• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Coast Smash League

pockyD

Smash Legend
People will camp anyway, but pools has to be done under time constraints so having "more campers" is not as bad as not finishing the tournament.
That's not what I was saying; I think the way it will play out is, as the time limit approaches, the person who's ahead realizes that they might win by taking it to the timer, so they play more cautiously the last minute or two

...whereas with a traditional limit, at the same point in the match, there's still 3-4 minutes left instead of 1-2, so that thought doesn't enter their mind

Point is that I believe it wouldn't actually end up shortening the process at all; I believe that (in theory) it would lengthen it

used a ridiculous amount of qualifiers because P is easily confused

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
oh ic ic. dang i hope i can make it out of pools then

does the loser get to counter pick?

dang getting 1-1's is gonna suck

this is how the pool was at 0c3

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
ya its not really new, but i dunno if anyone has done it before for brawl, and i personally dont have much confidence in the TO, since he ignores what sheridan tells him.

also anyone asking to change the rules or attempt to have any impact shouldn't bother posting here since onski (the TO) doesnt even come here anymore, which is why we gave sheridan the thread.

Miztik

Smash Master
I hope alot of Pools have everyone tied with the same record

that'd be funny **** to see how they handle it lol

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Edited first page with rules from AiB.
I'm sorry I didn't try to get all this stuff together earlier guys. I figured 2 weeks would be enough time and that was also the first opportunity I had to discuss all the stuff with the main TO's after all the venue stuff got finalized. So, if you want you can blame me for some of this I suppose.

Even if the schedule is not up for change, I'm certain I can do SOMETHING about the ruleset. If we have to do best of 2 in pools (of course "best of 2" doesn't really make sense as a concept, but disregarding that...), I would propose just having each person get a turn at advanced slobs, "neutrals" only, with one ban each.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
If the stocks are equal between "bo2" and bo3, then it depends on how many bo3 sets go to the third game. When I was doing pools at the last SFSU, I would estimate something like 25%-35% of the sets. Let's say 1 out of 3. This means that for every 6 games you play in bo2, you play 7 in bo3, which means that bo2 takes about 86% as long. So if one pool takes say 1:15 to run in bo3, and we need 3 waves of pools done, it saves about 30-35 min, or realistically about 5-8% of the time we have scheduled to run Brawl singles depending on your definition. I am fairly certain that we will have to finish up Brawl singles on the second day during the last part of Melee singles. I don't expect this to actually affect whether the tourney finishes or not, but it may mean about 1-2 hours fewer friendly time on 4-6 TV's.

If someone wants to check my math, be my guest. Given that I haven't made mistakes or bad assumtions though, I think I'm going to push for bo3 pools.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i don't have time to check your figures, but it feels to me that an extra 30 minutes to have legitimate bo3 pools instead of this mysterious "bo2" (especially given that it's 2stock) is time well spent

and of course i'm personally all for sets counting before games, which is not do-able via "bo2"

Lovage

Smash Hero
i had a dream where choknater was shiek playing an IC
except the IC was a popo+red link so choknater was getting *****

choknater had short black hair and glasses asian dood

Lovage

Smash Hero
[14:47] theheroloto: if you don't cheer for me
[14:47] theheroloto: vs shroomed when it's recorded
[14:47] theheroloto: i'ma be disappointed

poor p

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Okay, so I went through this thread and the NCB one and compiled all the mms I've agreed to with NorCal. I'm gonna bring a more fleshed out one to the tourny, but here's a quick rundown:

Irow: $1
Tommy Der Meister: $5 x2
Shroomed: $50 and $25
KosukeKGA: $5
Sethlon: $15
HouseOfGaara: $2, $10 4-stock challenge
Darkatma: $2
Mihard: $5 x2
PockyD: $5
Eggz: $5
SuperRad (Brian): $2
Pink Shinobi: $5
Choknator: $5 x2
Ian: $1
Ky / Havokbringer: $5 x2
Park: $35
Rosedemon: $5
Tai: $2

Shroomed: you've yet to give me a firm dollar amount so I just put half of what we originally agreed to. If you can't go that high, then give me revised numbers.

Park said $35 a while ago but I'm pretty sure he's a flaky dude who was just talking mess. But mm me w/e amount you want, I dun care.

Right now I have $99 total in money I am putting up, not including Park or Shroomed's $, which has yet to be finalized. I am bringing more than $150 to be used for money matches, so I am open to more. If anyone wants to take me up on them, holla. I would prefer:

My Sheik / Marth (dun care which one), $5, best 2/3. Neutrals only, one random, one ban.

So just lemme know if you want to be added to the list. I'd also appreciate any features or w/e you can use to let me know who you are. I will be a black dude with a medium afro and a scar on my left cheek.

Top Bottom