• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Coast Smash League

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I've been like the 10th best in Norcal for about 4 straight years. It doesn't matter who comes or goes, I'm 10th best. I'm like the New Orleans Saints of Norcal.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
random draft crews would ****

EDIT: i think ima edit my giant post so i 1. dont explode the page and 2. break some ToS rules

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I think being the Arizona Cardinals would be even worse. Except I could always laugh at Dallas for that one playoff win.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
actually honestly i don't think the raiders are THAT bad this year.

Russell is doing okay, and McFadden is shaping up pretty well imo.

Hive

Smash Lord
Hey I wanna come to this tourney too ^^
Oh, and sorry for interrupting the conversation for a cheesy attendence post naota :(

Miztik

Smash Master
Eagles suck

Cowboys ****

Raiders have a Bright Future

49ers/cardinals benifit from a poor divison

Packers suck there first 2 games were a fluke

Dolphins ***** the Patriots

Patriots got ***** by the dolphins

oh Redskins/Giants suck

did i mention THE PATRIOTS GOT ***** BY THE DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!!!!

Shroomed

Smash Master
Cowboys are horrible, eagles **** the entire NFL, Steelers used to b hella good

i have perfect techskill in football

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I have perfect tech skill in football too. As long as we're talking about the original Tecmo Bowl for the NES (not TSB).

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT TECMO BOWL FOR NES

so it was an epic battle

lovage 805

the great leon

we had played several games so far. blistered thumbs. the overly condensed plastic glistening with my torn flesh. why did this match matter so much? why does anything matter when you think about it? arent we all but specs upon humanity.
they had all gone either way

a lucky 100 yard run on the kickoff. both selecting the same play which results in an overall 25% chance of EXTREME **** too many times in a row. one play could determine the outcome of a lifetime.

leon gets the ball. probably from a wild interception. THINGS JUST HAPPEN ALRIGHT?

the play...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
down. a run. it should be easy to sneak that ball STRAIGHT UP HIS *******

the play is called. the gun is shot. time stands still as i feel a bead of sweat run off my chin and become suspended in air.

i dont make 10 yards.
the second............................................................................................................................................................................................................
down. why the **** would he call the same play twice?

he was never the same after the war. they thought he wasnt right in the head see?
the play is called. he could only imagine the shock and disbelief running through his opponents mind. BUT HE WAS QUICK TO IMPROVISE. {spoiler}i dont make 10 yards {SLASHspoiler}

in a flash of brilliance, the devious old trickster, he calls it again
down
stubborn? or genious? like an angered coach berating his pupils. AGAIN! AGAIN! UNTIL YOU GET IT RIGHT.

i dont make 10 yards.

4th down. i am so far back into my own territory that i cant even see his goal line. the multi colored crowd cheers me on. the fat whitey with the black hair and the purple shirt. the white guy with the brown hair and green shirt. and your millions of twin brothers. this ones for you.

now he already knew my tricks. if id gone thrice the same the same way, why would i dare to call a different play?
but thats exactly what i did. you see son, back in my day we used to call them MindGames. where you try to trick your oppon-LOOK AT ME WHEN IM TALKING TO YOU

i call right.

he calls right.
EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

from that day on he could never love again

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I will bring my NES, Tecmo Bowl, and 2 working controllers if you promise to play me at whatever tourney we both happen to be at. Dead serious. I played that game religiously for a long while and I know most of the broken techniques (Lawrence Taylor) :3
Also, all down plays are passes. All UP plays are runs.
Sometimes I turn on the game and just pick run with Bo Jackson for 10 minutes because of how much he *****.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
i am 100% down for tecmo bowl. come to socal sometime or ill prolly end up going to sf eventually. im pretty casual at the game tho lol

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
yes, leon, that was the most epic **** ever in the history of techmo bowl.

i predicted you would run down three times in a row
and then a right

im amazing

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Well it's a pretty simple game so there isn't THAT much in the way of neat trick but:
You might already know but LT can block every field goal and even extra point attept if you do it right, so that's kind of broken.
There are like 3 or 4 certain pass routes that are nearly impossible to intercept, even if you get the 25% ****. The easiest one to see is Mark Duper's route on the down play for Miami, you can just snap and press B as soon as he cuts and you catch it about 99% of the time, even with the ****, so it's like guaranteed 3-4 yard. It's kind of ******** cause you can just do that all the way down the field.
There are a few passwords you can enter that make some weird stuff happen, like playing against an invisible opponent.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Cowboys are horrible, eagles **** the entire NFL, Steelers used to b hella good
you're such an idiot

who else in norcal is excited that we are "treated" to watching the raiders lose by 35 this week while almost the entire rest of the country (except a small bubble around st. louis) gets to enjoy an intense rivalry game in the best division in the nfl?

blackout rules + two awful awful awful local teams = a failed nfl environment

Top Bottom