• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Western New York Upcoming Tournies/Smashfests

PhillCollins

Smash Journeyman
Still no confirmed location I presume.

If you're interested in holding it at UB than you should attempt to communicate with one of the officers. I know absolutely nothing about the rigors SMASH club runnin'. I think alexi has some contact information.

Shiri

Smash Chump
Tiny update...

:017: THE MIGHTY PHILL COLLINS is right. There is no confirmed location.

I'm doing my RIT research. By the end of the week, I should have made significantly more progress. If someone (apparently Alexi) could contact UB Smash Club people, that would be super. Keep it up, guys. ^_^

P.S. - If we push this event a week back, then the TVs are almost guaranteed, since my organization will be using them for the Friday beforehand anyway. Long story short, I'll have access to the TVs over the weekend, since they'll be picked up the following Monday. I'll be back around this weekend with definite updates, though.

Shiri

Smash Chump
Tsk, tsk...

:017: Stealing is too above me, I'm afraid. ^_^

Oh, wait... ¬_¬

Anyway, I'll still need permission to use them, it's just that they'll already have been checked out for us, making them easier to access. Hope that clears things up. ^_^

TWP

Smash Ace
Shiri, I love you. I am going to bring you cookies to the tournament.

Anyway, on the smash cds and memory cards, I can supply 1 copy of smash but like 5 full 100% completed memory cards. Dunno if that helps at all.

Oh and Strata, you and I need to do some friendies, we played once in september and I need to play a good samus again dude.

PhillCollins

Smash Journeyman
One memory card is enough to set up numerous cubes.

I will most likely be able to bring a TV, a copy, and cube.

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
Hehe, I'm a character apparently.

Well, I'll be able to bring 1 or 2 TVs, a cube, a smash disk, 2 mem cards, 3 controllers (one of them being ghetto, controller matches are welcome).

Shiri

Smash Chump
Heh...

:017: Don't bring me cookies, yet. It's still not SOLID.

But when it is, I require peanut butter cookies. o_0

That is all.

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
goodness...

I'm surprised that you remember me, TWP, but I don't remember most of the guys from that little shindig at RIT before (no offense). But yeah, once this thing get's crackin', I'd be more than down. I'd like to say that my Samus is much better now than it ever was, so I hope to give you a good enough match.

BTW: I'm in the middle of camp right now (I'm a counselor), so I may not be posting often. To Shiri and the rest of people plannin' this thing, keep up the hard work. I know that you'll seal the deal in due time, so I'm not too worried about that. Keep practicin' up, and I'm sure I'll see you guys in the fall...:006:

Shiri

Smash Chump
Knock

:017: Hey guys, quick question.

How far do you think people will travel for this? I know it's small and really our first time doing this, but I was wondering how far YOU would travel if you saw this being posted in another state's thread.

Just curious.

lionheart1

Smash Ace
if we promote the tourney and word spreads, who knows how big it will be! i could see people as far as nyc traveling to this for a big pot

is any one around here planning on going to fc3?
-tim

Shiri

Smash Chump
Iie...

:017: Phill, for be so MIGHTY, I'm surprised this escaped you.

What I meant was, if you were in another nearby state and saw me come in your thread and advertise this tournament, do you think you'd try to travel to make it?

Anyway, it's all good. You're still MIGHTY.

lionheart1

Smash Ace
will, its a good thing you will be back in time for this! i gotta start to practice hardcore for fc and these upcoming tournies during the schoolyear.!!!!

i think im gonna narrow my choices down to like 9 characters, rofl
-tim

PhillCollins

Smash Journeyman
Though I won't be making it to FC3 there're about 4 other tournies I'll be at.

This coming gauntlet I'm going to call out of work and I'll have quit by MLG Philly.

Work Sucks

Before the Battle for Western New York (BBWNY) starts we should have a dance montage prepared. This is gonna take time and alot of you probably haven't taken nearly enough tap to do this right but we'll work through it.

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
OK B1tches, smashfest at Tim's on Tuesday! Get ready to get raaaaaaped hardcore up the anal tract with no lubrication of any kind, unless you consider getting kneed with thunder or forward smashed with a bazooka powered sword lubrication.

lionheart1

Smash Ace
yeah. um. smashfest

looks like im gonna need some times that are good for everyone because i only have two people who are planning on coming to the fest on july 5th. therefore it will probably be canceled. its a shame, isnt it? im gonna set something up in august before we all go off to school so give dates that are good for you and ill see what i can do! actually we could set up buffalo biweekly tournies in order to get ready for the big tourney. remember to all those that the ub smash club meets weekly! but ill organize the biweeklys according to those who can come.
-tim

Shiri

Smash Chump
Hey, Tim...

:017: I've got two questions.

Does the UB Smash Club meet during summer as well? o_0

And...would transportation be provided to a bum that lives at RIT? ¬_¬

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
I'd just like to see an update on how things are going, Shiri. Even if nothing new's developed, I guess it would just put me at ease to be reminded of the capable hands runnin' this thing. I can't wait to come back to WNY (I can't believe I'm saying that), just to smash with the region. I know that 2 months of not playin' smash will be to my disadvantage, but I will make sure I won't fall too far behind to those that are spending time getting better. I'm lookin' forward to this, guys, and I hope that the rest of you in this thread are too...:006:

Shiri

Smash Chump
Sashiburi da na...

:017: Yo. If it makes you feel any better...

I shall be buttering someone up tomorrow evening over dinner to see what I can do about TVs and rooms. Sorry this is taking so long.

Trust me, Strata...you are not alone in the lack of Smash. I just figured out today that the television in the place I just moved into does not have the A/V inputs I need for my Cube. :_: I don't care if I have to play Smash by myself, but I want to at least PLAY darn it. >_<

Anyway, I'll get back to you guys as soon as I can with some very positive updates. ^_~

lionheart1

Smash Ace
hmm positive updates...

here are some. cyberjocks has NOT announced a new date for their next tourney. gamecrazy stores state that there will be tournies in august. the buffalo guys are preparing to play at fc, and no one wants to play with us... :cry:
-tim

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
Oooooohhh, the Buffalo guys are gonna be at FC3. This experience should get them really ready for the Battle for WNY. That's the kind of practice that would give them an advantage over those without a lot of practice/experience. I hope to be able to freshen my skyllz in time to be a challenge for these guys. I'm sure it shouldn't take that long, but we'll see.

Another little query about the tourney is that, are we also gonna have teams instead of singles? Just another little thought for you guys that may have the same issue in your heads...:006:

Shiri

Smash Chump
Don't trip!

:017: Tomorrow, I hereby challenge Tim's Bowser to duel my Pichu! >_<

It's on like Donkey Kong! You shan't escape me, Timothy!

You can catch it too if you wanna, Alexi. ^_~

lionheart1

Smash Ace
just tell me where and what time! just dont make it a crazy time because i gotta drive 1.5hr and im gonna be **** tired from work. and not to mention i have crazy parents
-tim

Shiri

Smash Chump
Positive Updates!

:017: Congratulations, ladies!

You are now the PROUD owners of the brand new...

BATTLE FOR WESTERN NEW YORK!

It's official! I will be putting up a thread and my flyer as soon as we settle on more details. I've got the room. I've got the TVs. We have a VENUE.

First detail to settle...the date. I believe we settled on September 10th earlier, but I just wanna run this back in case anyone has a problem.

LET'S GO! MAN UP OR GET OUT!

Shiri

Smash Chump
Chum own!

:017: Yes, yes...we're all excited.

But you guys have to let me know if the 10th is an okay date! ^_^

Top Bottom