• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We're having a big challenge from the Fox boards

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
this is going to be a fun challenge I can assure you of that.

We are going to have a forum battle with the fox boards. we are going to have their 5 most respected players that play online (somewhat regularly) face our 5 most respected players. Both sides feel that they did not know enough to determine a match up ratio. then someone jokingly suggested it but the idea exploded. Their side already agrees that we should do this. would you guys want to have a forum battle with the foxes to determine the match up ratio?

what 5 people do you think should participate in this battle?

post yourself if you play online or not so it helps me determine who's going to play. post yourself if you want to play to with 4 others

people that are candidates so far:

Ripple
ook
Jingo Joe
!337
bigfoot

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
Well, I would participate, but I don't play online.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I think you, CBK, Ragnorok, Bigfoot and Ook should take the battle. Sounds fun. Make sure you replay it!

M@v

Subarashii!
I would play for fox boards If I wasnt going back to college today :/

If this happens after Dec.17, i can play lol.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I think you, CBK, Ragnorok, Bigfoot and Ook should take the battle. Sounds fun. Make sure you replay it!
This sounds good. I would love to but my online is kind of crap, and you guys can rep DK better anyway. I was on the fox boards earlier and spotted this though, and I was really excited about it. If it works out well, maybe it could become something we do more often. It would really help the matchup discussions if we could do things like this more often.

i1337

Smash Ace
uhhh..maybe

ripple, bigfoot, jingo joe, cbk, jmex, ook, veggi, ragnar0k, or maybe myself.....lol.....

5 of those people (or anyone i forgot lol ) :p

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't mind participating if the DKs couldn't find a 5th person. I play online a lot so I'm used to the lag.

EDIT: When would it be?

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
Im pretty sure ragnarok doesnt play online, i chill with him at tournies and i seem to recall him saying something to that effect.

DUB

Smash Lord
Im pretty sure ragnarok doesnt play online, i chill with him at tournies and i seem to recall him saying something to that effect.
He lags pretty hard online. I'd vote him as one of the 5 to play the Fox's but it wouldn't be the best measure to determine DK's effectiveness in a match up when you couldn't play as effective during it.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
He lags pretty hard online. I'd vote him as one of the 5 to play the Fox's but it wouldn't be the best measure to determine DK's effectiveness in a match up when you couldn't play as effective during it.
I thought so, also you guys are going to the tourny at PLUR's saturday right?

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Yeah I have about a 1/2 second- 1 second worth of lag when I play because Charter Cable blows hard. I definitely wouldn't mind doing this though.

Oh and PKNintendo thanks for nominating me.

blakinola

Constantly Delicious
I just started playing the online modes again because I'm so bored. Also it's decent practice for a big tourney coming to Philadalphia. Africa will gladly represent DK.

AIM me: grandmasterak313

Luigi player

Smash Master
I hope everyone knows that online =/= offline, so the results might not be the same.

It's still a fun thing to do, but I just don't think you should really use this as evidence for who has the advantage...

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
i'll do it

one suggestion though, all 5 dk's play all 5 foxes, that way we all get a lot of matchup experience, and the matchups towards the end will better reflect the actual matchup.

I can run it through AiB, can i get a list of participants so i can set a time and date?

EDIT: luigi, online can show the basics of the matchup, if there's a decent connection you can get a ball park number. you can also see what works and what doesn't

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
one suggestion though, all 5 dk's play all 5 foxes, that way we all get a lot of matchup experience, and the matchups towards the end will better reflect the actual matchup.

I can run it through AiB, can i get a list of participants so i can set a time and date?

thats what I meant, to have 1v5 for each. hopefully I can get samboner to help us out.

the list of participants for us are me, you, ook, !337, Jingo Joe. for the foxes however you'll have to ask them.

for the date, I think we could just have it any day that both people are open+me. I would like to record these just in case they go over 3 min

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
ok, jingo joe and ultimo, make an AiB account so I can set this up through that, then fight to the death for the last spot, I can probably get a tournament chat board cleared for this.

and uhh.... i'll ask samboner, who are the other online foxes though?

Nokonoko

Smash Apprentice
The thing is, having you involved as well would worsen lag, Ripple. Though I guess that’s a necessary sacrifice.

Looking forward to the results.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
The thing is, having you involved as well would worsen lag, Ripple. Though I guess that’s a necessary sacrifice.

Looking forward to the results.
do you have a better suggestion as to record them all?

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
ranarok says he has a 1 second lag online yet he still manages to spike me out of a phantasm. he would also be good because he has extensive fox exp

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Hmm... you guys should be coming down to confirm some of these things with us. I'm glad I proposed a tourney, but be sure to share this enthusiasm with us. We would also have to make sure the two opponents living closest to each other face off as well. Good luck to all of us, I'm sure this would help a lot with the match-up discussion instead of guessing situations.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I'd be up to the task, i have a lot of Fox experience wit my brother and i have a LAN adapter so no heavy heavy lag on my part.

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
ok, jingo joe and ultimo, make an AiB account so I can set this up through that, then fight to the death for the last spot, I can probably get a tournament chat board cleared for this.

and uhh.... i'll ask samboner, who are the other online foxes though?
I've had an AIB account for a long time, it's here.

that's because spiking falco is easy mode

so rag, you get to fight with jingo joe and ultimo for the final spot, up for it?
Are we all 3 fighting for the last spot? How do we work that out? Do we all fight each other, best 2/3? What if I beat Ultimo, Rag beats me, but Ultimo beats Rag? There would be no clear winner.

So yeah, any suggestions?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I've had an AIB account for a long time, it's here.

Are we all 3 fighting for the last spot? How do we work that out? Do we all fight each other, best 2/3? What if I beat Ultimo, Rag beats me, but Ultimo beats Rag? There would be no clear winner.

So yeah, any suggestions?
a dice roll, 1-2=Rag, 3-4=Ultimo, 5-6=you

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
a dice roll, 1-2=Rag, 3-4=Ultimo, 5-6=you
Honestly, I wouldn't mind doing that as long as I knew the results were honest. I mean, you might not get the DK with the most skill, but we're doing online dittos, so you may not get the right DK anyways.

blakinola

Constantly Delicious
It's all good either way, I will gladly step out if someone else wants to participate, haha.

DK is related to Juggs.

My AiB name is Africa.

Tujex

Smash Ace
I would've liked to be in it, but I'm sure I'm only middle skill level....

But as I'm sure it's been said 1000x already. Youtube dis ****!!!

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I think it would be fun for us to do DK dittos, regardless of if we do it for the last spot or not.

As mr. fizwidget said earlier I play his brother a pretty good amount who mains fox so I have a feel for the matchup already.

Tujex

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'd like to test my might against some of you guys around here just to gauge my skill level.

Top Bottom