• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Weekly] Monday Night Melee Smashfests at NLL: Latest 1/9/12

Zoro

Smash Champion
MNM 9 shoutouts

wow eric...you destroyed me

gahtzu why were you so frustrated

uuaa yo i wish i saw how u got wrecked by eric

Every tournament I lose a match i know I shouldn't
first i lose to acedude then i lose to eric who i had just beaten like an hour before in a set

He went beast mode and made me look like i was terrible at this game

ausfuasfio frustrating

Zoro

Smash Champion
MNM 12 Shoutouts!

one of the funnest mnms so far for me

Gahtzu: You think you are so good now because you can beat me easily. Falcon is ez mode! I'm going to play falco specifically for you. Auto-kills from grab on Link are so cheap I don't even want to think about how to handle the rest of the match. I'll just go ez mode too solely on you.

Plup: I survived your onslaught of secondaries muahaha

Acedudeyeah: Dude I cannot take our matches lightly if we play again on saturday. You are a legitimate threat to me since you are getting way better.

Sword dancer: COME ON TIME when you walk in the door my day just gets better automatically.

Pengie: Same as sword dancer come to more mnms dude, your fox is so on point dude

III: Stop lookin so sad

Apollo: Your Sheik is really good and our seriouslies gave me worries concerning how I'll fight you on Saturday.

Dark Sonic: Fun matches dude, FoD is insta ban from now on lol for real tho I always have alot of fun playing you.

Mojo: Dude keep coming i'm so happy to see you around again.

Wizzrobe!!!!: I love this kid, i don't think he can understand how much I respect him yet but if i had a son I would want him to be wizzrobe (not like him only him). Your dad is super cool for letting you come and waiting around for you. Tell him I said I've never seen so much potential in one kid before and I've been playing competitively for 6+ years. Tell him, so he'll keep taking you lol.

Red Dragoon: You are getting better everytime I see you man. No lie

Fade: Nice meeting you dude, you got the basics down for never going to tournaments. Keep coming and you'll be nastee in no time.

Eikelmann aka Mooney: Thanks for coming all the way from tampa man. I'm glad you come because I need serious ganon practice. I don't know anything about the ganon matchup I just wing it. Convince htg to come on Sat!

Rekrul: I hate draft crews lol

Fearless: Priorities in check, good man.

Colbol: I'm getting used to your haki (conqueror's aura). When I play you none of my movements are precise, hands super sloppy all that. Not nervous my body just couldn't adjust to your haki. I just gotta play you in tourney more and i'll do better.

Action B, Vericz, Hiroshi and Uuaa: You all failed me I want you guys around :(

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
Thanks, Zoro!
I still remember a post from you about the first WATO I went to. Something about how my Marth looked really good for a first-timer, that really kept up my motivation to improve at smash.

I felt soo proud of my performance at this!
My apprentice ShakeTime attending his first big melee event, taking sets off of people I've never taken sets off before, seeing my homeboy Rekrul taking a set off of me. I could really see patterns and begin adapting to them. I read DI's. Higher level smash for the win.
Finding a sundae pie at the end!!

So gooood

Mojoo!!! That curb-stomp on Mango still rings in my ears. Don't quit!!
Wizzrobe, same goes to you.

Unfortunately, I may not see y'all at ADVENT
I am studying my butt off now to clear time for it, but before then I also have a winter formal to attend to.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the support and encouragement you have all given me!!

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
Fearless:

He's like me...except in brawl. going to bring back my Lucas.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyways, yo man, wish i was there yesterday. I'll had done the ****** and the Kneel Armstrong knee...
I would had seen Mojo....
jojo too :D

wait what? Christ, come to my house for legit Falcon training....and of course I failed you bro, didn't had the cash.
i'll eventually show up for advent though.

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
MNM 9 shoutouts

wow eric...you destroyed me

gahtzu why were you so frustrated

uuaa yo i wish i saw how u got wrecked by eric

Every tournament I lose a match i know I shouldn't
first i lose to acedude then i lose to eric who i had just beaten like an hour before in a set

He went beast mode and made me look like i was terrible at this game

ausfuasfio frustrating
"Wow Eric, you destroyed me"
"UUAA , I wish I saw how you got wrecked by Eric"
"Action B, get wrecked by economy."

Pi

Smash Hero
acedude i remember seeing u at a wato
you came w/ 2 others, 1 was a girl who played samus
was that ur first wato? i think me and action B teamed against u guys
it may have been a dual brawl/melee event

also...i think i may be underestimating swiss at these events
8 man bracket isn't as easy to make it in as i thought
gonna have to put my all into swiss and hope i have enough reserves to do well in bracket

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
acedude i remember seeing u at a wato
you came w/ 2 others, 1 was a girl who played samus
was that ur first wato? i think me and action B teamed against u guys
it may have been a dual brawl/melee event

also...i think i may be underestimating swiss at these events
8 man bracket isn't as easy to make it in as i thought
gonna have to put my all into swiss and hope i have enough reserves to do well in bracket
Yeah! How do you remember that girl? Made an impression on ya? I think it's cuz she looked like samus. Or that she knocked over an xmas ornament although no one held her up to it because she was a cute blonde girl.
I came with kuya and firehawk(the girl)
Most likely a dual event, I don't remember my bracket pairings though.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th

Action B, Vericz, Hiroshi and Uuaa: You all failed me I want you guys around :(
well i stopped requesting mondays off, which is why i havent been going. it was a mixture of getting unbelievably turned off by melee by playing uuaa at his house, frustrating on an unparalled level, plus my lack of improvement over the course of the MNM's/advents after putting in more dedicated training time than ever before, plus finally getting back into building my business seriously again so i dont have to slave away at a fast food place that i hate. so yea, thats why i havent shown up and im not going to advent because i'll be at a conference all weekend. if i happen to have mondays off with no business plans then i'll continue to show up.

Pi

Smash Hero
Yeah! How do you remember that girl? Made an impression on ya? I think it's cuz she looked like samus. Or that she knocked over an xmas ornament although no one held her up to it because she was a cute blonde girl.
I came with kuya and firehawk(the girl)
Most likely a dual event, I don't remember my bracket pairings though.
yea i remember her being cute, and u had a headband
but mostly it was because she played samus as well

Zoro

Smash Champion
MNM 14 SHOUTOUTS:

GOOD TO SEE MY ***** SPOON BACK IN FL

Hozart, Link vs Ice Climbers is the most painful match-up in the game by far. You played extremely well and you deserved the win, good stuff man.

Frames show me how to use Swiss Perfect

Action B, the greatest downtown knee so far

Kyon was awesome having you at MNM thanks for comin all the way out

SheikM, you need to come up with a personal tag name, one that has significance to you and one you won't mind keeping forever. Keep coming and asking questions you have a lot of the basics down just got to practice.

Swarm your falco is getting very smooth keep it up. Just remember you don't always have to be aggro and you don't always need to laser. Jumping in all the time can get you killed really quickly. Sometimes its ok to let people come to you.

See you all at the next one

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
first of all, my downtown knee victims:

Frames
Sword dancer, he almost got hit with it.

Other than that...I had mad fun and I see that I had improved a bit more.
I just need to concentrate on not getting freaked out. I felt odd after my match with D. Sonic.
I felt super nervous after that match and something else that I can't described, fear i think it was.
but yea, I like to thank Gahtzu for giving me a few tips and i also gave him tips again Zoros (well almost everyone on how to play him.)

looking forward for next week already.

P.S: Did I forgot to mention that my Observation Haki (The act of reading opponents movements) Is getting better?

Zoro

Smash Champion
Great MNM guys thanks for coming out especially exarch and his wife, otru and sick. Nice to see old school players every now and then.

NEW PROCEDURES STARTING NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Entree fee will now be 2 dollars (subject to change):

NLL is asking us to pay something for the venue since their expenses are going up. Initially I wanted to just give all the one dollar fees to the venue and not pay out but that wouldn't be cool. So bring 2 dollars for the next one, whoever runs the tourney bring half of the money to the NLL guys at the register and tell them it is from MNM. Write down the amount and let me know.

2. Whoever is in charge that night CLEAN AND ORGANIZE THE ENTIRE PLACE LIKE YOU FOUND IT:
Don't just pick up trash move the tables and chairs to their original location, you been there enough to know how it should be. I gotten complaints twice now from the owners and I don't want MNM to be shut down. If the organizer leaves early (cuz they are lame) the last person to leave should clean.

3. BRING YOUR SETUPS:
If you don't own one, get one most of you are grown men and have the money to buy a 40 dollar cube and melee. If it ain't your priority, don't hog the setup all night then. Most of the people that are on that ish all night never bring anything. We are fine on TVS (keep bringing them guys just in case) but we need cubes and melee.

4. If I'm not there responsibility for hosting is delegated to the following people: Mooney, Jason III, Jason Gahtzu, Colin, Vericz or Sword Dancer. Doesn't matter who takes the helm as long as someone does. I'll post if i'm going or not the day of on FB someone needs to bring a laptop if I don't. Save the swiss site in your bookmarks.

I'll always try my best to be there but with a lack of income it isn't always possible. Keep MNM organized and running strong. Love the way the community is taking shape. Remember to welcome and talk to new people. That is all.

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
Everyone would be fine with chipping a bit of the pot money for gas so you could come every week. It's you and only you that keeps you from coming.

Top Bottom