• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We Record Your Replays - Helpers Welcome.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
TGK, I'm alright with you uploading the videos to your channel...but how do I download them from your channel? I've tried to download other replays from youtube, but I never seem to find a download option. ._.
I can download them for you and send you the files, if you like.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
TGK, I'm alright with you uploading the videos to your channel...but how do I download them from your channel? I've tried to download other replays from youtube, but I never seem to find a download option. ._.
NB I save a copy of every replay I happen to make that gets uploaded to my channel.

If you really want a copy, I can give you one. However, if you get the link and then post it on your own YT channel...don't do that.

I can download them for you and send you the files, if you like.
No, no, no. I got this. If I am ever in need of assistance, I will let you guys know.

Thanks.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
NB I save a copy of every replay I happen to make that gets uploaded to my channel.

If you really want a copy, I can give you one. However, if you get the link and then post it on your own YT channel...don't do that.

No, no, no. I got this. If I am ever in need of assistance, I will let you guys know.

Thanks.
Alright, no problem.

dashmyoku

Smash Cadet
I only need the actual videos so I can use the majority of 'em for a combo/crew video I'm tryin' to put together. And lol, I'd prefer it if I could have you upload my replays to my channel, but I'll let you do things your way. :3

comboking

Smash Master

Thanks.
Well it's kind of hard to get subscribers when it is posted on your Youtube page. Why do you need it on your account so bad tgk? That doesn't make any sense just because you recorded it we CAN'T upload it to our channel?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Can you guys shut the **** up and find a YouTube downloader program? It's not that hard to find. You should be ****ing happy that he's actually spending his time recording your crappy replays.

comboking

Smash Master
Can you guys shut the **** up and find a YouTube downloader program? It's not that hard to find. You should be ****ing happy that he's actually spending his time recording your crappy replays.
I'm still not able to upload it to my youtube account. How do I fix that?

comboking

Smash Master
tgk you give pretty good service i'm not going to lie but I would much rather have my video on my channel. Unless you have a good reson not to let me.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Not to complain, but I don't see why TGK can't just upload the files onto something like mediafire and post the links here. Wouldn't that be much easier?

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Answering a few questions.

I only need the actual videos so I can use the majority of 'em for a combo/crew video I'm tryin' to put together. And lol, I'd prefer it if I could have you upload my replays to my channel, but I'll let you do things your way. :3
I knew from the amount of videos that you sent that you were trying to make a combo video.

Rest assured, I will give you the links when the videos are complete.

Update: There are 8 more videos I have to make for you.

Well it's kind of hard to get subscribers when it is posted on your Youtube page. Why do you need it on your account so bad tgk? That doesn't make any sense just because you recorded it we CAN'T upload it to our channel?
Umm...actually it does make sense on a legal standpoint.

I recorded, edited, and rendered the videos, which makes them, in Youtube's eyes, mine.

I mentioned this before, but I will mention again as to why I press for videos on my channel (those that aren't CV obv. :012:)

Less fighting with Java. For those not in the know, there are some idiosyncrasies my computer has with certain aspects of Java, especially when it comes to uploading via Java interfaces. So, uploads take seconds (as with YouTube) or hours (like with Adrive). Minimizing the time I have to fight with such things results in a better return rate.
Now, I wish I could say this is as simple as updating Java or removing X program, but it isn't. Such outcomes are often OS or system dependent.

Which means, if I wanted this to be fixed, I could do the following:

1. Reinstall the OEM OS (Vista Home Premium).
  2. Install all necessary drivers for my laptop to work.
  3. Install Windows 7 Professional. NB This has to be a fresh OS install, meaning I lose all the drivers I installed in step 2.
  4. Install the drivers again.
  5. Install all the software I use.
I have had the misfortune of having to do this around a year ago (when I first got my laptop), and it took about an entire weekend. Now, I could do this again, or I could say...

it's because of upload speed of youtube compared with other sites.... ffs tgk you should just say that on the op
This. That's why. It's not to pump up my channel or everything, but it just makes the process a lot simpler for me.

In all honesty, I will state this much more clearly next time. Over the weekend I'll put up a new details section which states this. My apologies for any confusion this may cause.
Well, someone's redeemed themselves. :>

However, let's be civil about it though: I would implore for those not getting links via Adrive to drop your requests for links (and not to keepvid them to your channel). That would be doing a disservice to both you and I. If you are going to get videos, you should get the best.

Again, let me state that all replays that are going to be compiled for a combo video will always be given to you as links. Just don't lie about of course. ;)

lol www.keepvid.com ....................................................
That, if you truly want an archival copy.

NB I keep all videos I make that aren't given as links. Just saying. :011:

He told us not to do that. If he wouldn't have I wouldn't be complaining.
Read above.

tgk why cant they do that
Read above.

tgk you give pretty good service i'm not going to lie but I would much rather have my video on my channel. Unless you have a good reson not to let me.
Read above.

I don't want to make tgk's work go to waste though.
Yes, switching from TGK to YoshQ would be douchey after making him do a lot of the work. ._.
I'm giving you links, nothing to worry about.

oh i didn't know he did them already
Yep, I did.

Not to complain, but I don't see why TGK can't just upload the files onto something like mediafire and post the links here. Wouldn't that be much easier?
Read above.

In short: I'm sorry for any inconvenience my recording methodologies give to anyone, but it truly is the best way to make things work for everyone.

Maybe in few months I can get a new PC and not have to worry about this, but for now, I ask for your patience. I, in turn, will be turning out videos @ a breakneck rate.

Thanks.

Oh, and so everyone knows, here are the videos heading to my channel: Red-X, K4L, Max113.

These are the videos I am giving as links: Crash, Stark, dashmyoku, that BFC code guy.

Six more videos to go!

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
@thegreatkazoo: i'm uploading some of the fights you recorded for me to my youtube account. I'm uploading the ones i'm not using in my combo video. I hope you don't mind
That's cool.

I really didn't expect you to use every videos for the CV, just most of them.

dashmyoku

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the update TGK and for clearing up all the previous issues we all seem to had about uploading and links.

I've said it before, but your work on these videos is very much appreciated. ^^

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Who cares about the legal crap i just want a video on my channel.
youre not grasping this are you.

put simply - TGK MADE THE VIDEOS. HE RECORDED THEM. BY ANY MEANS, THOSE VIDEOS BELONG TO HIM. HE CAN CHOSE TO UPLOAD THEM TO HIS CHANNEL IF HE WANTS TO, BECAUSE THEYRE HIS VIDEOS. THIS IS WHY HE WONT UPLOAD TO YOUR CHANNEL.

or something like that i dunno lol

and if you want it on your channel that bad, just download the video using a youtube download and reupload it. simple. no more *****ing pl0x lol

comboking

Smash Master
OK so if I have YoshQ record them then I can put them on my channel? If that is the case than I would rather have him do my replays for now on. i want those files tgk for a combo video.

Yung Mei

OK so if I have YoshQ record them then I can put them on my channel? If that is the case than I would rather have him do my replays for now on. i want those files tgk for a combo video.
don't be a douchebag to these guys other wise they wont do your videos at all.

Anyways, i dont see what the problem is with letting Kazoo upload them to his channel, then downloading them using a downloader. saves a ****load of time >.>

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Who cares about the legal crap i just want a video on my channel.
It's not because I want the vids on my channel (though being the creator of the content is a very high reason for them to stay on my channel), it's because of the Java.

Right now, I am currently fighting to get videos onto Adrive. I'm kinda losing that game. :rolleyes: The less I have to do this, the better.

Again, I can give you some keepvid links for archival purposes, but I will ask that you don't upload said links. That's just not a good look.

dashmyoku

Smash Cadet
Rules aren't so bad, but Rules are no reason to fly off your rocker over something that hardly matters.

You gonna die without those replays? Is your world gonna end because you can't let others see your brand of "awesomeness" in Brawl?

Nah...all of this is for entertainment purposes, nothing more. And even more so, it's not a good thing to bite that hand that's helping you out of the kindness of his being. Seriously... >.>

All I can say is grow up. ._.

Yung Mei

Rules aren't so bad, but Rules are no reason to fly off your rocker over something that hardly matters.

You gonna die without those replays? Is your world gonna end because you can't let others see your brand of "awesomeness" in Brawl?

Nah...all of this is for entertainment purposes, nothing more. And even more so, it's not a good thing to bite that hand that's helping you out of the kindness of his being. Seriously... >.>

All I can say is grow up. ._.
This.

anywho, TGK, i might have quite a number of replays i would like to get recorded over the summer. just giving ya a heads up ^.^

Top Bottom