• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Western New York Upcoming Tournies/Smashfests

lionheart1

Smash Ace
is there any way that it can be earlier than eight, or can we come earlier. ill stay later but i really dont feel like driving late when i have no idea where im going. is there any way that i can get directions to where we will be playing...and i can bring a cube and a tv, actually 2 cubes
-tim

metaknight55

Smash Rookie
Originally posted by Greta_the_Great
Dude, I think it's just going to be friendlies... no tournament.
I take it you were talking to me. Ah well thats a shame. I really wanted to head down and play, I dont care if its not for cash or anything i just want to play for fun. If you guys will still let me come please hook me up with some info, I'd really appreciate it.

Shiri

Smash Chump
Alrighty Then!

:beezo: Okay, it seems like we've got some interested parties, so we can go ahead and do this then. Here we go.

PLACE: Rochester Institute of Technology
1 Lomb Memorial Drive

ROOM: Nathaniel Rochester Hall
Room 1250

TIME: 6:00 p.m. to approx. 9:00 or later...

DATE: Friday, February 11th, 2005.

If any of you need more directions, please let me know so I can find and get them to you on time.

I can supply food and drinks. By food and drinks, I mean soda, water, chips, a few sandwhiches, and whatever else I can get from the Corner Store. If you'd like to bring food, please double check with me via PM. There are campus requirements for food brought on campus and I don't feel like being keelhauled in to Campus Safetly because someone didn't listen. If everyone's up for it, we can also order pizza after a little while. I think Domino's has that 555 deal and we can just use that.

There's no entry fee, so there are no prizes. Just lots of fun. Trash talk is encouraged, but only if you can man up on the sticks. ^_^

Please please PLEASE bring televisions, game discs, memory cards, and Cubes if you can. We really don't all want to be crowded around one screen waiting on someone's Yoshi vs. Doc match on Fountain of Dreams to finish. Equipment will be GREATLY appreciated.

I hope this can go down successfully and that everyone has a good time! ^_^ Hope to see you all there!

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this is sounding more like it's gonna have a decent turnout. Unfortunately, I don't know how long I can stay. I actually have to go back home to NYC for a job interview this Saturday morning, which means I'll have to leave my internship near U of R and either smash at RIT for a couple of hours, or just head straight home. And for those of you who don't know how far NYC is from the Roc, it's about 5-6 hrs (5 for me because I drive fast). So if Shiri can get a somewhat definite number on how many people are coming, if the comp is fierce, then expect me there. If it's only gonna be a few people, then I don't know. I'll do my best to make it, since I was one of the forces that drove this event to exist. Either way, I'm not gonna be back home until Saturday morning (around 2-3), so if I can get some decent smashing in there somewhere, then all the better. I hope to see a lot of you guys there...

Shiri

Smash Chump
Okay!

:beezo: Alright, so here's the deal! If you plan on coming, please PM me and tell me how many people you plan on bringing if you come. This to get some numbers, not only for Strata, but for myself and other interested parties as well.

As for me, I'm bringing myself and the brothers of Upsilon Gamma Beta who play Smash...that's a total of five people. I know there may or may not be some RIT Smashers who can come, but if they will, I know about five more who might be interested. If we count Strata, there's another. So, in total so far, we've got eleven possibles. PM me and I'll update these numbers for everyone's convenience. Thanks.

Melee Warrioir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chhipz
HI AGAIN PPL long time no see. well bad news is even this lil gathering is in my hometown fate trully hates im sure of it now. this is like the third time a smash gathering has occured near me and i was not able to attend. accursed world...... nevertheless, i will fight to come.
gosh i really hate my life :( :( :( :( :( :( sigh....

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
Remember, the more responses we get in this thread, the better the turnout will be. More comp = more fun for everybody...

Shiri

Smash Chump
Okay, so...

:beezo: We've got approximately four more people coming. They're also bringing a TV and two Cubes. That makes 15 people so far.

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
15 people? Wow, that's good. If you're definite that those many people are coming, then expect me there...

Shiri

Smash Chump
I think that's it...

:beezo: I think we're capping off at about 17 people since Lionheart has people coming but since some people I know here aren't gonna show. I hope everyone has a safe travel over here. If there are any room changes that need to be made or if anything goes down that you need to know about, I'll let you all know right here. If you need a number to call when you get here and you need to know what to do, please PM me. Thanks.

Kubuu

Smash Journeyman
If anyone wants to show up earlier, you can show up and chill at my place prior to the start of the smash fest. Anyone who is interested should let me know like NOW, so I can give out directions, and set things up. Get at me FAST.

Shiri

Smash Chump
I Knew It!

:beezo: Got got by ResLife again. The room has been changed to Gleason 1067. It's just the next lot over from NRH, for those who are driving. Sorry about that.

Shiri

Smash Chump
Captain Falcon!

:beezo: YES! That was a blast! Even though we only had seven people, it was still great. Hopefully we can have a bigger turnout next time. Got to play some new talent, but I still want more! I hunger for a beating! Western New York, I challenge thee!

**alpha-male syndrome wears off**

Uh...what was I saying? Anyway, I can't wait until next time. See you guys later!

P.S. - Pichu is the MAN! YOU know what I'm talking about.

lionheart1

Smash Ace
theres going to be a smash gathering at a local gaming place near where i live soon. which will then lead to them sponsoring a tourney so ill post details when everything has settled
-tim aka lionheart1

Shiri

Smash Chump
Please Do...

:beezo: Can't wait. ^_^

Wait a sec...

I never fought you one-on-one... o_0;

Oh well, I'll get another chance I hope. ^_^

Hope to see you guys again soon.

Shiri

Smash Chump
Hehehe!

:beezo: My Pichu versus your Bowser next time, then! ^_^ Anyway, be sure to keep us posted with the upcoming smashfest.

Shiri

Smash Chump
By The Way...

:beezo: I finish finals next Wednesday and I'm staying here for Spring Break. If anyone wants to play me anytime over the next two weeks, let me know. I'd be glad to play anyone. And I still need to play you before you leave, Kubuu. o_O My green dress vs. your Master Sword.

Shiri

Smash Chump
Tic-Tac

:beezo: Well, finals week is next week and Spring break is the week after. School starts again the following week.

Shiri

Smash Chump
It's okay.

:beezo: I was just sad that this reached the third page, so I figured I should od something. o_o

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
I feel you guys, this thread needs more support. I apologize for not making it to the smashfest before, but the interview was more important, so I had to be awake for the (I got the job, btw). But if you guys set something up soon, since I have no big obligations anymore, I can definitely come to a smashfest on a given Friday. Just say when...

Shiri

Smash Chump
Well...

:beezo: There probably won't be any more smashfests until about late March or so. Even then, we might have to tack on the name "Kubuu" just to get people to show. ^_^ But hopefully we can get one going soon and have a good number of people show. I wanna hear back from Lionheart when he gets details about this tourney establishment going down. That sounds real interesting.

lionheart1

Smash Ace
yeah, i wish other smashers on the boards were registered at this place so that its just not me trying to push for it. and getting a large support group from a number of novice players (who think they are gonna lan the cubs together for ssbm, =\)
-tim

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
If you guys get more people to go, then this thread will begin to start jumpin'. Let's get to it people, let's get this "tourney" up and going...

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
With all of the $hit going on in my life right now, it may be gettin' to that time when I might retire from this game. I need outlets to go out with a bang on. There's a tourney in my hometown of NYC during my spring break that I'm gonna be going to, just to see how bad I am and to see if there's a chance I can reach their level of skyll without having to waste much of my life. So yeah, pardon my rantings, but let's get something together. I need to go out knowing that I lost to the best that have played this game, and I want to start this ASAP...

Top Bottom