• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Character Discussion: Yoshi

Chaco

Never Logs In
Mimc has replied in every weekly discussion thread, so don't worry with what he says.

D

Deleted member

:yoshi: It totally is, though.

You mean you guys haven't done the Shiri Yoshi Super Mega Jump yet?

Wow, guys, step it up!~
Ive been trying to for so long! Teach me your ways, great masta Shiri! =D

mimic_king

Smash Lord
you CAN do things after his UP B. Turn tap jump off, you can do ANOTHER DJ, in addition to the DJ before the Up B.

your recovery routine can be like this: DJ, Up B, DJ AGAIN, Up B AGAIN.
And you guys say the things I say are false. I have never been able to do that. At least once I have found out what you just said, I will know that I haven't been able to do that.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Ummm....

In relation to what you said you also thought *coughGOONFARMINGcough*

mimic_king

Smash Lord
i never said i don't make mistakes. i have said some stupid things before, but not as much as saying that DJ up b crap.

now about that goonfarming thing, did i say that D3 could goonfarm with items off? if i did, then goonfarming is useless. in that case, goonfarming is useful, but what idiot plays with items on?

Kress

Smash Rookie
Do not feed da troll.
He'll eventually go away to another character forum and he wont be our problem anymore.

Chaco

Never Logs In
But yes, Yoshi is absolutely amazing at everything....

...involving fruit and plumbers.

Chaco

Never Logs In
STOP TROLLING!

You know nothing about Yoshi....I would openly beat your *** with him if my WiFi wasn't down right now.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
how was i trolling? all i wrote was wtf on both sides.

once your wifi comes back up, i'll face you.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Good, until then, they are other Yoshi mains who would love a piece of you I'm sure.

*coughMMACcough*

mimic_king

Smash Lord
fine. you mad at me for trolling? i will list positives about yoshi.

His down b works as an edgeguarding game similar to bowser's. his b move can be used at the edge of the stage to let people fall to their deaths in an egg. if the enemy has a bad recovery, you have an easy victory. his Dair is good for racking up damage.

happy?

Kress

Smash Rookie
fine. you mad at me for trolling? i will list positives about yoshi.

His down b works as an edgeguarding game similar to bowser's. his b move can be used at the edge of the stage to let people fall to their deaths in an egg. if the enemy has a bad recovery, you have an easy victory. his Dair is good for racking up damage.

happy?
It is not about your oppinion, it is about your attitude. Besides, you have alredy been acussed of trolling at the pit's forums (or that's what a pit mainer said before).
Grow up, fight some pros, go to tourneys, then come back.

Adventurous

Smash Rookie
Most of Yoshi's problems come from one thing:

The Who Would Eat Who? Kirby or Yoshi Debate.

=P

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Im not sure about that, but D3 is better, though that has nothing to do with this topic.

.Marik

is a social misfit
It is not about your oppinion, it is about your attitude. Besides, you have alredy been acussed of trolling at the pit's forums (or that's what a pit mainer said before).
Grow up, fight some pros, go to tourneys, then come back.
Kress, I think your awesome. :yoshi:

Also, the Advanced Technique guide by Badgey was very informative.

Useful, I'm not sure how much, but still informative indeed.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
no one "fed" me for a few posts. we get the point

Mmac, can you pass the popcorn, please? Thanks.
I was implying that even though Yoshi can grab out of inhale, disarming him from it, D3 can still beat him. It seemed like Burntsocks was saying that Yoshi is better because he can grab out of inhale. Now you could've just read that carefully like anyone would instead of being a.... well I can't really say it. But you know what I mean. Same goes for Burntsocks for making that remark about me being knowledgeable.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Dude, you just bumped up a two month old topic. Not as bad as when I unknowingly revived a six year old topic, but still dumb.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
lol I just read this.. The first page of posts were funny as HELL.. But the synopsis actually turned out pretty dead on lolol? I don't know how from the crappy posts that were first written about him.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I usually just hang around the Kirby Boards, so I don't know much about Yoshi, but I think I might've found something. Forgive me if this is well known, obvious, or if this makes me sound like a ******. Here we go.

I was playing around on Hyrule with Yoshi half an hour ago, trying to see how many times I could get him to do Hyrule feats with his final smash (I was bored). I used Yoshi specifically because I want to move bottom tiers up (if you had mained Kirby in Melee, it would've happened to you too). I went down to the small, very bottom platform, and noticed something interesting. I only did it once, by mistake, but here it is. You know how Yoshi can walk off the stage and then edgegrab? Well, while sliding off the left side of that small platform, I accidentally did a reverse up-b. The result was that I seemed to do an up-b on the ground, and then slide offstage and edgegrab. Imagine it like wavedashing, then using your up-b at the last second before you fall off. I seemed to edgegrab slightly faster than just walking off. I know I was still on the ground when I used the reverse up-b because I didn't get boosted into the air.

Is this well-known, useless, something everyone knows, or some great discovery that can revolutionize Yoshi game? Okay, perhaps not that last one. Anyway, what's your take? If this is actually something, I want it to be called eggsliding.

Big Red

Smash Journeyman
well-known, but very useful. We call it the E-T-S (I think it should be renamed the Lyndon, since I use the button combination L (I set L to jump to make this easier) -B-Joystick up :D) It is performed by jumping, but before you leave the ground, using an Up-B. Very similar to Jump Canceled Up Smashes. It is useful because Yoshi's shield is so terrible and this provides a decent defensive option. You can retreat and hail eggs on incoming aerial attackers, and of course, like you mentioned, you can edgehog. But other than edgehogging it is nice to escape pressure by ETSing onto the ledge. I mean there are two ways to make yourself invincible, one is shield, the other is the ledge, and clearly Yoshi has bettter option off of the ledge than the shield n.n

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Wow. After I came here and pissed a bunch of people off, none of the yoshi players have posted here in months. I cause everybody pain.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Wow. After I came here and pissed a bunch of people off, none of the yoshi fans have posted here in months. I cause everybody pain.
Were not fans, we play him. you cause everyone mental anguish. you drop the IQ of of the Yoshi area. So please leave, all you've done is spammed and trolled. Before someone reports you. I'm not going to, because I feel it's wrong to do so. But they probably will.

Top Bottom