• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Were there ANY Zelda bosses in Brawl?

Jonas

Smash Champion
I think OP means that instead of putting in random bosses that didn't make any sense (like Duon wtf) they should have put in bosses from actual Nintendo games, like Zelda for instance.

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
I think Armogohma would've been a good choice
but that's just me... xP

ToonNess64

Smash Rookie
lol its kinda funny XD there where no Zelda bosses and you didn't even get to fight Ganondorf XD lol :p guess they got something against the Zelda bosses :p

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
No zelda bosses, no good zelda stages, triforce tier... Think about it

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm not really hooked on whether or not the're should've been Zelda Bosses in Brawl, but coincidentally, I'm persuaded to think as to why more of said series was not involved.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
OMG I just realized there isn't any! :O
And Zelda is one of Nintendo's biggest franchises...
Also has anyone noticed all the Zelda people are at the bottom of the tier list??? lol

FLSHK

Smash Cadet
What didn't make sense to me was that Raquaza was in a jungle and not in the Ozone layer. Sakurai also isn't a fan of Pokemon GSC (which means he sucks), as seen with the lack of music from those games (okay, there were bits and pieces in Battle Theme [Melee], but come on! That shows no dedication to Pokemon) and the lack of stages, besides Spear Pillar, based on specific locations from Pokemon games. Clearly, Sakurai shouldn't have held such a high position in the development of this game. And yeah, I realize that this is a thread about the Zelda series being represented poorly, but I wanted to point out that Pokemon was represented poorly, as well (although in different areas than Zelda). Well, that's my mini-rant.

X-FACTOR

Smash Journeyman
Nah, It's true.....

Sakurai is a hater, and very jealous of the popularity that other series and charterers have. A Very stubborn man, that just wanted to put his series on the spot. Although I don't know why because the Kirby series is considered to be one of Nintendo better titles. Maybe not so much as Mario or Zelda, but people will usually know about the Kirby series, so I don't know why he feels that his series is inadequate to the rest of Nintendo's franchise. Unless he secretly hates Miyamoto, or the success of his titles and characters.

I'll put money on it that many people are way more in favor of enjoying and playing the Zelda series as oppose to the Kirby series. When you think Nintendo, almost automatically people will usually respond with Mario and/or Link.

Try it yourself, ask anyone "What characters do you think of when you think of Nintendo?"

Miyamoto not only saved the game industry single handedly, but he has created some of the most iconic and memorable charters in the history of video games.

To be honest I really don't know why Sakurai has neglected so much of the other series. He himself has a great title under his name, so I don't know why he would have any sort of animosity towards other great games or designers of the Nintendo franchise. Apparently though, it definitely shows when looking at the Zelda characters in smash to just name the most obvious one.

We may never know why he truly has created things the way he has. Whether it was a secret agenda inside his head, or the fact Nintendo pressured him into rushing this product out with the "flaws" it still had. Ones things for sure, Zelda is just a more popular game than Kirby will ever be as well as Mario and most of Miyamoto creations. The fan base and demand for Zelda is so strong and deeply rooted, that it truly is unrivaled.

Do I hate Sakurai for how he planned this out?.... No. Do I hate Kirby and his series?.... not really. In all do respect, unfortunately, it is what it is. Take it with a grain of salt as this is just my little rant and opinions on the matter.

FLSHK

Smash Cadet
Nah, It's true.....

Sakurai is a hater, and very jealous of the popularity that other series and charterers have. A Very stubborn man, that just wanted to put his series on the spot. Although I don't know why because the Kirby series is considered to be one of Nintendo better titles. Maybe not so much as Mario or Zelda, but people will usually know about the Kirby series, so I don't know why he feels that his series is inadequate to the rest of Nintendo's franchise. Unless he secretly hates Miyamoto, or the success of his titles and characters.

I'll put money on it that many people are way more in favor of enjoying and playing the Zelda series as oppose to the Kirby series. When you think Nintendo, almost automatically people will usually respond with Mario and/or Link.

Try it yourself, ask anyone "What characters do you think of when you think of Nintendo?"

Miyamoto not only saved the game industry single handedly, but he has created some of the most iconic and memorable charters in the history of video games.

To be honest I really don't know why Sakurai has neglected so much of the other series. He himself has a great title under his name, so I don't know why he would have any sort of animosity towards other great games or designers of the Nintendo franchise. Apparently though, it definitely shows when looking at the Zelda characters in smash to just name the most obvious one.

We may never know why he truly has created things the way he has. Whether it was a secret agenda inside his head, or the fact Nintendo pressured him into rushing this product out with the "flaws" it still had. Ones things for sure, Zelda is just a more popular game than Kirby will ever be as well as Mario and most of Miyamoto creations. The fan base and demand for Zelda is so strong and deeply rooted, that it truly is unrivaled.

Do I hate Sakurai for how he planned this out?.... No. Do I hate Kirby and his series?.... not really. In all do respect, unfortunately, it is what it is. Take it with a grain of salt as this is just my little rant and opinions on the matter.
I have to agree with you. All the Kirby characters are awesome in Brawl (too awesome, in MK's case). Keep in mind, though, that Miyamoto had a hand in Pokémon's creation, too (he's the one who came up with the two version release thingy; however, he had a bigger part than just that, though [he was Satoshi Tajiri's mentor]). It just goes to show you. Sakurai hates Pokémon, too. He absolutely shouldn't have been the one in charge of the development of Brawl, as shown by these flaws in the game (maybe he wasn't in charge of that, but he still had a big part in Brawl's development). If anything, whoever developed SSBM and Smash 64 (I think it was Hal Laboratory, but I don't know which individual person was in charge) should have been the ones to develop Brawl.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If you want a Zelda- boss battle, pick Ganondorf against pretty much any character. This is a guranteed challenge, so make sure to bring in enough extra lifes.

Top Bottom