• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We're on Xenforo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
This is pretty neat

Posted via my Smartphone (tm) all rights reserved

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
so...
when are we getting the inverted post order back??
Code:
I really hate having to scroll

and scroll

and scroll

before finally getting to see the new post...
Code:
I think it's much better with the newest post here.

and then the older posts following here

and here

and here
so it may not be much of a problem for you guys cause you guys actually get to grab a scrollbar and just drag it to the bottom...
I have to hold a button for 5 or 10 minutes...
and in the meantime typing down code on my compy :p
(yes, it takes that long)

RKM

Smash Cadet
To confirm - yes, we implemented a new mobile plugin for the website. You can experiment by shrinking your browser window down to small dimensions (the size of a phone screen).

Is there any way to disable this?

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
here's a nice idea that would prbly benefit a few users I've seen using them. :D

you guys think you could implament a progress bar tag?? :)
(no more horrendous calculations using text for display)

and I'm not thinking of the poll progress bar either...
I'm thinking of something more like the convo inbox progress bar with customizable coloration, and an added feature of a BG bar.
(like the progress bars I'm using for UMC's development)
^ if development falls back, a gray bar keeps track of the previous progress position while an overlay displays the current progress position.

or would that be too complex to add??

John2k4

The End of an Era
I'm not sure what you mean by that..what exactly would the progress bar track? The fullness of your conversation inbox?

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
nono...
sry I didn't explain well...
(I need to stop thinking unobvious reasons are so obvious) >_<

no, you type in the percentage, and set the color...
something like:
[progressbar=30% color=#FFFFFF/]
or
[progressbar=30,#FFFFFF/]

I'm not sure how Xenforo's BBC parser works :p

if the progress bar was previously set to say 70, and then changed to 40,
the area between 40-70% will be gray.

or you could make that static in the tag for users to input a 2nd percentage >_>
(if 0%, the 2nd bar is disabled) :p

ndayday

BRoomer
You're saying to add to posts, like how you can make things bold and stuff?

Why don't you just use an image? I guarantee that will be easier than waiting for it to never happen.
I've seen people do things like this, too:

Code:
[||||||||||] 100%

[|||||     ] 50%

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
You're saying to add to posts, like how you can make things bold and stuff?

Why don't you just use an image? I guarantee that will be easier than waiting for it to never happen.
I've seen people do things like this, too:

Code:
[||||||||||] 100%

[|||||     ] 50%
yea, pretty much...

I'm currently using text progress bars, and they're quite the hastle than they're needed to be :p

images would be nice,
but the wii isn't exactly a user friendly interface for that stuff,
and gave92's browser isn't quite able to work with that yet,
and will still be quite a while before it's able to work with them like a normal browser.

I've read BBC add-ons are easy,
so I don't think it'll "never happen"...

I have good reasons for making good/simple suggestions like a BBC progress bar. :p

but like I say, it's just a suggested idea, and I only hope it gets implamented. ;)

ndayday

BRoomer
I wasn't trying to trash your idea, apologies if that's how it came across.
I suppose doing anything internet on a Wii would be difficult...

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
I wasn't trying to trash your idea, apologies if that's how it came across.
I suppose doing anything internet on a Wii would be difficult...
lol,
I guess it's my fault then for thinking of it the wrong way... :p

I'm just leaving kc-mm forums because they're stuck in their own little world and the mods there have quite an attitude... heh
they like to go negative on my good ideas for their forum, and their trying to say it's my fault their forum doesn't work well with the wii...

so yea, my first thoughts after dealing with so much crap, I don't think I need to explain. XDD

I'm actually forced to use my wii as bot of our comys (mine and my brothers) can't get a network connection.

mine has no tcpip interface, and my brother's driver is messed up.
(disk was lost when we were homeless)

and to top everything off,
for some reason, Opera doesn't get http on this phone's hotspot...
so I'm on here through CockyProxy.
(couldn't login through VTunnel, and CP's much faster)

John2k4

The End of an Era
I don't know how easy BBcode-parsing plugins are one way or the other, but I'll investigate the possibly in a bit.

ndayday

BRoomer
Is the Nintenzone where you post anything pertaining to Nintendo? Sounds like a stupid question but it only has one thread and if it is for NIntendo stuff then all Nintendo topics should probably be moved there instead of being in the Light House with everything else, yes?

Handorin

Smash Hero
The mobile is pretty irritating for me. It takes up less than half my screen, so I have to zoom in every time I load a page. The avatars also aren't shown properly. I feel like there are a couple more small things, but I can't remember. If its helpful, I have an iPhone 4S

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Quick question: are you planning on adding the old spoiler tags that blacked out text unless highlighted?

John2k4

The End of an Era
Quick question: are you planning on adding the old spoiler tags that blacked out text unless highlighted?
Soon, yes.
Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but is there a way to turn off the mobile version of swf? I don't have anything against it, I just never really like mobile versions of anything. :<
I'll check. Currently I do not know.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
I don't know how easy BBcode-parsing plugins are one way or the other, but I'll investigate the possibly in a bit.
like I said, I only read about it. :p
and it wasn't too long ago either, but I was looking for something pertaining to BBC anchors when I skimmed across it...

I have the ability to add plugins to my forum, but never actually got into it,
so I don't really have the ability to say wheather it is or isn't...

in any case, thanx :)

John2k4

The End of an Era
Sure I know what you mean, but if you want something fixed then it would help to say what exactly is causing problems. :/

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I only want the box which shows the most recent post and poster, and I'll be fine with the new mobile layout.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
It's really not that bad, its just ridiculously compressed and I don't like it being so compressed. If you can fix the boards so it expands when I expand the zoom instead of having it stuck to the side it will function better.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Nothing is causing the problem for me. It's like Rolex said, it's compressed down to about a quarter of my screen.

John2k4

The End of an Era
We got mobile mode, but need to still iron out a few things with it.

Mainly the semesters are ending for college, which is affecting Bionic and I (because finals).

RKM

Smash Cadet
Just a suggestion about mobile version:
Instead of making it default to mobile mode on smaller screens, the mobile format should be available as a style.
Another forum I go on implements it like this.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I'll try to get back to everything after this week, it's been really big projects in all my classes all semester followed by final stuff the past few weeks and finals this week, and have to move this weekend.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
How's the situation on the social groups? Just curious...

Also, I remember that in the old SWF there was this feature named "Live Posting" that automatically refreshed the page whenever someone posted on a thread or edited a post in the past 5 minutes. Is it going to return or is it impossible to implement in the new software?

enCouRaging Bear

Smash Journeyman
Is the melee videos forum gonna get organized anytime soon? there was a thread about it made a while back and we had some site developers respond but so far nothing's changed. are you guys waiting for a huge update?

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
I think it's more likely they're adding alot of these features in a place the public can't see, but right now are pushed for time because of their classes :p
(thus slowing down development of the features)

don't quote me on that though...
IDK what they got going on behind those curtains. :3

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Is there a possibility of making an easier way to Star a Conversation? So many people are bad mouthing the new lay out but I really think they just don't know where stuff was moved too. It definitely looks and functions better, just the adjusting and the fact people are unwilling to put effort into asking how to do something.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
Is it just me having a weird feeling or has the traffic on smashboards decreased dramatically?
a good 65% is just waiting for better updates...

EDIT:
lol, I think the people who are still active are the peole who REALLY care about the forum. :3

others have left or tourney reasons... <.<

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
The majority have left because they dont like it, Im still here because no one else in my region uses any other god damn thing I can contact them with.

Anyways, can we at least get some type of update on Social Groups? I dont care if the update is literally: 'We arent working on it at all and have no idea where to even get started', I just want to at least hear SOMETHING about it, cuz right now everyone just keeps ignoring any topic relating Social Groups. There are quite a handful people who came here literally only for Social Groups (at least 20+ I know of off the top of my head, including myself), and those people, due to them being the minority, are being completely alienated and feel quite honestly cheated due to everyone else experience's being worked on and 'improved' while we basically get brushed to the side and blatantly ignored.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Using smash mobile is so painful now. I am on android nexus 4 with dolphin browser. Everything is collapsed to the left side and avatars don't show properly in the mobile version... Before I used to just get the desktop version on mobile but now this is really annoying to use.

John2k4

The End of an Era
We're trying to get mobile mode as a selectable, separate skin in the menu. I've got something else in the works that will likely surface soon, but I'll keep the mobile thing upwards on the priority list.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
On my tablet, I can't even get mobile mode. And it's crucial because everybody's freaking sig has like 1000 pics and I tether on a phone with a bandwidth cap. How does it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom