• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Western New York Upcoming Tournies/Smashfests

Truedge930

Smash Apprentice
In preparation for Battle for Western New York 2, Cornell is hosting a small smashfest sposored by the Cornell Super Smash Club, sorry for the late announcement but if you send me a pm, I'll let you know the details. This is for Saturday October 14th.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you guys are getting together this weekend please hook me up with some info. I need practice if I want to go to BFWNY2 and not embaress myself. :laugh: At the moment the power is out at my house as well, but Im currently at my cousin's house. Obviously, they have power. In any event keep me posted on what you guys are doing.

BTW if you don't know, this is Eric, that annoying high school kid that tags around with you guys at tournaments and whatnot. :chuckle:

S P I K E

Smash Ace
Mmmm... I won't make it to the first day of BFWNY2... But I'll probably be at the singles tourney... =) Eric, I don't believe I've ever played against you before... We have to fix that.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah I don't beleive we've ever played each other. Do you attend UB Smash? If you do we should definately play this Wed. or something. If not I'll probably see you at the BFWNY2. I'm still not 100% sure I can make it but we'll have to play there if I do go.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Buffalo better get out here to play. I will bring a shovel and dig you guys out if I have to.

S P I K E

Smash Ace
Oh, most of the snow is gone... Just the electrical problesm most people are having. I don't usually go to UB Smash, but I might this Wednesday, seeing as I probably won't have school Thursday. Anybody up for smash today or tomorrow? Or Wednesday for that matter.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah I just found out that I don't have school tommorrow, so smash tommorrow would be great. I won't have a ride though since my parents have work, so if thats an issue we can solve I should be in good shape.

S P I K E

Smash Ace
Eric, I'm going to see what I can do about getting a ride... So if I can, feel free to come to my house for transportation. I'll let you know. IM me later or something.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Greta, the recordings will be up as soon as I can get them. Thanks for coming out. ^_^

DarkKnight2324

Smash Apprentice
Ya, I'm not sure I've had a match with you yet...even though you've come to 3 or 4 Arena tournies.

Greta_the_great 1v1 matches are up and can be viewed here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdt4HAvbMkI

Said match can be downloaded for better quality here:
http://files.filefront.com//;6490434;;/

Said match will also be up on Veoh, but due to high traffic, they are a tad slow on processing, and it should be up there by tomorrow.

/\/1/\/J4

Smash Journeyman
so whens another tourny new NJ bergen/ Ny guna happen soon? pleas pm about any tourny around the are because me ane a few friends are sorta wanting to become active again so if anyone knows any info about tournaments around this area pleas pm me. Also happy 2007 for everyone and il be watching the vids =)

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Who's going to Cyberjocks in Buffalo this weekend?! It's bound to be a good time! I hope. >_>

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Hahahaha, I remember this thread.

So yeah, check it out. Arena's got two new biweeklies coming up for April. One on the 7th and one...well, two weeks later on the 21st. Be there or be PWNED! Everyone who came to the last one will admit--it was an amazing time. ^_^

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Screw the rules; I've got money!

Don't for get the biweekly this Saturday at Arena51! It's gonna be amaaaaaaaaaazing!

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: The next BWNY will be the biggest Smash event Western New York has seen to date.

New venue, tons of events; it's pretty much guaranteed to be a packed two-day deal.

It will be occuring in March or April of 2008. Please look forward to it.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Awesome. I've been waiting for that announcement for awhile! Hopefully the Cornell Smash Club will roadtrip up to this one, and hopefully nothing important down here in Ithaca will conflict with it!

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Due to the noted decrease in the community, the next BWNY will be indefinitely postponed.

However, I am posting up to let everyone in on what we can do in the meantime.

Check it out.

Post here or on the link above, but please make sure to post if you really are interested.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Man, sounds so awesome, but that's such a long haul for me to make. >_<

Totally agree with you that melee is the only game in the series that stays interesting afetr 12 hours of straight play. XP And I'd love to duel you in YGO. I'm no superstar but I love that game to death. ^_^

Meh, idk, I'll think about it. I'd definitely not be able to make it every week, but I may show up once or twice a month if you guys get this goin'. Keep us updated here will ya? I'd appreciate it. =)

Top Bottom