• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Weekly] Monday Night Melee Smashfests at NLL: Latest 1/9/12

Zoro

Smash Champion
Another successful MNM

Sorry there was no stream my laptop sucks. We tried and dunno y but this time it was so laggy i had to stop it. Next time we are not going to use a laptop so hopefully we will have it up at the next one.

I recorded videos though so I'll upload tomorrow

Mantis sucks, we used it to run swiss and it might be great for yugioh but it sucks for smash. Placings are kind of all over the place and people got lower than they would have with the other swiss manager we use. We are switching back to the good software next week this was just a test run and it failed us.

Actual Shoutouts:

III: Fun matches like always, I don't mind playing you win or lose. Good stuff against Apollo.
Uuaa: Gay *** camper you play link very well
Davo: Good sheik, I really like playing sheik so I hope you keep getting better. We need more sheiks in the area.
Carlos: Good first round man, hope to see you at more of these. It was nice meeting you
Dark Sonic: I really have a ton of fun playing your marth, its so difficult!
Apollo: We never play ... lol ima get you next one watch
Fearless Ghatzu: Good stuff guys beasting
Hiroshi: I love you stop johning and learn the game
Vericz: The man, always a pleasure. Project M is doodoo
Plup: GF was a lot of fun man. You carried me hardcore!
Colbol: Thanks for helping me out like always and GF was fun
Frames: You are awesome
to everyone else: Keep coming, keep playing and getting better. We are making these nasty.

Zoro

Smash Champion
This ish ran too late

If you want to play doubles you best show up at 7pm and we will start then.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
I like Uuaa's playstyle as Fox. I've been watching it forever. If I were a Fox main, I'd laser every muthafuhkin chance I get, lol.

Now that I got one of these:

As soon as I get new brakes, I'll be driving out to one of these things. I gotta whip my Dr Mario back into shape.

Zoro

Smash Champion
I like Uuaa's playstyle as Fox. I've been watching it forever. If I were a Fox main, I'd laser every muthafuhkin chance I get, lol.

Now that I got one of these:

As soon as I get new brakes, I'll be driving out to one of these things. I gotta whip my Dr Mario back into shape.
That n|gga plays gay fight me like a man! Runnin away from me all day lol

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
sorry i didn't go to this. i didn't realize amber's belated birthday dinner would be happening in melbourne at the same time. Hozart got 3rd???? PROOO good job m'negro

Zoro

Smash Champion
you got your priorities in check rx

new seeding points are up on the op of the mnm thread

Zoro

Smash Champion
MNM 4 SHOUTOUTS~!

Another successful MNM, even got to play a crew battle vs MCC
It was great I'll upload the battle soon

btw i find these results disgusting!
play more characters

Rx: I'll never play link against you again
WATO: We wrecked in crews, you all wrecked me :)
Uuaa: Screw you
Hiroshi: I love you man, pick a character
Vericz: the only wato member i didnt play in tournament lol, you are really consistent in tourney
Action B: Best falcon in the world, took one stock in crews but saved the day in the end. You 3 stocked me both game in tourney you are now the best in wato.
F-0: Thanks for coming and wrecking crews. Being rusty is lame
III: We play every single mnm, you better study the MU more or you might get an unnecessary loss.
Frames: GGs like always, it sucks u aint goin to advent but you got better things to worry about.
Spoon: Thanks for joining us these MNMs, hope everything works out in GA, hope to see you again here.
Toobz, Skrach, Plup, Hozart, Gahtzu: All you guys are beasting keep it up
Pengie and Sworddancer: Fun teams, you thought it was gonna be ez but y'all don't know bout that action b
The Law: Gahtzu is a COWARD he shouldve fought you for the spot. I wanna make that the standard, tied for last spot fight for the spot. More hype
D21: Thanks for coming by bro, nice to see you after all these years. Hope you can make it to another event.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Only vid im uploading from MNM4 everything else was doing that weird fast forward thing

WATO VS MCC

Colbol we need your help man
my laptop can't handle it

Zoro

Smash Champion
MNM 5 SHOUTOUTS

glad to see some old faces, i'm very happy that old players are coming back.

I had the funnest set with gahtzu ever.

Thanks for coming guys, I was kind of smashed out from Advent but I had fun anyway tonight.

See y'all next week

FearZ

Smash Rookie
To the beloved CFL community. I will serious mode this game and increase my tournament placings. Zoro, good games bro I will definitely strive harder next time. III, I'm practicing so hopefully I'll be "stepping it up". Hungrybox, I got you to last stock high percent on ur Shiek argh good game man. Barracks, fuuuck now I see I need Falco practice with my Jiggs but we still haven't Falco ditto'd which I'm very good at by the way.

Shoutouts to MCC Crew my teammates who help me get better and I'm out. Peace.

Zoro

Smash Champion
MNM 6 Shoutouts!

Disappointed in my progress. I'm getting nowhere. I've implemented a few subtle things like CC jabs for shield pressure. More defensive play style, rush down doesn't work for me. Learning how to use the cstick to DI. The problem is using new things effectively while having my mind in the match. It feels unnatural to purposely look for opportunities to spot dodge, I've always done it on habit. I've noticed how much I been playing on auto pilot.

I can't beat people that are better than me but I won't lose to people I feel I'm better than. I don't blame Link, I've seen what I'm supposed to do, I just can't seem to do it yet. I blame myself for my bad habits and lack of control. I need to become a better player. I need to come in with confidence and the mentality that I could win every match that I play. I'm still going to try very hard to force myself to improve.

Kuya: I feel like when you are putting constant pressure on me I can't help but want to jump. When I do you can kill me so easily by taking my second jump.I don't think you should give up on your characters, just don't take certain match ups lightly. GGs

Apollo: Fun set, I feel like I had more control of my character this time around. I still go into panic mode whenever i'm knocked into the air. I'm trying to camp more when I have a lead to force people to come to me. I don't feel like link has a good enough approach to warrant playing a rush down style.

Gahtzu: I think I played better this time, hope you were playing seriously. Like I mentioned to apollo I think forcing you to come to me is better than chasing you the whole game. I just need to make smarter decisions once you get there.

Dark Sonic: I'm struggling against you, I think once you play someone enough and beat them enough you are already at a good advantage. You have confidence going in that all you have to do is replicate what you did the last time you won. You pick up on my specific habits more and more every time and you get better at avoiding my attacks. It's difficult to adapt when I already know you know what to do and I'm still figuring it out. I hope I get to play you more and figure things out.

III: I feel like you are doing what I am doing every time I play uuaa. I honestly try what I feel is my best but he is just so insanely confident against me that he doesn't even need to try, he has the match up down. We need to learn how to stop losing in our heads. I see so many situations that you can take advantage of like instead of a grab dsmash or ftilt. It's like you get overwhelmed so easily and shut down and go auto pilot. I go in every match knowing I can beat you and you go in knowing you haven't in a while. That's probably the only thing keeping you because i'm no better than I was when you destroyed me at wato. Just make better decisions and know you have already won and do it again.

Vericz and Hiro: You guys seem to get upset when you lose but your mentality going in is "If I play a lot I should get better". You play top tier characters, you have a wealth of information to look at on the boards and on youtube but you don't utilize it.
You lose because you don't know. I lose because I don't know. Tech skill has a part to play but I believe knowing what to do is more important than tech skill. Watch some vids and look for things that you do not do currently, experiment and implement. Hiro always complains but i see him die the same way every time, up air from fox. A good di will get you out of that so make it a habit to di it, if you played falco against juan you know you WILL die if you don't di the up throw. It's the same with fox. Vericz I noticed you like to go for forward smash a lot because you are impatient. You want the kill like now and if you don't get it you try it again. Use safer moves, for example don't shine peach don't jump so much, wait for fox to come to you, play safer and use your safest moves. Once you hit confirm, then you combo combo combo.

Uuaa: Soo smug, that's the only reason you win. You know you can win and I think I can't. You are no different than any other good fox, you just overwhelm me with your confidence. I will beat you

Plup: I think I can beat you but the more I play you the easier to beat I become. I need to adapt, I do the same things over and over. There are moments when I feel in control but ultimately once you are off the stage it all resets. I can't seem to edgeguard you well and once you get back on you resume stage control.

Rekrul: stop killing yourself, you played well against me and probably could have won at your rate. Juggling multiple characters might be cool for matchup counter picks but inevitably you are giving up a certain amount of control of all of your characters. What experience you could invest in one char you are kind of spreading among 2 or 3. Just my opinion

Sword Dancer: Same with rekrul you need to stop killing yourself. Its an easy matchup for you. Just grabbing puts an insane amount of pressure because I have to DI away your fthrows which forces me off the stage. I hate being grabbed by marth..

good MNM sorry i was late. I owed it to my girlfriend to spend time with her.

Pi

Smash Hero
zoro you are right lol
the biggest problem for me is that i NEED to understand why things work, i NEED to have a plan, and i don't against link, and i don't against falcon

though i am developing one against falcon

i'm not an instinctual player and i'm not innately good at gaming so for me i have to work things out in my head and understand what i need to do to win a match, i can't just auto adapt to situations and scenerio's that occur in matches and i don't subconsiously pick up on habits and patterns of other players, though i am working on all of that, it's hard when i really don't know what to go into a match doing

(though if you really want me to start winning against you, you'd stop going FALCO in our FRIENDLIES so i can LEARN, but it's you're call, i'm not going to make you go link.)

it's my fault though, i have been slacking, not writing in my notebook, not watching video's, don't worry about me man, i know what i need to do but i'm not doing it, i have to learn to motivate myself before i can get **** done

@ghatzu good **** man, you're playing the way i need to play, you look for your openings and you exploit them as hard as you can.

you know i get salty and i'd expect the same from you when you lose a match you know you can win (no offense obviously i just note a bunch of mistakes & bad decisions in my play), i'm glad that you seem to constantly be improving because it's great chance for me to hone my falcon matchup, if you would play seriously in friendlies and stop smoking. your advice is sound, and as hard as it is for me to listen to the person who just beat me i force myself to do it, i'll work with ftilt more and i forgot what you said about pivot missile. but real talk, when we play i'm going to start requesting some seriouslies and you better ****ing gay it out. i'm talking like when you have the lead go camp the top platform like you do in tourney.

@DS good **** man, wato crew 3 in the top 4, i wonder about you though man you seem content to make decisions that you know are less than optimal? or are you still just exploring these as viable options? i want you to keep improving but if you see decisions that you make that you KNOW, 100%, are not what you should have done, why do you still make them?

@toobz man, idk, i'll figure it out some other time it's a daunting task for sure lol.

ShadowSpear

Smash Apprentice
GGs! I had a great time at my first MNM event! I look forwards to playing against you guys again. :cool: I <3 Playing As :mewtwo:!

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Apollo: Fun set, I feel like I had more control of my character this time around. I still go into panic mode whenever i'm knocked into the air. I'm trying to camp more when I have a lead to force people to come to me. I don't feel like link has a good enough approach to warrant playing a rush down style.
That was an exciting set indeed. And I fully agree with your camp approach; Peach punishes Link too hard in close quarters. This is why I insist on rushing you down. Between Nair, Dsmash and Jab, I know I can run a train over your slower attacks. I run into the most trouble when you space me out and I have to deal w/ swords and projectiles.

Rekrul

Smash Cadet
Zoro, I put my Fox out as a feeler against characters that I'm sort of unfamiliar with playing. I've never played against a Link for a long time/had Link experience. Plus I thought shines would be good. I felt like I did alright the first match and hence why I stayed Fox.

I only use two characters but right now, I can probably say Marth is my main since I used him strictly for the swiss and tournament in Advent and in most of my matches in the latest MNM except against Falcon who I used Fox against.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Zoro, I put my Fox out as a feeler against characters that I'm sort of unfamiliar with playing. I've never played against a Link for a long time/had Link experience. Plus I thought shines would be good. I felt like I did alright the first match and hence why I stayed Fox.

I only use two characters but right now, I can probably say Marth is my main since I used him strictly for the swiss and tournament in Advent and in most of my matches in the latest MNM except against Falcon who I used Fox against.
I just meant in general. I see you play both marth and fox sometimes against other people. If you play mostly marth, i think that's for the best. I'm a firm believer in solo maining in tournament.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
MNM 6 Shoutouts!

Disappointed in my progress. I'm getting nowhere. I've implemented a few subtle things like CC jabs for shield pressure. More defensive play style, rush down doesn't work for me. Learning how to use the cstick to DI. The problem is using new things effectively while having my mind in the match. It feels unnatural to purposely look for opportunities to spot dodge, I've always done it on habit. I've noticed how much I been playing on auto pilot.

I can't beat people that are better than me but I won't lose to people I feel I'm better than. I don't blame Link, I've seen what I'm supposed to do, I just can't seem to do it yet. I blame myself for my bad habits and lack of control. I need to become a better player. I need to come in with confidence and the mentality that I could win every match that I play. I'm still going to try very hard to force myself to improve.
I understand how you must feel. Trust me. I thought you did great against me at ADVENT.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Had a smaller MNM but it's cool, it was still mad fun chilling with friends.

III: It's the "you know you can beat me" thing. I gotchu
Uuaa: MM me more
Colbol: MM me more
Vericz: Play Falco
Hiro: Stick with sheik
Action B: Keep practicing
Rekrul: Roy
Kuya: Kirby is easier than gnw for me
Ace Dude Yeah: POKE FLOATS! funnest set
Steak N Shake: The ghettoest steak n shake i've ever been to. Looks like a sns from mexico.

Zoro

Smash Champion
MNM8 SHOUTOUTS!

Fun MNM one of the best we've had so far imo

Rekrul: Doing very well keep it up
SwordDancer: That hat man
Apollo: Always have fun playing you win or lose
Iota: Nice meeting you man, fun talking to you. Play more games man that's how you get better and hope to see you at the next event
Jfalco and Pluigi: Think hard are your tag names, keep coming and learning. You got a good group to learn from ask questions and play more.
Colbol: Keep playing falcon against me.
Mooney: Good games man the SDs were so funny. Glad you made it
Hiroshi: Yo man you played the set very well, glad you didn't give up. You are playing smarter and safer. Keep it up
Uuaa: Fun matches like always

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
I had a lot of fun. I hate randall and randomly bouncing off of the stage. :(

Chris, also, I never have matches up to study of myself, and I know a **** load of stuff got recorded of me at MnM.
Could you please please pleeeeease upload my stuff?
Specifically my tournament stuff. Friendlies are bleh
I use blue fox and blue Ganon, mostly with the "EIK" tag.

Zoro

Smash Champion
I had a lot of fun. I hate randall and randomly bouncing off of the stage. :(

Chris, also, I never have matches up to study of myself, and I know a **** load of stuff got recorded of me at MnM.
Could you please please pleeeeease upload my stuff?
Specifically my tournament stuff. Friendlies are bleh
I use blue fox and blue Ganon, mostly with the "EIK" tag.
umm...already did?

Rekrul

Smash Cadet
Fearless,
1. Pick Peach or Falco.
2. Get top 8.
3. ???
4. Profit.

But I understand, I would go Roy too if only he didn't suck.

Top Bottom