• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We're on Xenforo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I noticed that as far as probably a couple weeks ago, figured I was doing something wrong

John2k4

The End of an Era
To view edit history for a post, click on the "Last edited by...." part underneath the post.

I'll look into the registration thing.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You can only see edits of your own posts.
Strange, it also seems to be happening with my own posts... nothing happens when I click and not even the cursor changes to that when I over.

It simply reads the "Last edited by..." as normal text and not as a link or option.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I've noticed that the search feature doesn't seem to find posts made before the software change.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I've noticed that the search feature doesn't seem to find posts made before the software change.
Also, the little icon with our avatar which tells us the number of posts made by us in a thread does not count posts made before the software change.

NNID
dansalvato
Occasionally, when replaying to messages or profile comments, the "Post Reply" button greys for about five seconds and then lights up again, but the message is not posted; it stays in the text box. This doesn't happen if I use "More Options" to go to a different page. I'm using Chrome.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Is there any way to see all the threads you've subscribed to? The "Watched Threads" page is really just a list of unread threads.

Occasionally, when replaying to messages or profile comments, the "Post Reply" button greys for about five seconds and then lights up again, but the message is not posted; it stays in the text box. This doesn't happen if I use "More Options" to go to a different page. I'm using Chrome.
This happens to me as well on both Chrome and Firefox. I've found this error also coincides with the alerts/inbox menus not dropping down and the inability to edit posts, at least for me.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Yes they're coming back (I thought most were already back). I'll check on them later today.
Still a bunch of Melee characters missing. If you could just get it so that Fox, Doc, Peach and Jiggs were fixed then that would fix the majority of the tournament results threads/ what people care about for Melee emoticons anyways.

Thanks for looking into it!

A couple other questions I have:

Next to the thread you want to view there is a replies button with the number of replies as well as the amount of people that have viewed the thread. Are we going to be able to eventually click the replies button and see who has posted how many times as well as be able to look at all the comments they've made in the thread?

My other question is are we going to be able to look at all of our prior postings? Right now I can only view 300 of my posts and I've made 3000 posts. Are the current amount of posts you can view in chronological order?

ndayday

BRoomer
K so like can I get an explanation as to why my top postbit was taken away. It just says 'no' which if you weren't sure isn't very helpful.
from what I understand (THIS MAY NOT BE RIGHT) it's not built into Xenforo and it would need to be coded.

rip in peace top postbit

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Is it possible to implement a ladder system on this site like the one on Allisbrawl, for brawl and ssb64 online?

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Will the tournament listings thread ever be sortable by 64/Melee/Brawl/PM again?

D

Deleted member

Can't seem to collapse things for some reason.

I notice that even when I only place in one collapse tap, multiple spoilers still come up. I'm not sure how I can get around this.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think there's something wrong with the signatures' limits...

Check this image out. I add a line below my images and it gives me an error that I have too much lines on the signature. Odd.

Signature_Error.png

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
In the code for the images themselves, you take up too many lines when combined with the code for the links.
So that's why... I will have to make one image out of my support icons then.

Thanks for clarifying.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
This may be a bit petty, and you guys may be fully aware of this issue, but some of the Smash64 sprites aren't showing up.

ndayday

BRoomer
I'm pretty sure things before the site change aren't searchable. in that way, yes, it's ****ed up.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I noticed that in visitor messages and friend lists, the users' avatars are cropped and blurry.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Remember when I said that, sometimes, pop up windows wouldn't appear in the forum index? It's not so random as it seems...

For some reason, when accessing the forum index by clicking the SmashBoards logo or when clicking the "Home" option in the navigation bars, the pop ups in the index page will be glitched and won't show up.
However, if you access SmashBoards via typing the URL or clicking "Forums" on the navigation bar, it will behave correctly.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Opening the website in Opera Mini on my mobile now shows only the highlighted part of the page. The darkened parts don't appear. Odd.

Attachments

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Opening the website in Opera Mini on my mobile now shows only the highlighted part of the page. The darkened parts don't appear. Odd.
Not even if you zoom in or zoom out?

I usually have no problems with browsing SmashBoards on my Android... :ohwell:

EDIT: Just tried going to SWF on my phone and it's happening to me too. Only part of the website is shown, with the rest being shown in black.

EDIT 2: I think it's a new mobile layout. I admit it's gotten less laggy to load on my phone...
There's a yellow navigation tab that doesn't show on a PC.

Komotonoto

Smash Journeyman
Hello, I have a suggestion to the site. Can you guys make a stream broadcast for ssb64 the way you guys have it for melee (or maybe you guys took it off)? My friends stream ssb 64 but we have to post it in a forum. It would be nice if everyone on smash boards could see it. Let me know if it's possible, thanks.

John2k4

The End of an Era
To confirm - yes, we implemented a new mobile plugin for the website. You can experiment by shrinking your browser window down to small dimensions (the size of a phone screen).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I see. I also hadn't noticed that the sidebar button allows you to view the other side of the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom