• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Coast Smash League

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
that's y i always bring 2 tvs to every tourney
thank you. i did the same until i realized how god**** unappreciative people are, though i still bring one. no one else will thank you, so allow me to.

Mango's Marth is alright. His Yoshi is meh.... (but then again, it IS Yoshi). Just keep playing him and it will eventually become legit, like your Falcon lol.
jesus christ you have catapulted past everyone to become the most annoying person on the boards.

I talk to Mango lol. I know.
Does it make you cry yourself to sleep at night to "know" that you "know" so much about the game but are still so limited in your skill? It should. You aren't that bad in person but you are becoming god**** insufferable online -- everything you say is just laced with condescension. You do remember you lost to San Diego Reaper, right? I hope beating me didn't go to your head -- I've lost to every Peach in SoCal.

its not as gay as he wants people to think it is
Quoted for god**** truth.

Most of Mangos secondaries are match up dependent. So many people fail to realize that.
Did you REALLY have to add the last sentence? Oh, "so many people" don't realize it, but the great Kouryuu does. Don't even get defensive on this, just STOP ****ING DOING IT.

As far as I know, his Fox/Falco are legit. His Falcon is getting there (he's definitely getting the hang of the Peach match up).
Omg shut the **** up. Do you know who you're talking about? Mango. The best player in the world. His Falcon is "getting there"? Yeah, it beat Zhu, but it still has so much more work to do. You really want people to believe you're knowledgable and some kind of expert on the game, but you say the SCRUBBIEST THINGS. It's "getting there" because it took him longer than you expected for him to **** you? Stop judging people by how well they do against you.

Seriously, there is nothing worst in the god**** world than undeserved condescension. I will be the first to admit I'm pretty condescending, but that's only about subjects I know really ****ing well, and when I run into someone who knows it as well as or better than me, I drop that **** real quick. Newsflash: you are not that good. Calm the **** down.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I might be here in time for the weekend since my grandparents are flying to San Francisco on Friday. :] This is a maybe, though.
---
Lol, P's posts always crack me up.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
wow wtf some admin put a christmas hat on my arv. crazy.

off to the broooooooooooooooom

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
jesus christ you have catapulted past everyone to become the most annoying person on the boards.
Ouch...

But seriously, I really don't know what you found so annoying about that post. His Marth is decent compared to his other secondaries. His Yoshi IS meh... and as far as what I said about his Falcon goes, it's an inside thing between me and him. Nothing more to that post than just that.

Does it make you cry yourself to sleep at night to "know" that you "know" so much about the game but are still so limited in your skill? It should. You aren't that bad in person but you are becoming god**** insufferable online -- everything you say is just laced with condescension. You do remember you lost to San Diego Reaper, right? I hope beating me didn't go to your head -- I've lost to every Peach in SoCal.
Everything I say is laced with condescension? How so? Don't get me wrong, I know I can be condescending at times but you're making it seem like EVERY post I make is condescending one way or another. Dude, calm down...

It's funny how you're assuming that beating you got to my head. Trust me, it didn't. I could already tell you do poorly against Peaches. I was falling asleep during our second set in the loser finals. Not really an accomplishment to let it get to my head.

Quoted for god**** truth.
Trust me when I say that I don't care as much as you think I do about how gay my playstyle is lol.

Did you REALLY have to add the last sentence? Oh, "so many people" don't realize it, but the great Kouryuu does. Don't even get defensive on this, just STOP ****ING DOING IT.
*sigh* Not what I said but whatever. If it's really that annoying, I'll stop. Calm Down.

Omg shut the **** up. Do you know who you're talking about? Mango. The best player in the world. His Falcon is "getting there"? Yeah, it beat Zhu, but it still has so much more work to do. You really want people to believe you're knowledgable and some kind of expert on the game, but you say the SCRUBBIEST THINGS. It's "getting there" because it took him longer than you expected for him to **** you? Stop judging people by how well they do against you.
Until recently, his Falcon only really knew how to fight spacies. But whatever. I only do say scrubby things so how would I know lol.

Seriously, there is nothing worst in the god**** world than undeserved condescension. I will be the first to admit I'm pretty condescending, but that's only about subjects I know really ****ing well, and when I run into someone who knows it as well as or better than me, I drop that **** real quick. Newsflash: you are not that good. Calm the **** down.
Never said, I was good. Like I said, you took my first post way to seriously. It was never my attention to be condescending. But whatever. I really don't want to stretch this out any further. So calm down.

To save both of us the trouble, from now on, take my posts with a pinch of salt.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
wcsl is too close to have p get into it with someone. i may start infracting if you guys get too silly/too serious over dumb stuff.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
BAHAHA, I HAVE CONTROL OF THIS THREAD NOW. My great plan is coming to fruition.

Soon, yes soon, ALL OF PAC WEST ARE BELONG TO ME.

New Tourney info COMING SOON.

Michael Hayes:
Personally I'd rather have just time for friendlies than a 2 stock best of 2 pools. I wanted to do Brawl singles the 2nd day so we'd have an accurate gauge of the time we need for it, since it will certainly be the longest event, however the main TO's are set on having it Saturday.

I want to know what you guys think of 2 stock 2 match pools as opposed to more friendly time. I really don't want to risk doing a 'normal set' pools given time constraints. Melee singles is the last event, so any failure to get the tourney done in a timely manner comes out of that event.

Captain Grenade

Smash Apprentice
Why isn't Melee Doubles the last event?

Usually melee singles is the last event cus it's the finale, right? Well if there are time constraints, I say we strikeout melee doubles before melee singles.
agreed.

also, more time for friendlies sounds like a better plan than doing the 2stock pools.

and sometimes it takes more to figure someone out than 2 stock, meaning i think the results of a 2 stock pool may differ from a traditional pool. (that's probably a ridiculous argument. lol)

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
If I had any control over it at this point I'd do something about it. Apparently my suggestions didn't take when I talked to the staff at the tourney on the 6th despite my best efforts. Whatever, I'm still gonna make sure this runs right even if the schedule is unfortunate. Apparently the concern is that people who would be only coming for one singles event or the other would have to switch their schedules or something.

Miztik

Smash Master
Sheridan i got a question on your front page you have the prices as

10 each for both singles events and 20 each both doubles events

but on the AIB page

it says 15 each for both singles events

whats the actually price?

im slightly confused

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Alright, my bad. I'll try to keep my ego under check. I can only imagine how annoying it can be.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I edited the first post to have it match the AIB info. I don't know what if any of my statements to put in there since they are not necessarily official.

Shroomed

Smash Master
dont take time out of melee singles or doubles, not cool ya'll not cool

sigh for barlw takin the time and life out of tourneys

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Brawl is the future and most popular game. it needs to be priority.

3 stock to matches per pool is best if you reduce the time limit to 6min

pockyD

Smash Legend
reducing the time limit just makes people camp more

there's a reason it's at what it is to begin with... if 3 stocks 6 min worked the same as normal, it would already be the standard

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
2 stock is fine if it's still best of 3. I hate best of 2, it's dumb because the player who wins first gets a disadvantage - the other guy gets to counterpick character, then the set looks even. That's not really fair.

reducing the time limit just makes people camp more

there's a reason it's at what it is to begin with... if 3 stocks 6 min worked the same as normal, it would already be the standard

People will camp anyway, but pools has to be done under time constraints so having "more campers" is not as bad as not finishing the tournament.

Top Bottom