• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird find

ADHD

Smash Hero
I don't care if this is known or whatever. This can be a relatively quick/easy way to get a banana in your hand without having to worry very much about metaknight or some other fast character chasing you while you pluck it. Just go and dash attack directly over the ledge, then pluck a banana smash or tilted. What happens is that you will slide right down off the ledge and the banana will hit the wall and drop completely down. This isn't the trick itself, but it's based off of this.

Since the time period for you to slip off the ledge while plucking a banana is so broad, you can actually turn around and pluck the banana and STILL fall off. You can utilize this to z catch the banana and return to the ledge. Steps:

1) Dash attack over to the ledge.
2) Turn around and quickly tilt pluck the banana.
3) Jump and z catch.
4) Side b flip or barrel back to the ledge.

And that's it. I'm questioning it's usefullness but I'll try it out in friendlys or whatnot.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Hmm...I knew this awhile ago but i never thought it was useful! Nice find!

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Sounds cool. Will try ^_^

I also like doing the glitch where you get a huge boost when you slide offstage while pulling a banana. Very cool in friendlies after you kill someone :)

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
I think NL found this out. There's a quote in Ingulit's thread about how to avoid falling off and how to stay on the stage.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Ye I like this trick, but stopped using it because of how sucky is diddy on the ledge and I want to be there the least possible.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
This trick is cool, and it's a very different application to the one I linked to in the Kongpedium. I share Teneban's notion of trying to avoid the ledge as much as possible, but this is a darn cool trick. I'll post a video if I find time :)

I'll add this to the Kongpendium too.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I don't really know if this was known, but it has to be helpful...
You can turn around during the banana pull? Never new that...

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I don't really know if this was known, but it has to be helpful...
You can turn around during the banana pull? Never new that...
Well, you're not technically; you're buffering a pivot during the dash attack that is then canceled into falling off the stage, thereby making you face the other direction when you pull the Banana. You can B-Reverse a Banana Pull (can you Wavebounce it? I forgot) in the air, and turn around and pull a Banana while standing, but I don't think you can out of a run without canceling a pivot somehow. I wouldn't mind being wrong on that last part, though :)

ADHD

Smash Hero
Well, you're not technically; you're buffering a pivot during the dash attack that is then canceled into falling off the stage, thereby making you face the other direction when you pull the Banana. You can B-Reverse a Banana Pull (can you Wavebounce it? I forgot) in the air, and turn around and pull a Banana while standing, but I don't think you can out of a run without canceling a pivot somehow. I wouldn't mind being wrong on that last part, though :)
You can't b-reverse mid-air banana plucks.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Can't you reverse the peanut popgun and then press down b? I've tried it a few times when im on the edge, but it's kinda hard when you don't practice it.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Can't you reverse the peanut popgun and then press down b? I've tried it a few times when im on the edge, but it's kinda hard when you don't practice it.
Reverse Popgun Cancel > Banana Pull, sure, it's hard but sounds manageable. This would be the closest we would get to B-Reversing it, I suppose. When would one really want to do a turn-around Banana Pull mid-air except possibly when edgeguarding?

ADHD

Smash Hero
Reverse Popgun Cancel > Banana Pull, sure, it's hard but sounds manageable. This would be the closest we would get to B-Reversing it, I suppose. When would one really want to do a turn-around Banana Pull mid-air except possibly when edgeguarding?
It's worthless because it takes too much time and your opponent can easily get bananas. It slows down your momentum.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If you don't do the turn around you can pluck the nana, let it hit the stage, jump, z catch it, and then grab the stage off the same jump. This doesn't leave you exposed nearly as long as reversing and having to use your side b. However, i don't know if this works on every stage or not yet.

Top Bottom