• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Western New York Upcoming Tournies/Smashfests

BIG. G

Smash Apprentice
goodshiyt ill prob go to this.. maybe bring some of T.I, we havent played much lately but we will will indeed inforce major ****! lol j/p hope mad people goto this

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
Hmm, if I may get to go....SevenOfCoins, I want to have a Falcon ditto.

I think I may be able to bring somewhat of a good Falcon to your doorstep =)

Matter of fact, i'll be trying to get all sorts of dittos going.

I play with a variety of characters quite well.

See how they compare to some people's mains.

September gives me a small amount of time to see if I can get something going.

You know what? how about this...if ANYONE is at least driving up there from a remote N.Y.C. area, I am up for taking a train TO getting picked up.

I really want to go.

sevenofcoins

Smash Journeyman
Vulcan, you're on for the Falcon ditto. I hope I don't disappoint.

If you were to take public transportation all the way, how much would it cost? Because I think we in Rochester, at least some of us, would be willing to pool money to get you here. It's a freakin long trip for you, and I'd like to give at least some sort of compensation to you. And of course, it'd probably be a bit of a hassle coming by train or bus or whatever. So yeah. I don't think we have anyone coming from anywhere near NYC, unfortunately.

Big G, where are you located?

TWP

Smash Ace
Hey guys I'm back checkin up on y'all...I like the new banner seven...its so...modest....

Anyway, I hope that many people will be interested in dittos, cause I'd love to see how some of my characters stand up to you guys. So basically we can gather a list of characters and hopefully get a few dittos lined up.

Also, I myself haven't had a chance to talk to BBT, but I'm asuming food would be a wonderful thing. Depending on how many people we have if you could chip in a few bucks we may be able to get soem pizza. Tis just a thought.

Good to see this is working out better than we hoped. We'd be glad to see anyone and everyone come, and I (personally) will try not to disappoint.

- TWP -

EDIT : My Characters :

Sheik
Marth
Geedubya

Xenos

Smash Cadet
Yeah Drew, youre starting to sound like schaaf with the banner thing. And dittos sound fun, even if Im gonna lose all mine, but anyways, characters are

Samus
Falco
Falcon

Jill Valentine

Smash Apprentice
Dittos are very interesting indeed...I would love to see how some of my chars. stack up against different areas' players:

Fox
Falco
Shiek
Dr. Mario

Greta_the_Great

Smash Ace
How can dittos determine how well you stand up against someone? I mean, for sheik dittos you chain grab, then slap at 110%... and for fox ditto you upthrow/upsmash all day? Someone explain :o

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
OH!...OH!...UH OH!...

TWP! I have to get a G&W ditto with you.

I want to have the best G&W.

And the only people seemingly now in my way are YOU,FootNBaseball,and Needles of Juntah.

I am out to conquer G&W.

MWahaha *Hackcoughspit*

But still, **** I GOTTA MAKE IT TO THIS $H1T!!!

Someone help! lmao...

Too many people to play..

Jill I wanna Fox and Falco ditto you too..but there's nothing I want to prove there I just want to 0_0

Over and out.

sevenofcoins

Smash Journeyman
Vulcan, you missed my post earlier directed towards you. I don't want to reiterate, so just scroll up a bit.

Greta, I suppose dittos don't really prove anything (we had that whole long topic about it in the MD, I know you don't visit there, but oh well) but you have to admit they're kinda fun. Yep yep.

Bumble Bee Tuna

Dolphin-Safe
BRoomer
well, Giygas, you do piss the bejeezus out of me sometimes, but I generally don't hold grudges. In fact, I've met several people who I truly disliked, even more than I dislike you, and I got along fine.

I met:

Azen Zagenite, who annoyed me to no end and still does
Mild, who pissed the **** out of all the mods getting banned 200 times
some guy in colorado who was also a Young Earth Christian and annoyed me with the dumbest arguments ever in the debate hall
The entirety of DA, who was pissed off at me for siding with the West Coast in the ancient battle of the coast egos before tournaments were popular. And now we're good friends.

So there's hope yet for you. I guarantee civility.

Kubuu I don't think I'll be holding much down...my Smash desire has been sucked dry. I hadn't played for four months before S4C, and I haven't played since. I still love a game but I just never practice or play. But I'll try.

Guys, using a lounge in one of my dorms would be the easiest option to get space, I imagine. But it wouldn't work to have a lot of people. These lounges aren't really that big. I could try to find some other space on campus, but that'd be a bigger pain in the ***, if my experience at my last school is any indication. And if it's a pain in the ***, I'll probably never get around to doing it.

Basically what I'm saying is relax and calm down on the attempts to get more people. We only need a few locals (read: 1 hour radius or so) to have a good time and for everyone to meet new competition. We can attract the larger crowds when we decide to have a tournament. It's not like we're only allotted one smash event for the entire year and we'll never be able to play again. Keep that in mind.

BTW if we have this at my school with only a few people, I'd be happy to buy maybe $20 worth of drinks/snacks/whatever for people with my meal plan, which I know from last year I never use up.

Strata, it's easy to get to RIT from UofR.

From the main entrance to UR campus (the parking booth), go out and take a left onto that major road (Elmwood, I believe). Keep going up Elmwood. Turn right onto Mt. Hope, also known as Route 15 south, at the intersection with a CVS on the corner. Continue on 15 south until you get to Jefferson Road, which is also known as Route 252?/253?(both 252 and 253 are in the area, so it does matter). Jefferson Road is not a normal intersection but is an overpass with an entrance ramp. You turn right onto Jefferson, which is right after a Kwik Fill gas station. About a mile or two down the road, RIT is on the left and you can't miss it (you will see some of the dorms towering over the trees).

If you're coming on the highway (390) just take the exit for 15 south.

Anyway, that was kind of pointless, because Mapquest exists. But it's not entirely trustworthy so my directions are for those who like landmark references.

DireVulcan: You seem desperate for competition. Instead of wishing you could come all the way out here, why not try to get together with one of the several other smashers right in New York City?

-B

-B

sevenofcoins

Smash Journeyman
The host has spoken.

But seriously, from this post onward I'm going to ignore new posters. Sorry, but I think it's pretty much the only way it's going to work. I'm not going to add anyone else to the first post either. Plus, I believe Kubuu or B said (and you'll have to verify this with them because of my faulty memory) that there will be little smashfests at RIT almost every weekend during the winter. So you're not missing out on a huge opportunity here. And B, I know you're not at RIT, but is the number we have of people already too large?

lionheart1

Smash Ace
hey i can still go right? i was involved in western/ middle ny smash for a while.

i play...
pretty much everyone. mains =

gannon
fox
falco
samus
doc
and shiek...but who seriously cant play shiek

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
hmmmm...

I understand about limiting competition because of space (and that's really unfortunate because I thought there'd be more space available in Rochester), but you're making it sound too much like a deterrent for really good comp who might be interested in showing up, and are now too offended to post about participating...

In the same unfrotunate spot, there could be people in my school that might be interested in hosting this if people are willing to help out, but I'm not a big fan of those smashers, and I doubt they'll organize something this fast (maybe they can, who knows). I've faced them before, and they're just a bit too pesky to deal with. Anywayz, I'll try talking to them about something, so who knows. From RIT, I'm about 30-45 mins. away, depending on how fast you guys drive (I can get to U of R in 25 mins). If you guys are interested, gimme a holla. I won't be back in school until the 27th, so planning might have to happen right away. If not, it's still all good if you're setting it up in RIT. No biggie...

sevenofcoins

Smash Journeyman
That's a good thought, RaZoR, but you said you don't go back to college until the 27th? In that case, we might as well just have another smashfest later at Geneseo (?). IM me at RollerbladeRebel and we can talk if you want. Or talk to B about it. Whatever works.

EDIT: Holy ****! Sorry, I turned off the whole brain thing this summer. You mean AUGUST 27th you're going back to school, right? I, for some reason, assumed September. Sorry about that, you can just disregard the whole post except the IM me part. So yeah.

TWP

Smash Ace
Are we still reserving a spot for Melee Warrioir ?

He hasn't even posted in this thread about coming and yet he has a spot reserved ? That seems a little strange to me.

How far is Westchester from Rochester G ?

And on the "other" smashfest possibly at Genesseo, I think that's a good idea, if we can get eveyroen to return and/or people can break away from school to make it to another one.

D

Deleted member

so you guys gonna pick a date or what?

Mewtwo's Training Stadium is open! Free Mewtwo trickz 'n R/\nD0m ****z! Only cost is food! Food for tricks yesss yesssssss....

Please pay via Pizza Pringles, Dairy Queen brand delicacies, or other miscellaneous Milk/Dark Chocolates!

Mewtwo Master in 1 hour, I guarantee for you!

TWP

Smash Ace
that is awesome Mow...sign me up considerin good 'ole B has offered to get us food :D

Of dates it'll prolly be the 5th or 19th, considering I plan on doing a school essay the 12.

And I really really bet that I can break that guarantee of 1 hour. Ask sevenbling, I suck (in a metaphorical sense)

D

Deleted member

yay BBT feed me hearty =)

You can use my Wavebird again if need be. I'll be bringing it as my extra.

Gil is going too? SWEET! More Samus to corrupt with Zelda/Mewtwo =)

sevenofcoins

Smash Journeyman
Gil? Whatever...anyway, it's about time I got assertive.

The 19th it is! Ryan will have his flashy new Japanese controller, everyone will be in the groove of school and whatnot, I'd say it's the best date.

Bumble Bee Tuna

Dolphin-Safe
BRoomer
We have plenty of people (read: Probably too many, if everyone were to show up) for holding it in some fairly small lounge in one of the RIT dorms. Keep that in mind. If you want more people, find a better location.

sevenofcoins

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I agree that we have more than enough people. As strange as it sounds, I'm kind of hoping that not everyone can come on the 19th. Maybe it's time this topic was closed, so nobody new sees it or can post in it? Just a thought. And I forgot to edit the title.

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
done...

So it's set for the 19th? Sounds like a plan. Make sure you guys finalize the settings, and expect to see me there...

sevenofcoins

Smash Journeyman
Oh haha, he's talking about the game settings and stuff? I thought he was just talking about dates and times. Anywho, yeah in terms of game settings we'll just do whatever people want.

Bumble Bee Tuna

Dolphin-Safe
BRoomer
Originally posted by lionheart1
ill be there but wut time? and where?...
Hasn't been decided yet, but we'll probably start early afternoon, and it's tentatively going to be at RIT until someone else gets a bright idea.

D

Deleted member

I smell house party!

Let's get a cheap motel, say it's for one person, and spike the room with multipliers and our equipment. Same as usual TVs and Gamecubes needed. We shall meet at the Rochester Bus Station.

=)

D

Deleted member

WE NEED SOME HYPE

I AM GONNA KILL YOU ALL 3 STOCK OR MORE

Kubuu

Smash Journeyman
Anyone who wants to play me in Rochester, I am here today and tomorrow. I dont have my controller with me, so if you can bring one for me, that would be hot. I know this has nothing to do with this topic, but whatever.

sevenofcoins

Smash Journeyman
Kubuu: We think we have a place for you if you want to come tomorrow. And a controller too.
Seeing as none of us can drive and our parents aren't really fans of the whole video games thing, we can't come to you although we would like to. So PM me or something, sometime tonight, if you want to smash tomorrow. I'll give directions to the house and whatnot.

Zero X

Smash Rookie
Kubuu, it seems no one can get a hold of u tonight, if ur really interested in smashing tomorrow, pm one of the the rochester smash crew asap tomorrow, or try and get a hold of us on aim

redblazer234-me
rollerbladerebel-sevenofcoins
caliburofsin-twp
razoredge676-xenos

those are our aims, contact us as soon as u can tomorrow, well try and plan something

-Zero X-

Top Bottom