• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Welcome, to the Year of Brawl!

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
My Smash resolution is to start mastering advanced techniques for Brawl. In Melee I was just getting started with Wavedashing and Dash dancing. I beat every level nine in Brawl except for Fox. Just too darn fast. I already did my first intended resolution of turning back on items and going on random stages. It's going to keep me from turning everything off in Brawl. I AM going to main Sonic no matter how hard it is. I main Fox in Melee because of his speed to get me prepared for Sonic, althogh I know that Sonic will be ten times faster. Maybe I should start playing on the glitchy speed mode on Melee, hum... So, yah. I wish I could be trained by the pros with online -.-.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I vow to obtain the game by any means possible and play it to its fullest extent.

There are other things that take up my more serious vows. 2008, I'm PREPARING for you!

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
I vow to become the master of Ganondorf once he is confirmed for the game, and then do a complete 360 and become the master of Peach, thereby becoming manly and unmanly at the same time.

Does that even make sense? :confused:

I vow to actually be good at Brawl and not lose every time I play.

Masky64

Smash Cadet
I vow to get Brawl on midnight release, and I vow to fix my Internet up so I can play online.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
This should be called "New Smash Revolution", it's creative :laugh:

I'm going to beat my friend T3hC4r4v4n's Samus before brawl comes out.
To show him once and for all, I own with Sheik.
(He doesn't know I play Sheik)

Link he come to town...

Smash Apprentice
My Smash Year's resolution is to unlock everyone before going online, then find a character that suits my playstyle best in the first 48 hours, and finally go have fun. Hopefully skill will come as well with fun.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
I will master Pokémon Trainer. And if he is in it, Lucario.

I just hope I can get the game on February 10th, for two reasons.

1: The only place in town that sells video games is Wal-Mart, if they don't get it in and on store shelves on the release date, I'll have no way to get it until they do get it in.

And 2: I'm starting to get worried it's going to get delayed again, with all this gone gold... now it actually probably hasn't gone gold yet kind of talk going on around here... -_-

I'd like to actually get some good news about it for once, something to the effect of that it indefinitely will not be getting delayed anymore, that it will indeed be launched on the 10th of February.

goblue86

Smash Rookie
i vow to become better at smash and become involved in more competitive play (if they finally have a tournament where i live)

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
My Smash Year's resolution is to get SSBB and beat the best smashers in the Smash World Forums like Gimpyfish and SamuraiPanda (I'm serious)

IWANTHOTDOG

Smash Apprentice
I vow to not suck at brawl, get into competitive scene, master either fox, sonic or metaknight. Also to be a part of this community (my first post).

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
I vow to troll the h*ll out of these boards when Brawl comes out. All these people who say X character won't be in Brawl, I'm coming after you when they show up.

Naw I'm joking. Seriously though, I, like most of the other people in this thread, plan to play Brawl competitively.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
I vow to expand my competitive status pass my town and surrounding towns and to create a name for myself on online play.

jigedysmashmo

Smash Cadet
I vow to become so good at brawl that the thought of my name strikes fear into the players on SWF!!
haha jk....well not really i will defeat you all!! : )

Mr_X

Smash Apprentice
Happy new year everyone!

I vow to get an internet connection that will allow for a good online (see:Brawl) experience.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Well, I vow to get Super Smash Brothers Brawl for a be-lated birthday present, and play through the Subspace Emissary with my friend, and unlock as many characters as possible before I have a Brawlfest at my place with three of my friends.

I don't really plan big, but I wish to play against some of the members of Smash World Forums, and see how good I am compared to others out there. Doubt I'm any good compared to most of you as my game's gone corrupt lately, but alas, I'll still try.

HeltXL

Smash Apprentice
I vow to get Brawl on February 10th midnight release, but this vow doesn't quite count because I'm already 100% certain to be standing in line at 12:00AM.
So, an assist vow - To go to more tournaments; I've been unable to attend the last... many.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Happy 2008 east coast!
*Laughs @ other time zones :p*
I hope to get as many Brawl fc's from people here as possible!

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
We're finally in the year that Brawl comes out in, again...

Kazydai

Smash Apprentice
Ha, it's not new years yet where i live...

I vow to just be a good player and kill people with basic techniques like I do in Melee. I'm gonna stop Melee and stick with Brawl.

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
Geez never noticed that, after tonight, Brawl is just a month away. So close yet...39 days remaining after tonight.

My resolution is to attempt to claim the game on the 10th, without reservation...just hope there are enough to actually find.

Happy New Years Smash Boards!

Top Bottom