• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We R Bottom Tire!!!1

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
I don't know why the link board is complaining. -_-

At least your character has some stuff to throw at people in this defensive campy game.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
We're complaining? Most people here said they were cool with him being low/bottom tier.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Yes. We don't like being under Ganon. Our goal is to be above Ganon. That's it. I'll be happy after that.

Twilght Link

Smash Journeyman
Ganon? Better than Link?? Hyrule is doomed.......posted by someone else lol but yeah Link is still the coolest character in the game ^_^

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
aww, Falcon Is Worse Than Link Xd, I Wanted Link To Be The Worst Character In The Game..... Oh Well.

Ok, Now That The Tier List Is Finally Up, I Can Finally Go **** With Link. Watch The Confusion At Tournaments As Link Takes First At Every Major Tournament From Here On Out =p. I Just Needed Him To Be At The Bottom For My Plan To Succeed ^_^.
Link For First Place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finns7

Smash Ace
I need to start going to tourneys, the transportaion part is the problem. These rinky dink small tourneys arent doing me any justice.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Well, if nothing else this proves that good Link mains are a lot quicker and more clever than our button-repeating counterparts-- enter Falco and King DDD.

Honestly, I don't think they've underestimated Link as a character that much- playing a character that has such an atrocious recovery really depends on the player themselves. A good Link needs to be able to pull together decent combos and quickly predict opponents moves.
A Link player truly depends only on his own ability to adapt to the playstyle of his opponent. And as Sakurai himself said, Link's various weaponry "allow him to adapt to the ebb and the flow of battle."

Remember, though, that it is not the player's versatility that the BR's are measuring- it is the character's abilities to KO opponents without giving the opponents a chance to fight back that makes the BR's rate characters such as DDD and MK above the rest. They're predicting the character played at max efficiency, not in mindgaming.

I'm entering the competitive scene myself soon (I hope to post vids, or at least results when I do), but really there will be nothing I can do to improve Link's standing- the only thing I'll prove is that I can mindgame the heck out of opponents with any given character, rather than just Link.

Leon945

Smash Apprentice
I want to get Link higher but I need help learning some moves. I can beat people but it's a struggle. The only move I know that you guys talk about on here is Link's zair. Do online tourneys count cause I entered a couple?

darkNES386

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz7f_iYrRDk&feature=user This is a recent vid of my link. Ill be entering a top level competitive tourney on the 13th. I plan on being the first to show what a true link main can do here in the midwest.
At 45 seconds, was that the smooth boots AT that lead you into the fsmash?

ZOMG, like... I just watched the tutorial video by the Link player from Sweden. Um... why am I not seeing more links in tournaments? What exactly holds Link back? I'm a Sonic main since day 1. I understand that despite all the ATs that Sonic has... they mean squat if not applied properly and even then his horrible priorit hurts him against certain play styles. What's Link's "bad reputation"?

4Serial

Smash Lord
Link's worst know quality is his EXTREMELY poor recovery which is what is keeping him back from doing better in the competitive scene. It becomes so noticable when you're facing a character that heavily relies on edguarding and gimping strategies to win, like MK, Kirby, DDD...... lol

btw, that was pivot sliding. I honestly think that "smooth boots" is a really useless Link technique. Pivot sliding is amazing.

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
Man after playing with Link today for a while, I can't believe he is second from the bottom. Apart from his recovery, he's alright!

Fast falling Nair's is magic.

D

Deleted member

Man after playing with Link today for a while, I can't believe he is second from the bottom. Apart from his recovery, he's alright!

Fast falling Nair's is magic.
yes we know thanks

Legan

Smash Lord
At 45 seconds, was that the smooth boots AT that lead you into the fsmash?

ZOMG, like... I just watched the tutorial video by the Link player from Sweden. Um... why am I not seeing more links in tournaments? What exactly holds Link back? I'm a Sonic main since day 1. I understand that despite all the ATs that Sonic has... they mean squat if not applied properly and even then his horrible priorit hurts him against certain play styles. What's Link's "bad reputation"?
That was my signature boomerang to ftilt combo. Like many before me have said, the only thing holding our buddy link back is his recovery. Some gimps are just extremely hard to avoid. Play a very good wario that knows that he can just jump off the stage and touch you with the tip of his shoe and you're dead. Or a charizard that knows that his Fair off the stage is **** against link. We all know what MK can do to him. DDD is just rediculous, especially if you've played as many ***gy ones that I have. That being said, alot of people just havent played a link that is good/creative enough to find a way around these things.

To Brutos: It's the upcoming Midwest circuit in Indiana.

lilmister

Smash Apprentice
Well good luck to you legan! Show how much of a kick arse character Link is!
Pfft to Link being low tier...that just gives bragging rights to Link users who can really kick some arse!

neji32

Smash Lord
Why is he lower than ganon dorf 0_0
i will never understand that

That was my signature boomerang to ftilt combo. Like many before me have said, the only thing holding our buddy link back is his recovery. Some gimps are just extremely hard to avoid. Play a very good wario that knows that he can just jump off the stage and touch you with the tip of his shoe and you're dead. Or a charizard that knows that his Fair off the stage is **** against link. We all know what MK can do to him. DDD is just rediculous, especially if you've played as many ***gy ones that I have. That being said, alot of people just havent played a link that is good/creative enough to find a way around these things.

To Brutos: It's the upcoming Midwest circuit in Indiana.
DDD ***** link 0_o
I have never foughten a dd that has beaten me. Let alone ***** me. I dont know what DDD has against link but i always thought link acceled against heavy weights. I never had a problem with chars that were big, it seemed like i could combo them and attack them really easy and it gave me the advantage but maybe thats just me and i fight bad players =/

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
For one thing DDD has the chaingrab, and that can pretty easily send Link off the stage (seriously. Don't get grabbed by him at all). The next thing is his Waddle-Dees. Those really kill Link's recovery. Lastly, DDD has many moves that can rack up damage pretty quick which makes Link play the defensive game. Just getting close to DDD at all could mean doom.

Granted Link isn't completely outclassed, just that Link can't afford for DDD to get close, while at the same time apply pressure on DDD so he doesn't spam those Waddle-Dees. It's pretty hard for Link to do both at once.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Yeah, my friend switched from a Sonic main to a D3 and he's plays better. He's a counterattacker that anticipates for a shield grab. Luckily, he doesn't bother to learn to CG. lol

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
pretty much this, Link's a terrible character (quite obvious) but I play him because I like him.

Since brawl came out I've drifted away from competitive brawl and looked upon it as a fun game, and in doing so it hasn't displeased me yet. I hate the tiers, but it's a character system that works very very efficiently whether I like it or not.
THATS THE SPRIT :chuckle:

neji32

Smash Lord
For one thing DDD has the chaingrab, and that can pretty easily send Link off the stage (seriously. Don't get grabbed by him at all). The next thing is his Waddle-Dees. Those really kill Link's recovery. Lastly, DDD has many moves that can rack up damage pretty quick which makes Link play the defensive game. Just getting close to DDD at all could mean doom.

Granted Link isn't completely outclassed, just that Link can't afford for DDD to get close, while at the same time apply pressure on DDD so he doesn't spam those Waddle-Dees. It's pretty hard for Link to do both at once.
really? but if you take out a bomb then jump, the D3 will throw the waddle dee and it will knock you up ward right? then you can up B and wether or not you make it, you will the bomb will save you and it will throw the ddd off guard from doing farther damage.........i just need to fight a good D3

4Serial

Smash Lord
... DDD is one of the strongest Link counters. Probably second only to Falco. Like people have mentioned, the chaingrab makes it incredibly easy to get people off the stage and edgeguard them. DDD's b-air will **** Link from there.... On stage, there are waddle dees that will stop your projectile game. DDD can stage gimp you with his swallow attack. Seriously, if you get b-aired and don't have your double jump, you're ****ed. DDD's grab range is insane btw.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I need to find a tourney DX Montage is too good. I'll have to get past that if I want to do anything good for Link.

Link_hero_Tubs

Smash Rookie
while DDD does **** link with bair and grab ... you can lay down some hefty beatings on him with well timed projectiles and zair spacing. i know everyone hates to hear this .. but yea dont get grabbed lol, i just try not to fall for shiled grab set ups. usually a Zair while jumping backwards keeps me well spaced from his grab attempts .. DDD is tricky and does indeed coutner link

Top Bottom