• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Weekly AMA: PeridotGX (ROUND 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

PeridotGX

This AMA's subject is a Steven Universe superfan and Decidueye devotee, PeridotGX!

Now this ain't PeridotGX's first AMA here as they were a subject in the past. the Weekly AMA Directory. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. Even if you've been a subject in the past, you're free to go again! We'll try to draw one name for an AMA each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to the Prior AMAs section in the AMA Directory

Alright, PeridotGX PeridotGX , you ready?

I'll start:

1. On a scale of 1-10, how satisfied are you with Ultimate's set of newcomers?
  2. How did you get around to joining Smashboards in the first place?
  3. What are the top 3 Steven Universe characters that you'd like to see added in Multiversus

Noipoi

Howdy!
What's up?

1. Favorite Steven Universe episode?
2. Undertale or Deltarune (so far)?
3. Who's ya gen 9 starter?

KillerCage

Smash Master
YO!

1) Favorite game genre(s)?

2) Favorite prehistoric animal(s)?

3) Will you give Albert Wesker an egg? :4pacman:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
1. Are you looking forward to BotW 2, and if so, what are you hoping for most?
2. If you could replace one character in Ultimate with someone else from the same series, who would they be?
3. What's your most wanted real-world region for a future Pokémon game?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Hi everyone! It's a bit late, so I won't be answering the questions all at once.

PeridotGX

I'll start:

1. On a scale of 1-10, how satisfied are you with Ultimate's set of newcomers?
  2. How did you get around to joining Smashboards in the first place?
  3. What are the top 3 Steven Universe characters that you'd like to see added in Multiversus
1: I'd give it a 7. It was objectively a pretty good set of characters, but not many of them directly appealed to me. Steve is the only one I strongly supported prior to his inclusion, and even then he probably wasn't ever in the top 5. Many of my most wanteds were long shots, I wasn't really expecting Maxwell or Grovyle, but I remain suprised we never got Bandana Dee. And my profile picture might indicate a certain level of... displeasure with a certain other character, but it's the only character I don't really care for (and my loathing has calmed over the years).

2: I don't quite remember, but it was a long time ago. It was probably somewhere on Miiverse? I lurked on here during the Smash 4 DLC cycle, and I decided to come back during 2018. Not only that, but I made an account, and the rest is history.

3: I think it would be very funny if Steven Universe was the Fire Emblem of Multiversus, so I would accept almost any Steven Universe rep. If I had to go with three...
  • Lapis Lazuli. I think she would have an interesting moveset, with her water abilities and wings. If we're willing to stretch things a little, we could even give her Malachite's ice powers, but I don't know if that's necessary.
  • Peridot. What a suprise! I actually have a half written Smash moveset for her lying around somewhere, for fun. Basically, she would be a reverse Lucario: she has her Limb Enhancers at the beginning of the battle, but loses them after a certain percent , becoming much weaker and lighter.
  • Spinel. I might actually prefer her to Peridot, actually. While I have a half written Peridot moveset, I have a full Spinel one (though it would need some significant alterations because it relies on actually being in Smash for a gimmick). She would fight like a rubberhose 30's style cartoon, even more than characters like Bugs. I don't think she's very likely (she wasn't even in the original show), but she's absolutely my most wanted.
When it comes to non-SU characters I would like to see in Multiversus, Raven (Teen Titans), Maxwell (Scribblenauts), and Citizen Kane come to mind. There's also Harry Potter. I have... complicated feelings with that series, but I would probably enjoy it in a guilty pleasure sort of way.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Double post, sue me.
What's up?

1. Favorite Steven Universe episode?
2. Undertale or Deltarune (so far)?
3. Who's ya gen 9 starter?
1: That's a tough one, I haven't re-watched Steven Universe in awhile, my memory isn't that fresh. It's probably Log Date, Mr. Greg, or Bismuth.
2: It's gotta be Deltarune. When only Chapter 1 was out, I would have gone with Undertale, but Chapter 2 brought so much additional content to the game that I basically have to prefer it, and we still have 5(+?) chapters to go. I think Undertale still has the better soundtrack, but it's very close
3: I think I'm going with Quaxly. No deep reason, he's just a funny duck. I'm waiting until we have the final forms to make a more serious decision.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Hey PeridotGX PeridotGX , why did you skip my and Janx_uwu Janx_uwu 's questions?
YO!

2. If you could replace one character in Ultimate with someone else from the same series, who would they be?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
YO!

1: Probably JRPGs, but I like basically everything. I actually cycled through putting platformers and platform fighters before I settled on JRPGs. I'm easy to please, I guess.

2: If only I had a time machine on me, 5 year old me could rattle on all day about prehistoric animals. I think the Quetzalcoalatl is really cool, it's bizarre to think something that big ever flew. There's also the Dimetrodon, and when it comes to dinosaurs I think my favorite is the Stegasaurus. The thing that intrests me most now is animals that I just barely missed out on, and would still be here if humans weren't so destructive. the Dodo, Pygmy Woolly Mammoths (they were alive while the pyramids were being built), the list goes on. And in the near future, animals like the Rhino and the Giant Salamander could very well be among them. It's sad, but I can't really do anything about it so that su

3: Sure. why not. i've never played resident evil so i'm probably missing out on comedy gold here.
Hey PeridotGX PeridotGX , why did you skip my and Janx_uwu Janx_uwu 's questions?
I'm only doing one post at a time. It spreads out the content, and gives me more time to think

KillerCage

Smash Master
4) Favorite platform fighter(s) excluding Smash?

5) Favorite platformer(s)?

6) Would you kill Ryu Hayabusa with kindness... and Waluigi??? :4pacman:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
1: I'm looking forward to BOTW 2, but I don't really know what I want out of it. I just want it to be as creative as the original. I guess I could say I want weapon durability increased (but not removed).
2: Aside from The Obvious One, I probably would have gone with a different SNK character. I don't mind Terry at all, but there has to be more unique options from the company. Maybe Iori?

3: I think an Indian region would be very interesting, and I'm surprised it wasn't what we ended up getting for Gen 9 (Spain is still pretty cool). Latin America, Greece, and Southeast Asia also have lots of potential. The selfish part of me kinda wants a redo on the Eastern United States, Unova didn't take nearly as much from it as all the 3D era regions took from their country.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I don't know how much longer this is gonna be open so i'll burn through all the remaining questions now.
1. Most wanted 1st Party retro character?
2. Do you appreciate Joke characters in Smash?
3. Favorite Nintendo franchise?
1: I think Muddy Mole would be neat.
2: Yes, I'd like to see more characters akin to plant in future games. Some random Pokemon from an old gen, or a forgettable kirby enemy that only appeared in one game. Obviously in moderation - i think blood vessels would pop if we got more than one or two.
3: The only thing I like more than Pokemon and Smash Bros, is complaining about Pokemon and Smash Bros!
1. Decidueye?
2. Deciduwhy?
2: Yes!
2: Deciduwynat?
4) Favorite platform fighter(s) excluding Smash?

5) Favorite platformer(s)?

6) Would you kill Ryu Hayabusa with kindness... and Waluigi??? :4pacman:
4) I haven't played any other platform fighters, aside from a tiny bit of NASB. I hope Fraymakers is good, I hope my $20 didn't go to waste.

5) Mario Maker 2 feels like a cop-out awnser, but I'm gonna have to go with it. I have a ludicrous amount of time in it. If that doesn't count, it's probably Sonic Mania or Mario Galaxy.

6) I have no idea what you are talking about. :yoshimelee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom