• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Coast Smash League

SuperRad

Smash Master
i've been trying to keep track of how much money i've agreed to give away
so far i think this is my list, i may have said i'd mm lovage for quarters:

$5 side bet vs kira
$1 sheik ditto vs kira
$5 side bet vs greatest leon ever
$1 sheik vs HoG's ganon
$2 sheik vs P's marth
$2 sheik vs aznforce's falco
$1 sheik vs leon's falcon
$1 sheik vs ian
$1 sheik vs chok's random
25c sheik vs lovage's fox
25c sheik vs lovage's ??

if you're not on the list
you missed out on free money

sorry boo

Shroomed

Smash Master
P i'll know on thursday, that's when i get paid

and why did i think they were turning melee into the 2 stock bull ****
i was about to post saying im not coming until i figured it out lol

btw P, what's the stakes of that crew battle we have?

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Why is it that every time I'm browsing the threads, I see "Last Post By:"

Lovage. >_>

Calmtf down already.

And pools ****, idk what you're talking about...

pockyD

Smash Legend
i'm pretty sure it's been explicitly made clear all along that brawl was priority 1, and melee is priority 2

they didn't try to hide it or anything, so you aren't making some clever observation :)

Miharu

Smash Hero
i'm pretty sure it's been explicitly made clear all along that brawl was priority 1, and melee is priority 2

they didn't try to hide it or anything, so you aren't making some clever observation :)
just some pent up *****ing i need to do

still ****ing annoying prioritizing a clearly inferior game just to "please the masses"; i just ****ing hate the concept

**** brawl that ****ty game ruins everything

pockyD

Smash Legend
if people want to bet on shroomed, why don't they just help subsidize his side of the mm so it can be $100 like it was originally meant to be? (that is to say, your "side bet" would be with P)

also, without brawl, we would all be paying like $20 each in venue fees for the tournament :(

although apparently we are doing so even with brawl; i wonder how much profit they'll make

Miharu

Smash Hero
dunno apparently venue costs a ****load

even then it makes me wonder why they can't have it be open for past 8PM if they're paying such an absurd amount of money for it

pockyD

Smash Legend
well at $15 / person, with 200+ people (iirc 240+ confirmed on aib? plus people who don't bother with that, including me :laugh:), that's well over $3000... I remember reading somewhere that the venue was in the neighborhood of 1200, so that's a healthy profit margin

Captain Grenade

Smash Apprentice
well at $15 / person, with 200+ people (iirc 240+ confirmed on aib? plus people who don't bother with that, including me :laugh:), that's well over $3000... I remember reading somewhere that the venue was in the neighborhood of 1200, so that's a healthy profit margin
it looks a bit more rediculous when you lay out the math like that.
(like i've already done. lol)
yeah. they're making bank

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
It's getting pre-tty Manacloud in here.

Seriously though, a seven-eight dollar venue fee per person is seriously all they need to do. All this pre-calculating **** is ridiculous.

Shroomed

Smash Master
so we're paying $15 for melee to have black people treatment?

what kinda **** is that, sigh
lucky for them i love this game, i agree with hydro kirby brawl is a ***got that ruins stuff

Captain Grenade

Smash Apprentice
so we're paying $15 for melee to have black people treatment?

what kinda **** is that, sigh
lucky for them i love this game, i agree with hydro kirby brawl is a ***got that ruins stuff
ya know, as ignorant as it sounds, you guys are right.
it's lame as balls and gets in the friggin' way.

Miharu

Smash Hero
well they obviously don't give two ****s about whether melee finishes or not since they're willing to cut into that time to give brawl "extra" time to finish

sigh

all of this for nothing

MM's are going to be fun though

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Lets all not forgot the___cheese's 5 dollar MM with P.

Ness vs Shiek.

P said if he loses, he'll quit the game.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
I've tried, and as long as Ness DI's up and then spams nair, he cant get out of it.

But that may be me failing at chaingrabbing, which I know I dont.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
So I guess nobody read the part where I said that the extra money would go back into the pot or they would stop charging club fee once the venue cost was recouped. Good shit guys.

Also regarding the venue fee, what I have gleaned is that the venue costs about 1275, and some extra in case of damages etc. Once they recover that amount from the venue fee, they will stop charging the venue fee, or they will just dump it back into the pot. I am not in charge of money or that stuff though so I don't want to promise anything in that regard.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
So I guess nobody read the part where I said that the extra money would go back into the pot or they would stop charging club fee once the venue cost was recouped. Good shit guys.
Oh, sorry about that.

Wait, does that mean that if you pay later, you have a chance of dodging the club fee?

Miharu

Smash Hero
thanks for making me look like an idiot sir

no sarcasm intended

**** I STILL WANT POOLS THOUGH

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Oh, sorry about that.

Wait, does that mean that if you pay later, you have a chance of dodging the club fee?
I don't know myself, I'm not in charge of the money. I doubt they would stop charging the fee mid-signups. I am going to try to push for a smaller venue fee overall, or more likely, something where you just pay $5 each day regardless of how many events you sign up for, since ostensibly on each day the singups for both events will be at the same time, so we don't have to worry about keeping track of people who have(n't) paid the venue fee. No promises though.

Shroomed

Smash Master
with the numbers from earlier, that's a big *** pot if the money goes bak in lol

maybe i can win some money!!!!!!! (all i have to do is KILL, i mean bribe SS and mango and zhu and a couple others)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
excellent use of the word ostensibly

if anyone remembers, OC3 was 6k! this is like chump change compared to that
If anyone remembers, OC3 brought horrible memories on the bases of venue, cost, and payout.

Top Bottom