• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We Record Your Replays - Helpers Welcome.

yoshq

Smash Master
Alright tgk...finally have my replays uploaded for ya.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yejgznyimre

There are 33 in total. No hacks were used for any of these...but I DO have a question. If you have a replay that doesn't use the Name Tag/Taunt Text hack, will using those hacks on the replays actually be able to bring up those two? Just a random thought.

Also, I don't need these to be the highest quality. :3
no it doesn't bring anything up

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
It's typically not a good idea to diss your waiter @ fancy restaurant. Common courtesy and patience goes a long way, which is something I wish I could see a lot more from how some of you get.

Let's go through the mail, shall we...

Can i send more tomorrow? Because i ran out of points and i cant send anymore. >_>
I've added your Brawl FC and your Wii FC and haven't seen anything yet. I'll keep looking of course. For convenience's sake, sending me a VM when you are about to send them may help.

Is anyone working on recording mine? I want to get them up soon.
Keep reading...

Not very long after this...

I'll take these three.
Reading the thread helps a lot.

See above.

Alright tgk...finally have my replays uploaded for ya.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yejgznyimre

There are 33 in total. No hacks were used for any of these...but I DO have a question. If you have a replay that doesn't use the Name Tag/Taunt Text hack, will using those hacks on the replays actually be able to bring up those two? Just a random thought.

Also, I don't need these to be the highest quality. :3
When the code is enabled, it will show any tag that was written whilst the match was being played. If you didn't use a tag, then nothing will show.

These have been picked up.

Hey Man, Sorry Bout Those, Honestly, Those Were Just Going To Be Deleted, And I Was Going To Use The Good Ones, Next Time, I'll Filter Through... And Grab The Good Stuff, Kk? Thx... (And I Like Item's From Time-to-Time... =P There's No Rule Against That, Is There?)
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that your replays shouldn't have items.

We're a long way from Evo 2K8 with good reason.

Also, no CPU replays (there may be exceptions to this.)

You lied. :mad::mad:
Also, would it be alright with you if you just sent me the recorded replays? I can upload them myself.
What have they told you about assuming? Guess not that much.

Look, I like giving you guys some HD replays because it's a public service that all smashers should have. I know that monetary constraints and other factors sometimes keep that from happening, and that's OK. The one thing I would ask for all of you is to maintain a bit of patience while your videos are being made. I will update you of the status of your videos appropriately, and give you the links when your videos are completed.

Early on in my time here, I decided as a logistical improvement that when I receive several requests in short succession, that I would send the links en masse. There are several reasons for this;

1. Faster uploading times and decrease in overhead.
  2. Less fighting with Java. For those not in the know, there are some idiosyncrasies my computer has with certain aspects of Java, especially when it comes to uploading via Java interfaces. So, uploads take seconds (as with YouTube) or hours (like with Adrive). Minimizing the time I have to fight with such things results in a better return rate.
So, I have received about seven requests in about the past week. For those you whining that I'm dragging my feet...a picture is worth 1000 words:

I even put the date there so you know that I didn't doctor this.

FYI anything I put in this directory means that your replays have been fully rendered in Vegas.

Kaffei, since you've been b**ching the hardest, I want you to know this: I encoded your videos using Main Concept mp4s, which is the highest quality I can render these files. Makes you think twice about being an ingrate, no? ;)

Which leads to a more important point: I am now taking a Zero Tolerance Policy on Request Status for Replays. I will update you in a timely fashion, and get your replays done in a similar fashion. Any more "WAREZ MI RIPLYS?" will result in me not making them.

I really hope I am making myself crystal clear here.

Updates:
I have a request from Yoshq's heap that needs to be attended to (which I am making as I type this.) After that and Dash's, expect links to be coming shortly.

yoshq

Smash Master
that wasn't part of the policy... you need to just ignore when they post or something, not freak out. if it is at all possible, please consider forgetting about this new rule, which i only say this way because i can't change your mind, but this is entirely against the spirit of this thread.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
that wasn't part of the policy... you need to just ignore when they post or something, not freak out. if it is at all possible, please consider forgetting about this new rule, which i only say this way because i can't change your mind, but this is entirely against the spirit of this thread.
The last 15 requests I have gotten have had someone saying "Where are my replays?" Just have gotten sick of it. It's not freaking out, I'm just taking a page from the AE thread...

You know I've been good on updating people, sending links, and all that jazz. It hasn't changed any. I just want people to be a little more courteous to you, moblisq, and myself. Not asking much.

Oh, and I have made the raw files from your BFC request.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I was simply poking fun, don't get mad at me. :confused:
I realize that there are a lot of requests and some people ask for MANY replays at once, which I can empathize with.. sort of.
All in all, I really appreciate the service, so I'm sorry if my post made you feel bad. :S

yoshq

Smash Master
The last 15 requests I have gotten have had someone saying "Where are my replays?" Just have gotten sick of it. It's not freaking out, I'm just taking a page from the AE thread...

You know I've been good on updating people, sending links, and all that jazz. It hasn't changed any. I just want people to be a little more courteous to you, moblisq, and myself. Not asking much.

Oh, and I have made the raw files from your BFC request.
I just think denying people their replays is going a bit too far. And about the BFC thing, thanks and please make sure you get the download links either from youtube or adrive (although I don't know why you don't just always put them on youtube). And no rush, the guy is expecting it to take pretty long.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
K thanks guys. I just need download links to the finished projects when you get mine done?
There's a wall text above, so read that...

Links coming soon.

I was simply poking fun, don't get mad at me. :confused:
I realize that there are a lot of requests and some people ask for MANY replays at once, which I can empathize with.. sort of.
All in all, I really appreciate the service, so I'm sorry if my post made you feel bad. :S
Courtesy win.

I'm a nice guy, so I can let bygones be bygones.

For future reference: We work hard @ this. The one thing I (and perhaps the others) would ask is just for your patience.

I promise you will be updated in a timely fashion.

I just think denying people their replays is going a bit too far. And about the BFC thing, thanks and please make sure you get the download links either from youtube or adrive (although I don't know why you don't just always put them on youtube). And no rush, the guy is expecting it to take pretty long.
Don't get it twisted, I'm not denying anyone replays.

I will fully disclose hereinafter that I will update people in a timely fashion and get links out as fast as possible. The one requirement: A little more patience. It'll work out for the better. I promise. ;)

Comboking, apology accepted.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
There's a wall text above, so read that...

Links coming soon.

Courtesy win.

I'm a nice guy, so I can let bygones be bygones.

For future reference: We work hard @ this. The one thing I (and perhaps the others) would ask is just for your patience.

I promise you will be updated in a timely fashion.
Thanks for the update!

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
k and can you get the pal version of that code for me please?

and tgk you can do the rest of those replays^
Here,
Code:
Triple jump glitch fix [Phantom Wings, Spunit262, The Paprika Killer]
0485422C 38830003
I hope it will work :O

TreK

Is "that guy"
Hi, could it be possible to have a list of whose replays are coming before mine ? I would lurk like a mofo till it's my turn =D
I just wanna know when I should start the Diddy vs Wario matchup discussion on French boards actually.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Here,
Code:
Triple jump glitch fix [Phantom Wings, Spunit262, The Paprika Killer]
0485422C 38830003
I hope it will work :O
Adding those in a gct would be greatly appreciated (and make sure it's NTSC.)

After that, I can make these.

Hi, could it be possible to have a list of whose replays are coming before mine ? I would lurk like a mofo till it's my turn =D
I just wanna know when I should start the Diddy vs Wario matchup discussion on French boards actually.
As of my typing this, if I were to take this request, here's where'd you be on the line:

1. Max113
  2. Stark
  3. Red-X
  4. Stark
  5. Crash
  6. Dashmyoku
  7. Random BFC person
  8. Yours
The first five are awaiting upload, the next two have the raw files made.

So, it would be a few days, to say the least.

TreK

Is "that guy"
As of my typing this, if I were to take this request, here's where'd you be on the line:

1. Max113
  2. Stark
  3. Red-X
  4. Stark
  5. Crash
  6. Dashmyoku
  7. Random BFC person
  8. Yours

I was thinking YoshQ would answer since I gave him the replays last week, did he give you the files ?
If not, here they are .
I use no gameplay changing hacks as I mostly use my wii on lag-fi... This was the first time it was used offline so no no-tripping lol
That's the texture I use (striker Luigi instead of normal green Luigi)

TreK

Is "that guy"
Telu -> le GCT c'est le fichiers de codes : RSBP01.gct ou un truc du genre

I'd like my replays on megaupload too, if you mind.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I can download it from youtube in that case. Is there a reason he doesn't use MU ?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Don't mean to be a bother... Just to make sure, thegreatkazoo, are you going to upload my replays onto YouTube? I was wondering if I could just take the files.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
you can download them from youtube
Well, I don't want them to be uploaded because I didn't ask if my friend wanted to upload since I thought that I would be the one uploading them.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
What the
I didn't make a request o_O Aren't those ComboKing's replays? lol
Anywho, I'd like to have a short replay (about 1 min or less) recorded, it's just me doing True Pivots into stuff.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ztw2zymzzw1

Thanks in advance. =]
Picks this up...

**** tgk...you work fast. o.o

Greatly appreciated, though. :D
You're welcome.

here tgk if you wanted to do tele, i was gonna do it but that's ok if you want to. http://www.mediafire.com/?32zncm5w1a2
Yoshq has this.

If I understood the OP tgk only upload the videos on his youtube channel.
And since I'd like to have the videos for myself before uploading them I'd prefer if it was you who did it.

Moreover, I don't know what a gct is :/
See above.
I was thinking YoshQ would answer since I gave him the replays last week, did he give you the files ?
If not, here they are .
I use no gameplay changing hacks as I mostly use my wii on lag-fi... This was the first time it was used offline so no no-tripping lol
That's the texture I use (striker Luigi instead of normal green Luigi)
See above.

I can download it from youtube in that case. Is there a reason he doesn't use MU ?
Read the thread before you post.

you can download them from youtube
I will give the links per the user's request. I say this with this addendum: I archive all the replays I make to a backup hard drive. So, if you really want a copy, I can give you one.

Well, I don't want them to be uploaded because I didn't ask if my friend wanted to upload since I thought that I would be the one uploading them.
Does it really matter? :S

Don't mean to be a bother... Just to make sure, thegreatkazoo, are you going to upload my replays onto YouTube? I was wondering if I could just take the files.
Read the thread.

Oh, and GLL7...Yoshq is doing your replays.

Sangaera

Smash Rookie
Quick (noob) question...

I record some replays using Infinite Replay and Tags in Replays. I take out my SD card (with the codes) and the replays keep both the length and the tags.

No problems whatsoever if I send them in for recording, right? Just making sure.

Thanks.

comboking

Smash Master
Adding those in a gct would be greatly appreciated (and make sure it's NTSC.)

After that, I can make these.

1. Max113
  2. Stark
  3. ComboKing
  4. Stark
  5. Crash
  6. Dashmyoku
  7. Random BFC person
  8. Yours

Yeah RedX is right those are my replays. I want my files on Megaupload or anywhere I can download them. Please tgk?

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Quick (noob) question...

I record some replays using Infinite Replay and Tags in Replays. I take out my SD card (with the codes) and the replays keep both the length and the tags.

No problems whatsoever if I send them in for recording, right? Just making sure.

Thanks.
Once the codes are loaded from the SD card on Gecko, it doesn't matter what you do with the card.

However, if you turn off the Wii, you'll have to load them up again.

Sangaera

Smash Rookie
Once the codes are loaded from the SD card on Gecko, it doesn't matter what you do with the card.

However, if you turn off the Wii, you'll have to load them up again.
I just turned on my Wii without the SD card and started one of the Replays, it's got the tags and lasted longer than 3 minutes.

Don't know what to make of that, but if I do request a recording, I'd like to be able to keep it like that. Just taking precautionary measures.

yoshq

Smash Master
I just turned on my Wii without the SD card and started one of the Replays, it's got the tags and lasted longer than 3 minutes.

Don't know what to make of that, but if I do request a recording, I'd like to be able to keep it like that. Just taking precautionary measures.
everything stayes on the replays when you take hacks off, so they are recorded with tags and inf time

Kaffei

Smash Hero
@thegreatkazoo: Oh okay. Then would it be alright if you just labeled the titles as "MK vs ____"? :x I'm sorry if this is a bother, I really do appreciate the service, lol.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
if you guys want to voluntarily wait to have your replays done then i can do them about a week and a half in the future...
Not sure if I fully understood this sentence but if it means having to wait a week or so to have my 2 replays on MU then I'm ok.

dashmyoku

Smash Cadet
TGK, I'm alright with you uploading the videos to your channel...but how do I download them from your channel? I've tried to download other replays from youtube, but I never seem to find a download option. ._.

Top Bottom