? oh yea my mom was like no ur not going but im like not gonna give up on this one :D .

Greta_the_Great

Smash Ace
****, that's 2 down (possibly) how many people do you suspect to come? If it's a small amount, then I guess it's easy pickens for the rest of us. GL :D

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
****, I'm fallin' behind on this race to practice hardcore. I can't let that DS be won by others so easily. Goin to work with my baby...

Jill Valentine

Smash Apprentice
How many people are expected to be at the UB tourney on the 4th?

Well, lesse, [don't mind random names]

Shawn (me)
Chris
Z
rest of UB smash club (rounded off to about 6)
Alexei
Don
Whoever shows up from out of town.

So, we're looking at a hopeful 11 definates, and out of towners.

Greta_the_Great

Smash Ace
Originally posted by Strata RaZoR
****, I'm fallin' behind on this race to practice hardcore. I can't let that DS be won by others so easily. Goin to work with my baby...
I could have came up to Geneseo last fri/sat.... that's what I was talking about :( P-p-practice

Melee Warrioir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chhipz
:D the chances are lookin better for me pplz. anyways um this really sucks i went over to my friends house and left my melee game there!! how the freak am i supposed to train!!!!! :grrr:

signed- a very confused smasher :confused:

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
Is there ANY frickin way I can get a ride to this tourney?

I'd love to join a tourney that's only 5 bucks.

This is a distress call...I would really enjoy this tourney, but can only make it if I can get a ride...

Let there be an answer to my prayers.

It'd be nice to meet some new players.

Greta_the_Great

Smash Ace
Think of it like this... 5$ and a chance to win a DS, I doubt anyone is willing to give rides so another person might gimp their chance for it

Top Bottom