• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We need your thoughts!

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
Just thought y'all might want to know, the PT boards are having a heated discussion with some of ye Kirby's in our boards, and we need to know you opinion of the matchup! The thread is called "So...which pokemon does Kirby destroy the worst?" Y'all should have fun joining the flame war ;). Jk, but have fun helping set the matchup straight!

Vermy

Smash Champion
If kirby's gotten his hands on bullet seed, game over ivysaur and game over charizard.

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
lol, nice thread, i'll post there later.
And i agree with vermiis, bullet seed owns Charizard and Ivysaur, and Squirtle is light, Fsmash can kill him pretty early.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
The problem is, I've never played a good PT, and as such can only offer very rudimentary opinions which may or may not be wrong (and are already in the matchup thread).

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Kirby usually ***** PT, unless he's retardly awesome and/or you're retardedly bad. Here's my advice:

Squirtle: He's the toughest of the bunch. He's fast and is difficult to gimp (due to his up-b). If he withdraws, use fsmash to push him backwards (and probably offstage). Try to get above him when he uses him up-b and bair or dair. If he's not in his up-b, try for a bair or a dair (still), but you can do it a bit more freely. Another method is to wait his stamina out until he has to switch to Ivy. There's no real fool-proof way to win this one. Maybe 50-50.

Ivy: You'll wanna take his power, then give him a bit of damage and knock him offstage. Even mediocre edguarding will kill him. 65-35.

Charizard: Also very easy. You're light and agile, he's big and slow. Focus mainly on your tilts here to maximize your speed advantage. The only thing you really need to watch out for is his rock smash, but nothing really bad right here. I'd say even easier than ivy. 75-35.

Overall, I'd say 65-35.

All the information is based on what I solely have seen, and that's, maybe, 30 brawls vs him. I don't have much experience, but the PT's I played were AWESOME.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I've not had much PT experience, but still... Squirtle really shouldn't be using withdraw and the other two shall use mainly moves that outrange you. That and it's not that hard to switch pokemons safely.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I've not had much PT experience, but still... Squirtle really shouldn't be using withdraw and the other two shall use mainly moves that outrange you. That and it's not that hard to switch pokemons safely.
I know about the withdraw, the PT never used it. Just wanted to add that in. You can DI out of Ivy's bullet seed pretty easily, same with his neutral a. You can also, if you can get there, add in a d or utilt when they come out of the change to set up some comboes. Charizard doesn't really have an attack that outranges you (unless you say flamethrower, which can be copied and has less range than FC). Ivy really only has his side-b to outrange you (which he can't exactly spam), and then his b and neutral a, which you can escape pretty easily (as I previously said). I don't really have much trouble vs PT's, even ones that are much better than me.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Wrong. Ivy can outrange *most* of our moves with his Bair and Fair, (maybe his Dtilt too?), and his UpB, but that one's quite situational.

Charizard however outranges us for sure with FF and Fair, I believe he outranges even our Bair with his Bair (though I could be wrong), and his Ftilt has decent range too.

Yoshi-Kirby

Smash Journeyman
Kirby destroys Charizard mainly cuz of weight + grab combos, has a little advantage of Ivysaur cuz Kirby can copy Bullet seed, but Ivy has range, and Squirtle, I would say, is even with Kirby cuz Squirtle has speed and can disrupt Kirby, especially with Up-B, but he's light, and Kirby can easily kill light characters.

Dual Kirby

Smash Apprentice
kirby can destroy charizard because of his speed advantage ivysaur shouldnt be too much of a problem and you want to take his power as well. Now squirtle might give you some trouble if your faceing a cheap PT hes small and fast so he can be hard to hit sometimes

Top Bottom