• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We're on Xenforo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
@John2k4:
that dolphin browser you got there...

how good is it's security??
I'm just looking for something better than IE8 with security that's just as good if not better...
(IE9's security is just as good as FF, even with settings maxed out)
^ ads and popups still get through...

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
The home's just there for the upcoming front page. Remember that, lol.

Also, any chances of linking our smashboards account with twitter? I think it feels better when people post statuses.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Someone posted earlier about not getting alerts when peeps respond to threads you've posted in. I have that issue too even though I have both settings on in user prefs and alert prefs- I only get alerts for threads I posted in AFTER the transition; is that known? Also the alert drop down box often doesn't show anything for me, even when it tells me I have x alerts. Doesn't even show the "no new alerts" message. Also watched threads only seems to be able to go back 40 or so threads :/

John2k4

The End of an Era
Everything in this screenshot is subject to change and not final in any way, but a peek of it. It's still a lot like Neo Blue, but I'll be redoing the colors and images.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Can we please get Social Groups back now? Please? Like seriously, this is starting to get ****ing ridiculous.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Go to facebook for social groups
doesn't matter to whom you talk about nothing so long as you are talking about nothing right?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
You obviously werent part of any social groups if youre going to be that ignorant.

And there are a ton of people that came to this site solely for social groups (I could easily name at least 30 other people off the top of my head), not only me. Plus, a bunch of friends and I had over 30k posts all archived/posted in social groups that straight up are inaccessible now due to this that we'd like back.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Leave it to Z'zgashi to start flaming just because I try to offer a legitimate temporary solution. I mean geez, you didn't even bother to respond to my post- why wouldn't that work? Talking about nothing important works anywhere as well as here.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Giving a temporary solution is great and all, but being a prick while doing so is completely unnecessary.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Leave it to Z'zgashi to start flaming just because I try to offer a legitimate temporary solution. I mean geez, you didn't even bother to respond to my post- why wouldn't that work? Talking about nothing important works anywhere as well as here.
A steam group is better than the monstrosity called Facebook. I mean it.
And having social groups on this site is not like some group where it's for everybody, the furry group was nice, the mlp group was fun, and the housepets group, which I created, is the best, most unmotivational group I've managed to hold. I can agree that it's still needed, but I also agree that it can wait.

Speaking of wait, when's there gonna be a mobile version again? Browsing the site on my 3ds is pretty painful.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
A steam group is better than the monstrosity called Facebook. I mean it.
And having social groups on this site is not like some group where it's for everybody, the furry group was nice, the mlp group was fun, and the housepets group, which I created, is the best, most unmotivational group I've managed to hold. I can agree that it's still needed, but I also agree that it can wait.

Speaking of wait, when's there gonna be a mobile version again? Browsing the site on my 3ds is pretty painful.
Just because they weren't used extensively doesn't make them unimportant. I think they can wait, but expecting people to just forget about them and move to another place is stupid. It's evident that people want to stay on Smashboards and do these things and not resort to Facebook, Steam, or some other thing.

How should I report it? Reporting someone else's post doesn't seem right when they did nothing wrong.
It was more a suggestion to staff.
And actually I don't think they'll seriously listen unless you go to Forum Support. I'm considering that

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
I hope a comment is accepted rather than a complaint. I love the new look! My friend, who didn't even know it was a SmashBros forum looked at it and said," Smashboards. That's a cool name for a forum site, and the logo looks tight." I love it.

However, I do have just one complaint: On the old smashboards there were links and pictures to the right of the screen with links to the tier lists and MU charts. What happened to that? It was very simple and user friendly :p

blacktwins13

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blacktwins13
PLZ give us a Decent Size for our Signatures PLZ... (apart from clicking the pic)
my picture is wide and small as **** and it only covers about half of it <.<

John2k4

The End of an Era
the old smashboards there were links and pictures to the right of the screen with links to the tier lists and MU charts. What happened to that? It was very simple and user friendly :p
That was specific to the Vibrant skin, but I will bring up the idea and see if it can be put back in one form or another.

Junahu

Smash Ace
My friend, who didn't even know it was a SmashBros forum looked at it and said," Smashboards. That's a cool name for a forum site, and the logo looks tight." I love it.
Isn't that a problem though, if someone who never saw the forum before looks at it and doesn't realise what it's for?

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
Isn't that a problem though, if someone who never saw the forum before looks at it and doesn't realise what it's for?
I'm sorry. I just reread that, and that was not what he said. I worded that poorly, let me try again.

"Smashboards. That's a cool name for a forum site, even if I didn't know it was a Smash Bros site it would still be pretty cool. That logo looks tight though." He knew it was a SmashBros site, he was just stating the even if he didn't he didn't know what it was he'd still be interested. #whichisagoodthing :)

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Somewhere on the top, among Home/Forums/Blogs/Events/Media/Members/Help, should be a link to the IRC chat.

That place was fun, I don't get why we can't have the two side by side. Pretty much every notable Pokemon website has an active IRC and message board, I don't know why Smash can't be the same.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
how's progress on being able to edit polls??

I've noticed for a while now the PGD was able to remove theirs...

why is it we can put up a poll, but we can't edit it or take it down??
I'd like to use my dark powers on the guy who wrote that >:3

ndayday

BRoomer
Somewhere on the top, among Home/Forums/Blogs/Events/Media/Members/Help, should be a link to the IRC chat.

That place was fun, I don't get why we can't have the two side by side. Pretty much every notable Pokemon website has an active IRC and message board, I don't know why Smash can't be the same.
make pidgezero mod of it while you're at it!

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
We should get a general wii hacking forum here. There's brawl hacking, and melee hacking, and various general forums, but nothing specific enough to get help for people who have issues with wii hacking or just want to discuss it in general. It's not any further than home from some of the other forums here either.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
I actually agree with that...

I mean shoot...
KC-MM is a brawl forum, but we talk about way more than just brawl...

adding a wii-hacking section would ease up on the limitations by quite a bit :)

in fact, we should have 3DS and Wii-U sections as well. =D
since we're on the verge of cracking them.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I doubt AlphaZealot would allow it.
Then why on earth do we have brawl hacking, melee hacking forums and a general gaming forum, but not something where the two meet, or rather a sort of intermediate? Discussing general Wii hacking issues in either place isn't quite on topic nor is it likely to get a comprehensive response. It's not like there couldn't be rules regarding pirating and other illegal areas, the entire forum has those anyways...

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
lolol
and I'm hosting emulators on my forum XDD

though my forum goes by my full tag-name instead of "smash"...
because I guess by rights, that word is legally owned by nintendo XD

ndayday

BRoomer
You tell me. He doesn't like the idea of adding smash characters to the SB logo in fear of getting a cease and desist letter, so that should say something about his stance on anything that verges on possibly getting his company in trouble. I'm not saying that I don't agree with you (which I do), but that's most likely the scenario. It's like asking if you could set up a forum to discuss emulators, and despite them being technically legal, he would not choose to have them because there's still a chance to get in trouble or something. :facepalm:
I get that but not having smash characters for that reason is ridiculous.
See: every video game fansite in existence

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
are we ever going to get the front login back??

I hate VTunnel because it can only remember login info for an active session...
(I think sessions end after 1 hour of no input for a site)

and to top it off, loading time is like 3 times slower through VT,
despite the load-time already being slow on WiiOpera
(crossed out Wii because gave92's wii browser is as fast as chrome)

John2k4

The End of an Era
Front login as in being able to enter your info without leaving the main page?

It already has that; just click on the little thing at the top right and the login pane slides down.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
Front login as in being able to enter your info without leaving the main page?

It already has that; just click on the little thing at the top right and the login pane slides down.

ORLY :o

it still loads the login page for me...

not sure if it works like normal on wii w/o using VTunnel :/
can't test that right now though :/
http access on the Wii Opera Browser is screwy through LG Motion 4G hotspot and takes a day if not a lifetime to load a page.
through VTunnel, it takes 2 minutes to load on this forum... :/

EDIT:
ok now the PGD has a new poll out...
how do I edit/change mine?? :srs:

seriously...
what kind of forum gives you the option to add it, but not edit it or take it away? :/
my poll is much too old, and I'd like to remove it.

leaving that up to moderators is a dumb idea :srs:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom