• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Western New York Upcoming Tournies/Smashfests

PhillCollins

Smash Journeyman
You mean the SARPA kids? They're dirty...

And if you you meant LARPA for pokemon, man that'd be something else.

metaknight55

Smash Rookie
Saturday of awesomeness?

Originally posted by UmbreonMow
does buffalo still have a crazy pokemon tcg community? I'm hunting some players down.
Well I live in the suburbs of Buffalo and I play PTCG, however Im not exaclty the greatest player so If you are looking for big competition I don't count. There used to be a lot more people down where I live who played but then they stopped having teh Pokemon TCG league and replaced it with Yu-Gi-Oh o_O.

Anyway, Shiri or whoever said this saturday was the saturday of awesomeness, were you talking about the tournament at Cyberjocks? I was just curious.

Shiri

Smash Chump
Cyber-WHO?

:beezo: No, I didn't even know there was a thing at the Cyberjocks-place. Trust me, it is entirely non-Smash-related. Not all things of awesome have to be Smash stuff. ^_^ Anyway, if you're going to come next weekend, please post and let people know. ^_^

Shiri

Smash Chump
Uhm...

:beezo: Yeah...next weekend. Be there. It will be nice outside, so I'm not gonna play Smash all day, that's for sure. Room update coming soon.

Shiri

Smash Chump
x_x

:beezo: Okay...so, those two won't be able to join us. I know for a FACT that it will be TOO NICE outside to Smash indoors all day. Anyone else plan on coming? Let me know so I can reserve these rooms. If not, we can always do this another place, another time.

Shiri

Smash Chump
Ouchies...

:beezo: I guess this isn't going off, then. Shame. o_o Anyway, for anyone that will be in the area on Friday, the brothers of UGB are challenging the chumps (CHUMPS) at Sol 2 for some down n' dirty Smash action. Should be fun. ^_^

Shiri

Smash Chump
Blind...

:beezo: So yeah...I'll get to the point. I'm here all summer. Must Smash. If you are in the area and want to play, please let me know. I suck at Smash...and when I say that, I mean it. Please play Smash with a sucky player.

On a slightly related note, the brothers of UGB have been trying to increase Smash awareness on campus and it seems like there's a lot of hidden potential here. Hopefully this campus can see a turnover from playful Smash to something a bit more serious. Anyway, peace out fellas.

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Shiri, you gotta bring out the full potential of those RIT smashers. When I come back for the fall, I wanna get my a$$ handed to me by your pupils. Might be hard to do, but who knows?

Shiri

Smash Chump
Grrrr....

:beezo: It would be awesome to finally play you. ^_^ I doubt that RIT smashers will be handing anything to ANYONE, but it's just nice for Smash to become a lil more popular on campus. For RIT smashers to get good...that will take some time.

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
an academy...

Trust me, Shiri, when you make real players out of novices like I've done with some of my friends on my school, you get better in turn. Then again, playing solid competition is the only real way to get better. I don't know if your RIT people can provide you with that competition (with the exception of Kubuu), so we'll see. Trust me, I only get to play against people much better than me when I'm back home in NYC, so while I'm upstate for school, I do what I can with the competition available, which still isn't much. Nonetheless, I assure you that you will get better, training your fellow RIT smashers. You'll see...

lionheart1

Smash Ace
some one play us. were actually pretty good and need people to play. im taking the summer off from smash unless i have some event to anticipate! plz play, will drive within hr, 2hr distance
-tim

Shiri

Smash Chump
Dude...

:beezo: I suck donkey ballz, but if you wanna play and nobody else will, I am always here. I am your last Smashing resort, I suppose. But yeah, you know where to find me. ^_^

Shiri

Smash Chump
Yume no Basho e

:beezo: So I'm almost done playing Metroid Prime. I just got it the other weekend and it's easily the best ten dollars I've spent in a very long time. It makes me want to play Samus. But I suck as Samus. Mark is good at Samus, but he's a bum and went home for summer. ¬_¬

On topic, yes...once again, I agree with the MIGHTY Phill Collins. Are you in town, Phill? Perhaps I can get whopped by you sometime. I promise it would be the funnest whooping ever. If I'm gonna get stomped, I make sure I have a good time before I get blasted.

In related news, Tim and Alexi need to come through to RIT and beat me up. I've gotten better, though, so the beating will be reciprocated as much as possible. ^_^

PhillCollins

Smash Journeyman
Alas I go to UB and am not there. Instead of playing with Tim and Alexi I'm down in ORange County NY.

Shiri

Smash Chump
The MAN!

:beezo: Yo, ANY DAY IS GOOD FOR ME. ANY DAY, ANY TIME. As long as...it's after three in the afternoon. ¬_¬

Shiri

Smash Chump
Oh SNAPZ!

:beezo: It's the Rochester Smash Crew! Dang, homie. I need to play ALL of you guys. Tim! Tim! If you need help setting something up, let me know. Too many good cats that play Smash live around here.

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
Shiri, you got aim? This thread is just a very inefficient way of communicating. I also noticed your email address was blocked from receiving emails from board members. If you want privacy, just PM me with your aim or whatever. Oh, and the rochester crew doesn't smash anymore with the exception of TWP, who now has time to smash again, and SevenOfCoins possibly too.

-Alexei(finally remembered one of my usernames used for trolli...I mean one of my usernames ^_^)

TWP

Smash Ace
jeez mario, you sure seem to know a lot about us eh ? Just kinda wish I knew who you were...

Anywho, Kubuu and I had a nice little chat last night, and we're gonna go ahead and *hopefully* set some stuff up in the next few weeks. We'll see what happens.

-- oh and on a side note, this Sunday the RsC is getting together for a little reunion (no none of you are invited, sorry) but we might record some matches, so IM me on Monday or late late sunday and I might have them done for ya.

Shiri

Smash Chump
TWP! Too Willy, Punks!

TWP...you are THE MAN.

What's all THIS?!

I DEMAND MY BEEZO ICON...IMMEDIATELY! >_<

PhillCollins

Smash Journeyman
Well SevenofCoins is the one who made the topic so better get him to move it to regional section.

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
Maaan, I thought TWP stood for The White Pen1s or Time Waster Person due to your procratinative nature. Anyway, I noticed that none of us have much reputation, so let's take this time to use the handy little feature known as "add to someone's reputation" ^_^.

Shiri

Smash Chump
Bwahahaha!

:017: You are all officially on a distinguished road. CONGRATURATIONS! In related news, Pidgeotto, although being no Beezo replacement, still rocks in its own right. Carry on.

TWP

Smash Ace
actually the reputation feature is not working at the moment...its a bummer...but at least now we all got the sam rep as Gideon!

Mario, 1337demo...whatever you want me to call you -- It does officially stand for Time Waster Person, but I figured that \/ works better with smash.

EDIT -- whoops guess they fixed it!

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
OK, so there's 4 GameCrazy stores and a LAN cafe around here, I guess all of those can turn into potential tournament locations. My house is pretty small to smash in, so if we made a smashfest here Tim's Basement would be the perfect location, of course I cannot make that decision, because the basement is, after all, his.

On a side note I have 13 reputation points right now, so you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. Also no pokemon could possibly ever reach the glory of :bowser:

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
ahoyhoy...

Wazup, all you WNY smashers. Unfortunately, I won't get the pleasure of playing you all until the fall semester begins for me (end of August), but I certainly can't wait to test my skyllz against all of you. I'm telling you guys, if you ever have the chance, stop on by NYC this summer, there's a tourney coming up the Saturday right before FC3, so if you guys want some solid practice before attending the main tournament of the summer, this is it. You won't find any better competition outside of NYC, so get your fill here, and you guys will be set...

PS. How do you guys get the little Pokemon/Bowser icons in your post?? I guess I'm not too knowledgeable about the new set-up of this modified forum...

Shiri

Smash Chump
Grrr!

:017: Strata, somewhere in the post box where the smilies are, there is an option called "More..." to see all available smilies along with their vB tags. If it's being homofruity, then the text might blend in with the actual shade of the post box (which is exactly what I'm seeing on my screen right now), so just poke around until you see some text light up. x_x

I've been wanting to go to something in NYC for the longest...a Gauntlet, a smashfest...a something. x_x I think that unless TWP and Kubuu can get something together (and I'm positive they can), I shall be waiting until Fall to expand my Smash horizons, though. Going into that blasted city is out of the question for me at the moment.

lionheart1

Smash Ace
first of all id like to say that its nice to see that twp and those guys are gonna smash again. i took a long break before too, and also these new board layout is pretty sick!

ne ways. during the days of june 27 - july 8 is good for smash fests here. i can drive to where ever so thats always an option! just give me dates to play because its good to play with other people. YA KNOW!
-peace, tim

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
Dammit Timmy, why wasn't your basement mentioned in that post, do I have to pull some Heim "Kill The Shirt!" $hit for you to have a smashfest there?

Shiri

Smash Chump
Oh SNAPZ!

:017: Uh...party at Tim's place. o_o

Actually, I won't be available until the end of the month for Smash Brothers. Once July hits...actually, the weekend after Independence Day until September is fine for anything really.

lionheart1

Smash Ace
the basement was not mentioned because its completley packed with toiletries for some charity drive my mom is running. i wouldnt mind having it at my house during those dates, but id need to find room, or else we can just play on one tv =\. if shiri is still at rit and he could get that room like last time that would be dope because thats a killer spot, and might be easier on rides for some other people. ?isnt greta in this area right now?
-tim

Shiri

Smash Chump
:017: I'll see if I can get the room again if you guys want. Unfortunately, unless it's RIDICULOUSLY convenient, I won't be able to join you guys because I've got papers due next week and finals the week afterwards. Another issue might be the lack of telelvisions...but, then, it also depends on how many people you plan on playing with.

Anyway, if I can help you guys out, just let me know. I'll get the room or whatnot...just need dates and times.

Top Bottom