• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Coast Smash League

MaNg0

Smash Hero
in melee?

let me tell u waht happens

to people who think they like matchups

then i do that matcup and win

real quick update

my falcon beating zhu lol

my shiek beating p in dittos

my falcon beating azn lep

and my falco beating hugs

o and beating ss the space animal counter

with spacies

SUP *****

metaknight is a *** lol

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
except we knew super champ combo was going to ****. this tournament is asking us to trust it when it's done nothing to earn it
This tourney has me and Neal now. We are probably going to have a projector with brackets on it. At count on Saturday was have 25 TV's, and we will certainly get more by the time the tourney rolls around. The goal is to have enough TV's to run all of the first round of Brawl doubles at once; at 4 entrants to a TV, a full 64-team bracket (reasonable expectation) is 32 TV's, which I'm fairly certain we'll get.

We have strats to get this done, we got this, trust. I'm not the kind of person that says things like this lightly.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
it'd probably be a good idea to let it be known what exactly you're doing to organize it to alleviate the fears of myself and others (i'd say at this point -- and maybe at every point of the life of this thread -- the majority are pretty skeptical) in the OP, esp with OOS devoting time and money to this

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hyuga/neal is unstoppable. they should team and they'd win because all they're opponents would be bye or dq'd

Charoo

Smash Champion
nah wasn't super champ combo like $35 for both events + venue?
$20 for singles
$25 for teams

BUT!!! ALL THE MONEY WENT INTO THE POT. Nothing was taken out from it. You also get raffle tickets to win FREE prizes. Isai's Mr. Happy was too good

We didn't keep anything except the profit we made from the food stand which was like 100 dollars.

I can't believe we were selling powerrade for 35 cents a bottle =_=

and it was a freaking MLG PRESENTS: CHAMP COMBO SON!!!

edit: that's one of the reason I ask Neal to come with us. It was the only way to make this tourney doesn't fail

Shroomed

Smash Master
better download some more michael jackson music then

my music didnt work on paul, he still wrecked me meh

maybe i should try listening to NE-YO

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
it'd probably be a good idea to let it be known what exactly you're doing to organize it to alleviate the fears of myself and others (i'd say at this point -- and maybe at every point of the life of this thread -- the majority are pretty skeptical) in the OP, esp with OOS devoting time and money to this
I made a fairly detailed post not a few pages back, what's missing from it?

Naota21t

Smash Champion
better download some more michael jackson music then

my music didnt work on paul, he still wrecked me meh

maybe i should try listening to NE-YO
Wu-Tang/Method-Man ***** for playing melee.

and E40's In A Major Way album ***** for playing in norcal friendlies.

Charoo

Smash Champion
my prediction for this tournament is that it will end up at denny's.

Seriously, denny's is like the backbone to smash's soul. They can't be broken apart

quote from Jmex's song Addict's Anthem

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
I made a fairly detailed post not a few pages back, what's missing from it?
if melee is getting backburner treatment, why is the price going up now? seems like it's designed just to capitalize off the enthusiasm of the melee community, which i'm not down with in principle. oh yeah, and most major tournies have pools, which is why they get charge dmore. explain why we're getting charged more, because as is it sounds gay. since all the tvs will always be in use at what point in the tournament will there be enough free tvs to handle mms? sounds like not at any point.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I'm not in charge of the money thing, I'm just making sure the thing runs properly, so I can't answer that. TV's will be available for non-tourney use when events get far enough in the bracket that we can't use every TV. If we get 40+ TV's, I am pretty sure we will be able to set aside some as permanent friendly stations.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
what's the likelihood of that

when you make reference to the tvs you guys have already, is that personal tvs or both personal tvs and confirmed setups by norcal attendees?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
no one uses "hip and happening" anymore, get with the times.

at least its called a club fee instead of a venue fee
that made me **** in my pants

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
why is no one mming lovage

it's crazy because i try to mm lovage all the time and he never mms

y'all should hop on this rare opportunity

+ he's fun to play against

Top Bottom