• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Welcome, to the Year of Brawl!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I vow to master Olimar and Diddy, and enjoy playing online.

Also to get into the competitive scene as a great player of either of the above.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
My vow is to get the game, on the 10th, no reservations. After all...

ORE WO DARE DATTO OMOTTE YAGARU!?

Yaya

Smash Champion
It's times like this where it sucks to be in the Pacific Time Zone :(

My vow is to give every character a fair chance, and I will decide which I will main by the way they feel to me.

burrito

Smash Lord
I vow to avoid spoilers to the best of my ability. It's very important to me that I do so.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
I vow to get better, and to actually play some pros to help me improve.

Princz15

Smash Apprentice
I vow that now with all my knowledge of competative gaming, I will enter my very first gaming tournament and just astound everyone with my love for Brawl at an age like mines. I'm 15 btw.

ro0kie42

Smash Apprentice
i've already promised myself that once brawl comes out, my xbox 360 will collect dust until...eternity. and i just got it for Christmas!

RobinotX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobinotX
My Smash Resolution?

Going to enter tournaments n.n

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
My main goal as of right now is to defeat Shadenexus since he plans to dominate the SWF commmunity with his Brawl online clan and thinks he'll be the world's best player in a game that hasn't even been released yet. He and I are so into this that in our PM's together, I made a script about our incoming battle. Take a look:

Shadenexus: So, Takeshi, you think you can beat me? Then come! Let's play! After all, a little fight every now and then does make life more interesting. Don't you think?

Takeshi: Yes I do think I can beat you, Shadenexus. Your egotism and your lust for power have twisted your mind until now...until now even think you even think you can beat Ken and can dominate SWF!

Shadenexus: Don't lecture me, Takeshi. I've seen through all the lies of Play 2 Win and SWF. I will bring peace, justice, and security to my SWF empire!

Takeshi: Your new empire? Shadenexus, my allegiance is to SWF, to democracy!

Shadenexus: If you are not with me, you are my enemy.

Takeshi: Only a fool deals in foolish absolutes. I will do what I must. *Brings out Gamecube controller*

Shadenexus: You will try. *Brings out Gamecube controller*

So what do you think? :laugh:

Luigi_Lova62

Smash Journeyman
I vow to use Mario and master him as much as I can. When Luigi comes in the game in which I know that he will, I'll master him as well. But before Brawl comes out, I would like 2 join a Melee tournament in Toronto...Hopefully...

I

i8waffles612

I vow to try to play competitivly...

Example: In melee there were all those advanced techniques such as Wavedashing, but I didnt really care much about them....I played for fun..

In Brawl, im going to try to learn a couple advanced techniques and use them in battles :D

spindash

Smash Ace
My main goal as of right now is to defeat Shadenexus since he plans to dominate the SWF commmunity with his Brawl online clan and thinks he'll be the world's best player in a game that hasn't even been released yet. He and I are so into this that in our PM's together, I made a script about our incoming battle. Take a look:

Shadenexus: So, Takeshi, you think you can beat me? Then come! Let's play! After all, a little fight every now and then does make life more interesting. Don't you think?

Takeshi: Yes I do think I can beat you, Shadenexus. Your egotism and your lust for power have twisted your mind until now...until now even think you even think you can beat Ken and can dominate SWF!

Shadenexus: Don't lecture me, Takeshi. I've seen through all the lies of Play 2 Win and SWF. I will bring peace, justice, and security to my SWF empire!

Takeshi: Your new empire? Shadenexus, my allegiance is to SWF, to democracy!

Shadenexus: If you are not with me, you are my enemy.

Takeshi: Only a fool deals in foolish absolutes. I will do what I must. *Brings out Gamecube controller*

Shadenexus: You will try. *Brings out Gamecube controller*

So what do you think? :laugh:
OBI WAN AND DARTH VADER FOR BRAWLZ. XDDD!

That's awesome. And I caught the Devil May Cry quote at the beginning there. :p

My thing's pretty much cheesy, but it varies. Sometimes I'll say, "Alright. I'll give it a spin!" Or this.

Opponent: So, you think you can win?

Spin-Dash: I think I can play the game. *selects Sonic*

:p Happy New Year, dude.

Leviscus

Smash Apprentice
My New Smash Resolution will be to learn which character best fits my play style and once I do to become as good as I can with that character (Hopefully it will be one of these 4 [Shiek(If she's in), Diddy, MK, or Lucas/Ness(if ness does return)] After I find my character and play for awhile, I'll look for a tournament just for the experience and hopefully learn some things that will help me get more into the competitive scene and improve for future tourneys. However living in WV it will be tough to find a tourney locally. :ohwell:

Oh, and Happy New Year to everyone! Today was my 21st birthday too....I feel old....lol

Magnacor

Smash Ace
I vow to go to some local Brawl tournaments and main Dedede because he's a penguin and penguins are uber cool.:p

Puddin Master

Smash Apprentice
I'ma use Wario. Heh-heh-HAH!

Oh, and Diddy. And Sonic. And Snake. As my mains. I'll stop typing like this now.

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
I vow to go to some local Brawl tournaments and main Dedede because he's a penguin and penguins are uber cool.:p
I absolutely and thourgholy (sry for spelling) agree. Penguins are uber cool, and especially that one kind...what was it again? You know, the ones that have the ROCKET PROPELLED HAMMERS!

My goal is to avoid any kind of SSBB spoilers
Ditto.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
I vow to be a even better Fox that I was in Melee.
He may be down,but Fox still *****......Krystal.
Just kidding on the Krystal part.

Top Bottom