• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Character Discussion: Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
I've never been d-smash chained. the smash always knocks me far away before the fox can make another move.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Oh. I don't feel like reading more. Too lazy. I don't even do my own homework and I'm still in top 10%. Hard-working pays off in the future...Lazyness pays off now.

Back on topic, can fox still chain grab with his d-throw? I know Falco can.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Oh. I don't feel like reading more. Too lazy. I don't even do my own homework and I'm still in top 10%. Hard-working pays off in the future...Lazyness pays off now.

Back on topic, can fox still chain grab with his d-throw? I know Falco can.
Could be more of a lazy mother****er? Seriously? Read or leave. No one is going to answer your stupid questions. You didn't even bother to ask in the Q&A thread.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
How bout this question?

Can Fox still do a short-hop double laser like Falco can? And no, this wasn't asked. Unless I missed it. Still. answer the question anyway.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
No, Fox cannot CG. I don't know what you mean by "still". He never could.
Yes, fox can SHDL. The can also SHTripleLaser.

Please at least try playing fox for a game before you ask such basic questions. These are questions you can answer within 30sec in a match by trying short hop double lasering, or by using a dthrow at 0%.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Who needs CG. I mean if you can proof the character is good without 1 it's even better right? I mean, snake, ROB don't have CG's and are high in the tier list. You don't really need them. And besides, Fox has FLAMEDASH so yeah

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Who needs CG. I mean if you can proof the character is good without 1 it's even better right? I mean, snake, ROB don't have CG's and are high in the tier list. You don't really need them. And besides, Fox has FLAMEDASH so yeah
Tell that to the DDD mains

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
They would flame me if i would. Besides, D3's game is only CG anyone and i think it doesn't take much of skills to do that. When you can CG you already mastered half of D3's playstyle. Thats just my opinion though, it's cheap. Falco the same only to a lesser extent. Falco also has good other options like SHDL and all that, his game is more difficult i think,

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
You're wrong there are 2 types are Falcos the one you are stating is Spammy Falco. Only using CG and Lasers but in the long run he can't kill. Then there are the Falco that know how balance their moves. Sk92,Sethlon, Ozz, and other people like them.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
MM $3 Fox v Falco? I'll **** your falcos **** (and before ppl go "OMGZORS!1!!11 yeh rite lloz" I know chillin, fought him before, and I'm calling BS on his accusation.)
Pfffft! I call 5 dollar MM against Chillin's Falco! Fox is too good. People just don't wanna admit it.

Fox is just one of those characters that doesn't have his buffs well evened out. You think "wow, this guy is awesome" just as much as you think "dang, he sucks"
This made me laugh because I can definitely see this thinking.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
They would flame me if i would. Besides, D3's game is only CG anyone and i think it doesn't take much of skills to do that. When you can CG you already mastered half of D3's playstyle. Thats just my opinion though, it's cheap. Falco the same only to a lesser extent. Falco also has good other options like SHDL and all that, his game is more difficult i think,
So you're saying D3 is cheap and requires no skill?

*facepalm*

This made me laugh because I can definitely see this thinking.
Yeah, I think just like that. At first I thought, "Man Fox is amazing!", but sometimes I think, "Wow. Fox has been nerfed pretty badly and he sucks". Now I do believe that he has been nerfed badly, but he isn't a bad character altogether. Compared to Melee Fox, yeah, he sucks. But he still isn't that bad. I mean, it's not like he got a CF nerf.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Well i think D3 needs less skill than characters like Ganondorf or Cpt Falcon or even Fox. I think it's easy to pick him up. And yeah i do think he's a little bit cheap, but he requires some skill.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Well i think D3 needs less skill than characters like Ganondorf or Cpt Falcon or even Fox. I think it's easy to pick him up. And yeah i do think he's a little bit cheap, but he requires some skill.
At a high level of play, it's not easy to overcome his weaknesses. What's the point of knowing who's an "easier" character to use, anyway? There's no prize for "most technical" in a tournament.

mimic_king

Smash Lord

Well you said that all he does is CG and it doesn't take much skill to do that. That isn't true. Perfecting the DDD CG is hard.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
guys, shut up and get on topic. Note that "almost beat" is still losing, and you're trying to make an argument that fox is somehow good when using AZEN as an argument for it. AZEN'S KNOWN FOR USING BAD CHARACTERS AND WINNING WITH THEM (in addition to the rest of the cast)

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
guys, shut up and get on topic. Note that "almost beat" is still losing, and you're trying to make an argument that fox is somehow good when using AZEN as an argument for it. AZEN'S KNOWN FOR USING BAD CHARACTERS AND WINNING WITH THEM (in addition to the rest of the cast)
true, but you cant deny the lack of top level play for fox, still, its not like we cant learn from him or anything>.>

what am i sayinig, there is no top level play for fox
( theres moogle but he rarely plays now)

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
I think fox is a good character becuase he has speed and his aerial twister can do lots of damage if connected right plus he has a REFLECTOR

the only weankess to me is his falling problem witch really isnt a problem

he's my 6TH favorite character

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Why should I more of my post have actually been more useful than yours. did you say that in T. Joe's thread for it... no you didn't.
What I meant was like, "Get out! No way!". I edited my post now. Sorry for any trouble.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Okay okay, maybe, D3 requires skill to be better. But i still think Fox and the others are more difficult to learn than D3. It's my opinion though, i like to play with characters that are hard to play for the exception of Marth and GaW :p I play Link and Zelda/Sheik o.o

Can't wait for AZEN's vids how he almost beat M2K. I want to learn some more about Fox. It still suprises me how good i play with Fox against my friends while i also use DK and GaW and Marth, and none of those are better than my Fox when i play with them. I would've been long gone if i hadn't been so good with Fox. Note that i find myself pretty good with Fox, it doesn't mean you guys have to find me good ^_^'

Some Grab Release combos for Fox might be helpful. And i have found a way to approach, might be not so good though. well recently i've tried to use the Illusion to good use (side B) and well you can use it when your opproaching when your opponent is near the edge, in range of a ledge attack. Just illusion to the ledge, might take some time to get the hang of, but on FD it's bit farther than the middle, and you'll hang on the ledge. Then Ledge Attack. It's a gimmicky move but at least it's somethng. Might not be to useful though <_>

mimic_king

Smash Lord
You wouldn't be the first one. It would be cool if they had mics on this site to talk to people.

On topic now, Fox can't do his many amazing SHFFLs he had in melee. :(

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I like playing as Fox. I'm probably going to get chewed out for this but he kind of reminds me of Melee Falcon. He's very good at racking up damage and removing stocks. But he can get ***** easily and has fairly predictable recoveries. So yeah. He reminds me of Falcon except he has matchups where he gets ***** and he's light. He does have projectile and shine going for him. And Fair is sexy.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
I like playing as Fox. I'm probably going to get chewed out for this but he kind of reminds me of Melee Falcon. He's very good at racking up damage and removing stocks. But he can get ***** easily and has fairly predictable recoveries. So yeah. He reminds me of Falcon except he has matchups where he gets ***** and he's light. He does have projectile and shine going for him. And Fair is sexy.
Actually, that's about right, but he also has a bunch more stuff going for him.

Leafplayer452

Smash Journeyman
Fox is hard to play against when playing slower characters.

It feels like if I'm not constantly shielding then I hit random usmash all day.
I feel that way playing Ike, alsoIve been thinking about droping Fox and going to Sheik, since Im kinda good with her and all

NightShadow6

Smash Journeyman
In a nutshell fox is a strange character since he kills low dies low, and the fact hes the fasted faller and 1 of the lightest. 1 thing i can say for a great fox strat is to SH fair its great against chars like ROB DK etc. and for smaller chars u should just do dair uptilt uptilt grab then go for the upair. and when they have about 50 uptilt upair it works almost all the time. and for recovery do a full jump with fair as it gives u a boost in ur jump. Lazer spam is good but any1 can get around it but it makes them approach u and since u have the they cant spam u with any projectiles. Overall fox has the potential to be high tier or mid-high tier IMO. It just takes awhile to learn how to play him. Upsmash is his best killer so save it for when there about 90-100 on midweight 110 for heavys and 80-90 for light ppl. Fsmash is a good killer to but use it for comboing and racking up dmg and for lazers use the SHL its good against flying char and big chars. And against a char like falco after the cg wat can they do? not alot accept rack of dmg then fsmash so u can easily combo them after that and then go for the upsmash when falco is at about 100 or 95. This is all coming from me a fox mainer. 1 question: Why is Bowser ahead of Fox???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom