• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Western New York Upcoming Tournies/Smashfests

Dan+

Smash Cadet
First time ive posted here, but im very interested. About the cyberjocks tourny: is this like serious talent? is there a cost? Guess ill look into it myself as well. I've never matched before, but I'm pretty good vs my friends and I've get the advanced techniques down good.

D

Deleted member

cyberjocks is cool even though they schedule their tournaments on terrible dates when I can't go.

too bad they can't get 20+ people either.

S P I K E

Smash Ace
I think I might go to this one. I'm a lot better than I was when I played Alexei a while ago. =O Whoa man he whooped on me.

D

Deleted member

I have an M game.

you all should come play me, that would be great.

I'll show you how smash is really played.

S P I K E

Smash Ace
The alphabet is apparentely reversed now. Oi, Alexei, I know not to play you on FD when I'm Samus and you are Falco. I got *****. x_X; lazerspammer... EAOFb3rg

pOpInMyCollaR

Smash Rookie
Hey i saw some talk of people playing in upstate SUNY schools. I go to SUNY Potsdam and have 4 friends that have been to tournys with me that are pretty dec. Were lookin for some ppl to practice with or do a small tourny with....let me know whats out there

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: How far are you guys from Rochester or Buffalo?

If you're not too far, feel free to come down. We usually have monthly tournaments with one in Buff and one in Rochester on alternating weekends. It would be great to see some new faces! ^_^

pOpInMyCollaR

Smash Rookie
Yea Shiri that would work but me and my friends wont be able to make the trip untill college starts back up around Aug 28 but after that its a short drive to roc. So let me know more about it and well come then but you happen to know of anything closer like around upstate ny near albany?

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Sorry, I don't really know of anything outside of Poughkeepsie, Rochester, and Buffalo.

But yeah, just check the North Atlantic boards here about once a week to see if any new tournies pop up. The ones in Buffalo and Rochester are always posted well in advance, so keep an eye out. ^_^

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: There isn't a tourney date set in Rochester, yet.

At least...not to me knowledge. o_o;

CyberJocksWNY

Smash Cadet
Next CyberJocks tourney has been posted. Thanks again to everyone who has been coming out and supporting these events. Congrats to the Rochester people for owning Buffalo in the crew match. We are going to definitely be holding a rematch =) We opted for another Sunday event, as Saturdays are pretty busy for a lot of people in the summer.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's true, it never hurts to ask. I was just making sure you knew exactly where the people who read this thread live, so you wouldn't be disappointed if very few people express interest.

pOpInMyCollaR

Smash Rookie
Me and a few friends would be up to hosting a small tounry when we get back to college around aug 28th...but we wanta know if anyone would be up to going. Were at Suny Potsdam and have a suite so wed have the room to do it.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Yeah, that's one thing about this region.

It's fine to have an idea of what you want to do, but if you don't get details up well in advance, the turnout becomes less than optimal because everyone is spread out so far from each other. Travel isn't cheap or convenient in this region, so if you wanna host a tourney, get the details up and start advertising here and around your area.

S P I K E

Smash Ace
I may hold a mini-tournament on my street sometime this summer. I'll have the details up soon if I am going to.

pOpInMyCollaR

Smash Rookie
ok im not sure what you all want for details but were thinking around sept 8th..which is a friday. Theres me and 4 other friends that are decent at smash..we've been to two mlg tournys so far and did ok. We should have 3 tv's and 3 game cubes with memory cards..which should be enought dependin on how many ppl would show. We have a suite so wed host it in our room and i guess ppl could spend the night in our lounge if they wanted...if we wanted to make a pool thats cool to. We just wanta play with some differnt talent. Kinda wanta see how many ppl wouldnt be interested in comin..so let me know and what details u want

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Sounds cool. I have class that day, but I'll tell the people I know about this. <3

S P I K E

Smash Ace
WHoa man, I might actually make it to the CJ's tourney on Sunday... perhaps a bit late though. I'll have to leave from New Jersey at about 5:30 in the morning to make it.

pOpInMyCollaR

Smash Rookie
Someone needs to host a local tourny and Id do it if people would come to suny potsdam..i have a suite with a bunch of friends who play so we would have enough tvs for a pretty good size tourny.....let me know if anyones interested and we can set a date

Top Bottom