• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We ought to look at some things.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Spindash cancel utilt/usmash are just easy buffers. When sonic hits that slope right, you can do whatever you want. He is just sliding in a neutral position.

YI:M has been my favorite stage for a while, so I made a vid after the new ruleset came out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_7oKz1aws8

Sonic is SO fast on this stage, spindash becomes almost as versatile as running due to being able to cancel it all over the stage. He also has iSDR on the pipes.

But, yea people probably won't take this stage seriously.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
yo, you arent allowed here anymore, seeing as apparently, youre too good for video games.

dont you have some shoe shopping to do with youre girl? seeing as youre obviously P whipped now.

infomon

Smash Scientist

Tesh

Smash Hero
I read somewhere (may have been the Yoshi boards) that you can drop through platforms directly from your shield. Its just a shieldcancel then a platform drop. But when I slowed it down, I never actually saw his shield come up.

Tesh

Smash Hero
If you figure out a good way of doing that, let me know. If you notice in the video, I always double jump then ASC. I was having alot of trouble timing it right with my double jump.

I actually didn't move my control stick to do the platform drop down. I just pressed a smash to buffer an aerial as I hit the platform. When I was too early, I was buffering a double jump aerial. When I was too late I would always spotdodge or roll (and it was much easier to do right with Up Air).

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
The timing is a little difficult but with practice can be learned and perfected. The height from the buffer in which you have to input the buffer looks to be about at Sonic's standing height, maybe a little lower than that like where his eyes are or something.

One problem I was encountering after a successful drop was doing an aerial w/o fastfalling on accident. Just tap down once for the buffer then release the control stick and if done right, you can do any aerial without being cut short by the land lag. With the exception of fair and dair.

Easiest way for me to do it is as soon as you release the ASC, hold shield. Then it's all in timing and placement.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yea I was having trouble fast falling as well, I still have yet to successfully go through the entire ASC drop down uair autocancel. And the hitbox on back air doesn't even come out if you fast fall on the battlefield platforms.

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
I applied the "gentle" input and I've gotten the timing down to being able to do it nearly every time now.

I even practiced it on the platform on SV and tried other mixups using the platform drop.

If only I could record so I could make a vid of this. Nevertheless, it would be nice if we could get some clarifications on the placement and the number of frames you have to do it by. Sadly, I lack the resources to get exact calculations on that plus I'm just plan bad at it XP.

Tesh

Smash Hero
If you get anything, I can record it if you just upload the replay files or something.

The SV platform seems like it would be a pointless venture. Its possible to drop through, double jump then platform cancel, but I doubt that takes less time than just shield canceling and dropping your shield (PC has landing lag).

Though being able to move through the platform and back up smoothly would definitely add some tricks.

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, although I don't see it being as useful as the BF platforms or the YI platform, there may be some tricks that can develop with at least the mobility of SV's platform.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
OMG that move is lookin cute as fk. No lie.

also, you guys didnt even notice... if youre landing and dropping through a platform, that means instead of just aerialing, you get your double jump back. Which is HUGE.

I think BF just became a sonic counterpick.

Tesh

Smash Hero
At the end of the video, you can see I double jump ASC-spinshot. It looks cool, but you get your double jump back the moment you land. I don't see much of a reason you drop down (thus losing your first jump) then double jump. Unless you are positioning yourself to shield poke someone on the platform.

You can ASC, drop down, spinshot, platform cancel and then attack from the other side of the platform. Sort of like a way to cross-up by going under. I don't think I have the tech skill to manage that, but I'd love to have it on video.

If you want to land a double hit ASC then drop down, you have to slide the control stick from down to forward then gently back down. But for a single hit, if you knock them off the platform, you may be able to beat them to the ground and jablock. Perhaps even a good way to dair semi spike people from on stage (ASC drop down-dair as they fall off the platform).

Tesh

Smash Hero
I was talking about SV tricks that may be possible.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Isn't that a guide for airdodging into the ground? I think he is just telling people how to land on the platform, not just on the stage. Anyone with a high double jump should be able to do that. Falco also rises and falls fast so....

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I doubt it. Sonic's double jump doesn't seem to be that high.

Edit: This platform dropping from an ASC business is murdering my palms. I've been struggling to pull it off, but I've gotten it here and there.

I'll try the c-stick method Tesh mentioned, but I've been doing what Rave's been doing. I just buffer a down input right before I land, and it works.

It's just tough to learn the timing for it.

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I can land it almost every time now in training mode. But in the heat of a match I can't ever seem to find the correct moment or timing to pull it off.

I may try it in a match at my tourney tomorrow, or at least practice using it in a match.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Don't try to force it to work, get it down slow in friendlies against actual opponents then when you are really comfortable apply it in matches that count.

I only hope I wasn't too slow to tell you this.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
yo Susa be on this tip since 08 lol. Ish is freakin tyte though. If you do it right you can just keep doing it and go around BF. too funny

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Also im going to hit up Susa because i do think theres a way to cancel the ledge drop as well essentially making a perfect cancel. I think i just did it once let me try to recreate it. Susa used to do this crap all day.

Miss that guy.

EDIT: Japan does it again.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ar2M4iiB-g

When you get this down guys, try this. ASC PDT > platform cancel.
and for lolz platform cancel> instant platform drop> platform cancel> instant platform drop> etc. it looks freakin tyte.

*these are for moving platforms

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's easy Speed. I've gotten the SpinDash > Cancel & Platform drop down.
It's just a matter of sensitivity to the analog stick.

Also, platform cancels are pretty cool.

ASC PDT? Did I miss an acronym meeting, or something?

Top Bottom