• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Western New York Upcoming Tournies/Smashfests

Shiri

Smash Chump
Rainbow

:017: Well...

I said I was gonna put up a thread later tonight. However, I've changed my mind. I've gotten this tiny bit done, but I've got a midterm tomorrow that I need to take care of. I want quality in BOTH my schoolwork and this tournament setup, so I figure if we've waited this long, a few more days won't hurt. By Wednesday, the site should be up and a thread should be going...both fully equipped with sights, sounds, and a fantastic schedule with a super ruleset.

For now, if you want to see the flyer, please go here.

Please print the flyer out (in color or black and white...I care not) and post them up in places near you and your schools. If you can't do color and the flyer doesn't look good in greyscale (I haven't checked) or there's a proportion problem when you print, let me know so I can fix it.

DO NOT go to the website posted yet. THAT will be up later...maybe later tonight.

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
The flyer should say "Super Smash Brothers Melee" with the (+) logo instead of just "smash", no? That would be more successful at getting the attention of a casual SSBM player who doesn't play often enough to call it "smash" but would still go to a tournament.

Shiri

Smash Chump
I see...

:017: Thanks for the input. ^_^

Actually, I apologize for the cruddiness of the flyer. I was gonna hand-draw a super awesome one, but I figured it's already the end of July and we need to hurry. But yeah, I'll fix it up very soon.

I'll also make those trendy sig banners if anybody wants them. Just tell me what character you want on it and I'll slap it up here.

PhillCollins

Smash Journeyman
**** You're doing some awesome work on this. I'll take one with Game & Watch, since he's in my top 4 now.

Come september, all other players will realize how inferior they are! I shall slice through my opponents like a warm Game & Watch through butter! Lake Ontario will turn red with the blood of my enemies!

lionheart1

Smash Ace
shiri you are my effing hero. this **** is gonna be off the chain.
make sure to get a topic soon in the tournament discussion and state that it will be a big tourney. 2 day tournies often draw a lot of attention!
-tim

Shiri

Smash Chump
So...

:017: Things are progressing well.

Now that my midterm is done, I can focus a lot more on this. I'm putting together an info packet similar in nature to the one provided for FC3. However, since a lot of new and non-RIT students will be attending, this is gonna be a tad longer to make sure that tourney-goers, myself, and whoever else I can get from RIT to help me out are safe. RIT likes to get people got, so I'm trying to cover everyone's behind.

The site should be up by Wednesday night or Thursday. I want it to look good, so it'll take a day or two. A thread will be up MOST LIKELY by Wednesday night. MAYBE Wednesday afternoon. I'm juggling quite a few things, so I wanna make sure I can pace myself.

Banners and revised flyers are coming out soon. Possibly at the same time as the thread...that would be pretty cool.

I...think that's it. I'll be back here once I get out of class to let you guys know how things are going. ^_^

Oh wait...one thing.

I've got crews and teams lined up for Saturday and Singles for Sunday.

BUT!

When do you guys want the RIT v. UB crew battle to take place? I want it to be a decent attraction, so I'm thinking that there will be a break during singles that it can happen. What do you guys think?

Link&DKAreMyBoys05

Smash Rookie
Man i wish i could get a tournment going in Rome or Oneida somewhere.. i've never been in one and i just wanna see how i fare against other people and oh yeah im new here :p

Shiri

Smash Chump
Bump

:017: Since I know you guys are hungry...

I'm gonna put the template for the banner's I'm gonna make up here.

The default overlay is red, as you can see, but I can change it to whatever you'd like. I can change the font as well, and I can add either SSB characters or SSB:M characters to the unoccupied corner.

Sorry, Phill, but I couldn't find any official Mr. Game and Watch character art that I could use. x_x If you have any, let me know and I'll make your banner for you.

Sorry this is taking so long, guys. I just have to iron out a few last couple issues. ^_^

Shiri

Smash Chump
Don't Start

:017: Thanks. ^_^

But it's not done yet. I'm having someone review the info packet, and as soon as that's done, the thread will be up. The site is up, and I just have to fix the flyer.

I'm still taking banner requests if anyone wants any. ^_^

Shiri

Smash Chump
Oops...

:017: Hmmm...

I kinda...

...put the thread up. ¬_¬

Yeah...

I updated the website, too. I think the picture's pretty sweet. Please don't mind the ads, unless someone has webspace they're willing to donate. ^_^

P.S. - I still wanna know when you guys think the RIT v. UB crew battle should take place! >_<

Shiri

Smash Chump
Eh...

:017: You guys are gonna get me banned for letting me triple post.

Anyone wanna smash today?

Bonk

Smash Rookie
ill smash anyday with you shiri. only problem is i live in buffalo (williamsville) and i have no transportation to Rochester. Its only an hour and 10 minute drive from my house though ;-)

Bonk

Smash Rookie
yeah lionheart, where in williamsvill do u live. im right near west klien and hopkins if you know where that is

Bonk

Smash Rookie
u would have to give me your address cause idk where campbell is. pm it to me

Shiri

Smash Chump
Doozo

:017: I was gonna put something important here, but I forgot what it was. o_o

Shiri

Smash Chump
Life is serious...

:017: RIT is keepin me busy with lots of work.

So people sending me messages on AIM doesn't fly when I've got papers and exams due. Even when it comes to SmashBoards, I usually only post up here when my work is done or when I'm about to go to bed. At any rate, I'm tryin to drop the mean A in this one last class, so I probably won't be on AIM until September.

I'm still working on your Fox banner, by the way, so I'll let you know when it's done.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
This tournament will officially shape the future of my smashing career. I can't wait to go, it is going to redefine the word intense. I've never been to a tourny of this magnitude and I hope to have learned a lot once its over. My fire flower Luigi is quite the eyeful. Ph33r his power lol. :laugh:

Shiri

Smash Chump
It is true...

:017: We all look forward to seeing what everyone else has in store for the tourney-goers. Man up.

GuardianKnight

Smash Apprentice
must be expierenced the better you are the more we want you to come its from around 11am to 11 to 12am so if u want drop by just send me an instant message.... again this will be a good warm up for the people going to the up and coming gauntlet on SUNDAY if your washed you'll get good training so whatever again smashfest FRIDAY if you wanna come instant message me THEMETALAVE or my friend QUEENZPLAYA087 k guys....peace

GuardianKnight

Smash Apprentice
guys two more days till your invited to me and warriorknights smashfest if you guys wanna come just instant message me or warriorknight my Screen name is Themetalave and warriorknights is Queenzplaya087 if anyones interested your free to come you must be expierenced the better you are the more we want you to come its from around 11am to 11 to 12am so if u want drop by just send me an instant message.... again this will be a good warm up for the people going to the up and coming gauntlet on SUNDAY if your washed you'll get good training so whatever again smashfest FRIDAY if you wanna come instant message me THEMETALAVE or my friend QUEENZPLAYA087 k guys....peace

Shiri

Smash Chump
:017: Indeed. My, that was fun.

For me, at least. So...

**crickets**

...I dunno. o_o I guess if anyone's having Smashfests later on, just say so. o_o

lionheart1

Smash Ace
aight. remember wed nights at ub at 8 there are weekly tournies and its just a good time, although there are not the best playas there. ill post when the first big ub tourny is. also im looking into places who would host a tourney that is not at ub. just trying to keep wny a big scene! oh, and that was a good time
-tim

Top Bottom