• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Coast Smash League

The___cheese

Smash Lord
I played my first online match for Worms for the DS, boy did the guy I played suck lol.

He tried to do cool things, but always made it end up dumb lol.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Ok so, I played melee at pat's house 2 days ago and came dangerously close to my old self within 2 hours. So I came to a conclusion...

I've decided that it's too hard and frustrating to keep up with the randomness of the Brawl community without sufficient practice and experience.

Skill isn't nearly as praiseworthy as consistency is in Brawl. I honestly feel i can reach the same level of consistency that DSF exerts, but not without going to at least 4 tournaments a month

Since my job doesn't allow me to do that, I am hereby quitting competitive Brawl until I get a new job. Which means that I'll be playing melee exclusively until I find a new job or until after this tournament happens. So I'll be at this event, in full force.

That is all.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
ok So, I Played Melee At Pat's House 2 Days Ago And Came Dangerously Close To My Old Self Within 2 Hours. So I Came To A Conclusion...

I've Decided That It's Too Hard And Frustrating To Keep Up With The Randomness Of The Brawl Community Without Sufficient Practice And Experience.

Skill Isn't Nearly As Praiseworthy As Consistency Is In Brawl. I Honestly Feel I Can Reach The Same Level Of Consistency That Dsf Exerts, But Not Without Going To At Least 4 Tournaments A Month

Since My Job Doesn't Allow Me To Do That, I Am Hereby Quitting Competitive Brawl Until I Get A New Job. Which Means That I'll Be Playing Melee Exclusively Until I Find A New Job Or Until After This Tournament Happens. So I'll Be At This Event, In Full Force.

That Is All.
Chea Boy
Sup

Jalenp69

Smash Rookie
i really wanna take part in this. i have never been to a tournament, i've never even had a fight outside of Cpu's. i live in San Diego, near the beach. where does this take place at?

Boolossus

Smash Ace
This game really is more about consistency. Yesterday at a tournament, I was ****** during the first part of the day, but then later on in the night I started to get *****... by the same people. I really think that because brawl tournaments last so long, that mental fatigue and sleepiness play a huge part in performance. After yesterday, the idea of quitting brawl flashed through my mind. But I wouldn't be going back to melee, I'd probably just leave the smash scene altogether for a while.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
This game really is more about consistency. Yesterday at a tournament, I was ****** during the first part of the day, but then later on in the night I started to get *****... by the same people. I really think that because brawl tournaments last so long, that mental fatigue and sleepiness play a huge part in performance. After yesterday, the idea of quitting brawl flashed through my mind. But I wouldn't be going back to melee, I'd probably just leave the smash scene altogether for a while.
you just need to build endurance, i've never seen you at a smashfest so that's probably why. get used to putting yourself into intense situations if you're serious about smash

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
no johns, you're making being consistent seem harder than it actually is.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I beg to differ. Try entering a tournament with Metaknight and use only tornado. Metaknight IS ridiculously broken but his tornado alone won't help you against good/ranked players

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I know he is cool but I think what he is currently saying is somewhat wrong. He and I are friends btw.

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
Ok so, I played melee at pat's house 2 days ago and came dangerously close to my old self within 2 hours. So I came to a conclusion...

I've decided that it's too hard and frustrating to keep up with the randomness of the Brawl community without sufficient practice and experience.

Skill isn't nearly as praiseworthy as consistency is in Brawl. I honestly feel i can reach the same level of consistency that DSF exerts, but not without going to at least 4 tournaments a month

Since my job doesn't allow me to do that, I am hereby quitting competitive Brawl until I get a new job. Which means that I'll be playing melee exclusively until I find a new job or until after this tournament happens. So I'll be at this event, in full force.

That is all.
Hugo decided he wanted to **** you all. Once again.

Top Bottom