• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Well ****balls Mc****

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Scarf Latias is the glue of basically all of my teams. Gyarados, Salamence, Heatran, Scizor counter all in one.

I guess this thread kind of goes here.

Mewter

Smash Master
That sounds like it stinks, Ultimario.
Why's this in the Pokemon Lab and not the Battle Tower?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'm too used to subforum #2 being Pokemon Research whatevers and posting serious stuff in here.

Also no more Mono Dragon teams without NFEs :(

Riddle

Smash Lord
Unless your playing ubers where they could actually work. And since when is scarf latias a scizor counter?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I never really used Latias, but I didn't really like a lot of the things that were so common mainly because of her existence either.

So I might actually play the tier a little bit now that she's gone.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
This is great news.

Not because latias belongs in ubers, but because it finally means we'll see fewer scarftar, worse preparation for a lot of setup threats like DDanything and I can finally get off with my favorite base 115 Spe pokemon because scarftar doesn't **** them handily.

Did I mention I hate scarftar, whose usage will surely go down now that latias, one of its primary pursuit targets, is gone? =D

In general this means that teams will have to be more careful of opening themselves up for a sweep, infernape obviously benefits from it, but I'd also say salamence and kingdra benefit a lot from this just because their primary methods of setup can't be revenged short of more risky revengers like scarfed jirachi and flygon.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I just realized that me and riddle had this team that had one problem: Latias ***** it.

Now we can fiddle with it and make it useful **** yea.

I still lost like my favoritest team from this, though D:

Riddle

Smash Lord
Lol at ulti saying me and riddle. I've used that team like 3 times. Might have to use it more now though. We shall work on it tomorrow bro.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
X and I is the stupidest grammar rule in the ****ing world.
So whenever I'm not writing something for school I use me and X because it's better.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I love Latias, and it sucks to see it go, because I used it so much.

That being said, this could also be a good thing. I think TTar will be used less, and Infernape, as well as many things that either fear, or were outclassed by Latias will be used more.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I
JUST
RAISED
ONE. ;~;
Seriously, I just had my first battle with my latias yesterday, and its uber now? =3=
Thats a shame...Im not gonna tell anyone who doesn't know about it yet so I can enjoy using her a lil longer. =w=

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
:cry:

This just ruined my team

Latias is the staple of my team with Surf, which takes down those pesky Infernapes and Ttars

:'(

Miss ya Lati

Riddle

Smash Lord
X and I is the stupidest grammar rule in the ****ing world.
So whenever I'm not writing something for school I use me and X because it's better.
That's not what I meant at all. I just meant its funny that you think of me as a half owner of that team

Riddle

Smash Lord
Revenge Killing =/= countering, and you take ~60% damage from a CB bullet punch so you've got to be above 75% when you switch in to even guarantee the revenge kill. And thats just for CB. If its SD then its sure to kill you even without SR up.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I should have specified. HP Fire Scarf Latias is for revenge killing Scizor. There's no way it can switch into Scizor, in fact, few things can.
And this is about the exact same time that I scream Gyarados and leave this thread forever. So...

USE GYARADOS AND QUIT COMPLAINING *****.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
but Gyarados isn't cool.

Not unless you're using CB Payback/Aqua Tail/Avalanche/Earthquake on the switch like a boss.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
HAAAAHAAAAA!!!!!!
This is why I stuck with Salamence as my dragon

WOOOOOOHHOOOOO
I like lati ban :)
They're thinking about banning Mence next.

IMO Mence is the superior Dragon type, and if Latias is gone then there is no way in hell Mence isn't Uber.

Unless Smogon sees that they're stupid and unbans Latias.
No way in hell is Latias Uber, without it the metagame is really freaking gay, it's not overpowered in itself and it balances the metagame, being able to take on a lot of the top threats and preventing some Pokemon from overpowering everything or getting banned themselves.

:/

ss118

Smash Master
The metagame was honestly very stale and it was too easy because of the inclusion of Latias. It wasn't fun, simply put.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Everyone knows what's going to happen.
Infernape and Heatran skyrocket in use.
Mence gets MORE dominant with the only Dragon that really compared to it gone. Don't pull DNite BS or **** like that, it's not nearly as good as Mence is.
DDTar returns with a vengance.

Also, "not being fun" isn't an excuse for banning a Pokemon. If it's balanced, it's balanced.

ss118

Smash Master
I only have two qualifications for a good metagame in pokemon:

1) The ability to differentiate between a "good" player and a "great" player
2) It is fun.

In the Latias metagame, neither of the above were true. I am a terrible player yet I can reach the top with a couple of hours and a random-*** team? Not cool.

Honestly, I would rather have a metagame with everyone using a single pokemon so long as the other five pokemon were actually quite varied(Garchomp metagame) than a metagame with everyone using the same 16 pokemon everywhere, and anyone who didn't failed miserably(Latias metagame).

I know it's an exaggeration. Even if the Latias metagame of 16, or even 32, pokemon was balanced in the sense of "everything is properly handled without anything being broken", I would rather go back to the Garchomp metagame of "while I may see one pokemon on 5/6 teams every time, at least the pokemon with them are different to the point where teams are actually distinguishable".

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
1. In the Chomp metagame it was Chomp/Chomp Counterx2/Counters to countersx2/Filler on most teams. Where is the variability in this?
2. **** like Dusknoir and Electivire will STILL be bad. Not even Latias' ban will save this from being a 16-Pokemon metagame sort of thing.
3. Brawl and planking isn't fun, but we still do it anyway. Fun has nothing to do with competition, you can't ban things for being unfun, only if they're legitimately broken. Sure, we'd like to have fun PLAYING, but simply playing should be the fun we get, the metagame in itself isn't where you should be looking for fun, it should just be the fun from playing Pokemon.

Top Bottom