• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird Quirks

Kujo~

Smash Rookie
Whenever I die, whether SD or death, I have to vocalize something. It doesn't really matter what I say or if I'm making an actual sound, I just have to make some sort of sound.

Additionally, I picked up IC's and from the moment I learned how to wobble, I can't do it without counting rhythmically in my head. I could be counting completely off beat from the wobble, but I have to count rhythmically in some way.

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
I also lick/bite my lips, wipe my hands, sniffle, and rub my nose when I'm nervous, even when I don't have to.

If I lose a stock for something stupid, I'll move my chair away from the TV (I'm the only one I know who does that).

I become a constipated elderly gentleman when I'm trying to survival DI/recover. *Hnnnnnnggggghhhhhh*

If I pull off an uair -> uair -> dair combo, a nair -> nair -> fair combo, or a sh -> bair on shield -> dj over their shieldgrab -> dair combo, I'll let go of my controller, throw my head back, thrust my elbows back, and gargle random masculine noises.

If someone walks/runs into two or three consecutive jabs/something equally stupid, I stand up and scream, "WOOOHOOHOOOOOO!" in really annoying falsetto and start pelvic thrusting in their face in the hopes that they'll keep doing it. It looks kinda like this.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Just about anytime my character gets KO'd off the sides/bottom, I mimic the same sound my character does. If they don't have a voice (Samus, Mr. G&W), I'll just make some grunt or something. I make the same grunts when I'm hit by a really strong move that I didn't see coming, too... hahaha.

NNID
dansalvato
I become a constipated elderly gentleman when I'm trying to survival DI/recover. *Hnnnnnnggggghhhhhh*
Lol, I do the HNNGGGHH too, on really close calls with the hookshot.

Just about anytime my character gets KO'd off the sides/bottom, I mimic the same sound my character does.
I only do this with Captain Falcon. OOOOooohhhOOOOwaaahhh

Rockenos

Smash Apprentice
Whenever I do anything stupid, I yell "This GAME" because a friend of mine always did that and it just stuck with me. Damn game, screwing me up
Whenever I do a **** combo, I pause and forfeit the current stock. I hate myself for this.

My legs twitch like crazy...
I always carry a towel so after I destroy someone I can offer it to them to wipe all the **** off their chests... I wasn't aware I did this until like a week ago when my friend pointed it out to me

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
If I'm in a good mood while I'm playing friendlies I have a tendency to hype up my opponents combos on me.

I feel like this might throw people off but I don't do it on purpose.

:phone:

Bing

Smash Master
Also when I play Fox, and are being as technical as possible(for me) my pinky finger starts to stick out.

Like its so bad its actually dislocated before. Hurts like **** because once it starts it doesnt stop for like hours. No matter what I do :S

Tekk

Smash Lord
When I'm not shielding while playing, my right index (which is the one I use to shield with R) moves in the air like an alive tentacle lol.

NNID
dansalvato
Also when I play Fox, and are being as technical as possible(for me) my pinky finger starts to stick out.

Like its so bad its actually dislocated before. Hurts like **** because once it starts it doesnt stop for like hours. No matter what I do :S
Rubber-band it to the controller handle while you play.

Jasou

Smash Ace
Whenever I waveshine with fox I curl up my tongue inside my mouth sideways (lol ik, so weird). There might be some other things that I might have not noticed.

Mystischism

Smash Rookie
Sit leaning forward, legs tucked under chair, hands on controller with arms on legs. and don't &%$#ing blink!

Jasou

Smash Ace
good to know

i talk too much in friendlies
and practice wobbling sometimes in the character select, and other screens
I talk a lot in friendlies too and it ends up killing me -.-. I don't need to talk to my other friends talking though, so it's my fault. There are occasional times where I can be super focused and block out everything outside the game.

Dan -Zodiac-

Smash Apprentice
whenever eggm ***** me with a storm of technical nonsense i tend to laugh uncontrollably and then trash talk him. all instinctively, of course.

voorhese

Smash Master
I bite down on the tip of my tongue when i am focusing. Sometimes when i notice that i'm doing it i get very annoyed. I only notice it when it goes numb.

KUSH.

Smash Apprentice
Whenever im winning, even if its just a small lead i start whistling along to the music of the level im playing at. Didnt even notice till my friend noticed me and i literally do it EVERYTIME im winning:cool:

Jasou

Smash Ace
I was playing this guy named Luigi_Lover62 and he did the same thing I was lik DAMNIT STOPPPP :S
Cause he'd be right infront of me and be like MisFire

*dead*
When I was 1v1ing my friend once he got 4 misfires in a row, two of them hit and killed me. The next one missed and he went off the ledge and just missfired back. I had the same reaction xD.

Moxin

Smash Apprentice
When I'm not shielding while playing, my right index (which is the one I use to shield with R) moves in the air like an alive tentacle lol.
Good quirk, I do a similar thing with my right middle finger. I broke it awhile back so now I continuously bend and unbend it around the controller because it does a kind of silent internal pop each time.

:phone:

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
When I chain-grab, my eyes glaze over and I think about the rhythm of Panic Attack by Dream Theater.

Whenever Nana does something stupid, I hold my breath as I wait for the outcome of the situation. If she survives, I shudder like a cold chill just hit me, and if she dies, I look away for a split second because I can't stand to see it.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Upsmashing oos (with fox mostly) makes me move my entire upper body forward.

Top Bottom