• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We are destined to meet in battle! - Wolf+

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
This isn't the topic for this discussion and I'm sorry I brought it up. Discuss it elsewhere (preferably when the Nightly comes out)

P.S. Sneak, the change isn't coming cause Wolf can't deal with Falco. A decent chunk of the cast can't counterattack a good Falco that wants to laser camp.

I repeat, this isn't the topic for Fox and Falco's illusion. If you make a further post about the illusions I'll do EVERYTHING in my power to get you modded. Wait for the Nightly or talk about it in IRC.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Thank you goodoldganon. Lets try to focus more on the current code set because you will get infraction or warnings or some sort of punishment if you talk about changing characters. This is Wolf discussion currently on Fox :)

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Currently fox wins. In the future, fox will still win, unless they decide that to go even more nerf crazy v.v

Yingyay

Smash Ace
I think I will ban Pokemon stadium every single tournament regardless of who I am facing. I can't stand the ledge.
There is no ledge, thats the secret to that stage >_> I hae it myself. I won some BS matches against people better than me cuz of that stage. Blow to the ego >_>

Palpi

Smash Hero
Got some questions for fox players. Will a wolf have to grab more or will the fox have to grab more or change the style of play to have a better chance for victory in this match-up or will it mainly consist of the same?

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
So has anyone found a legit usage for dash attack? I have done a couple times in a row, but Wolf is too slow to tech chase and its range is too poor to approach with it or even change the pace of things. I havn't really found it useful.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
i use dash attack to combo depending on DI... usually i approach with dairs and it kinda works... i do dairs to uptilt and usually it works and if they DI follow up wit dash attack then up airs

rinoH

Smash Lord
yeah the best approach for Wolf is bair dair is prtty predictable since you have to be above them to hit them

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
yeah the best approach for Wolf is bair dair is prtty predictable since you have to be above them to hit them
true, but its just an option... Im not saying you have to use the same approach everytime, you can implement mindgames and mix-ups also. But at times approaching with dair is pretty useful, especially when u space it to land behind them

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I don't find dair to be that useful as an approach, really. The only way to consistently land the move in my experience is as a punisher, usually after baiting them or on a techchase. Occasionally, if I just want a dair -> upB combo, I'll play around with SHs, FJs, and DJs trying to get an opening, which after a while will usually net me one, but... it's nothing to rely on. Spacing bairs is way safer and leads into edgeguarding (or an outright kill if they're at that high of a percent), but upB kills are too cool so I do it anyway. =p

GuruKid

Smash Ace
true, but its just an option... Im not saying you have to use the same approach everytime, you can implement mindgames and mix-ups also. But at times approaching with dair is pretty useful, especially when u space it to land behind them
I'm with this dude. Dair is Wolf's way to show his manliness.

BeefStewlol

Smash Rookie
Wolf's Dair is most deffinately useful. it just cant be used at any given time. its a tough approach, as leafgreen said, you kinda gotta lead your oppenent into it with a tech chase or something of the nature. oce you punish their predictable techs with a dair they are caught in one of wolfs **** juggles :)
IMO: its a great punisher as well as stricky approach (especially with my play style).

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Does anyone know the reason Wolf's pummel was made twice as fast?
It looks awesome but, it takes two pummels to do 1% damage. So I usually mash the A button as fast as possible upon getting a grab.
Another thing, Wolf doesn't counter Yoshi like he used to...

eisley

Smash Cadet
I would say that's a good thing since it means brawl+ is doing its job. :laugh:
I mean, bad for wolf, but at least it wasn't flip flopped and had yoshi counter wolf.
The counter might have been softened but it still there right?:confused:

Revven

FrankerZ
Does anyone know the reason Wolf's pummel was made twice as fast?
It looks awesome but, it takes two pummels to do 1% damage. So I usually mash the A button as fast as possible upon getting a grab.
Another thing, Wolf doesn't counter Yoshi like he used to...
Hitlag was lowered to 50% for awhile and then we bumped it up to 60% hitlag. The pummel shouldn't be fast anymore if you try to mash it. If you're still on 4.1 official, that's okay, I'm sure 4.2 will be official eventually with the changed hitlag. It wasn't an intentional speed up, it just got sped up because of hitlag being lowered.

How is the Yoshi vs. Wolf match-up? I mean to say, how was it in Brawl and how did Brawl+ change it?

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
How is the Yoshi vs. Wolf match-up? I mean to say, how was it in Brawl and how did Brawl+ change it?
lulz, Wolf was one of Yoshi's TOUGHEST in vBrawl. Yoshi can't egg spam cuz of reflector, and he has all kinds of problems approaching Wolf.
Like, one of my friends is godly with Yoshi, but against my ok Wolf, he has all kinds of problems, for the reasons stated above. Just timing blaster and fsmash seems to be so effective.
But in Brawl+, somehow, its just a lot easier for Yoshi to get in Wolf's face and get him off the stage. The match-up is far more even.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
nah wolf is definately A tier i hardly ever get gimped and i play with marth and meta all the time

one of my favorite comboes around 20 percent or so is dair<utilt<usmash<uair<bair<bair

that does like 80 damage setting them up for a kill but sometimes it doesnt work because of DI

stingers

Smash Obsessed
here's some vids of my wolf...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ekVkzGUamA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PubaP-gRuU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRJMWpzmCQ0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZD0Jotopas

i've only been using him for like...2 weeks now...so go easy on me

for discussion...does anyone else ever have trouble getting the fair to autocancel from a short hop? it's like...melee shdl timing strict. i can never do it with the cstick it seems :( and i use the cstick for everything usually.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I usually do stuff like that with c-stick too but I was unable to with Wolf's fair, so I taught myself to do it with Y + forward A (I always use X to jump but I couldn't for this so it took some time). I can do it fairly consistently now but I still have to think about it when I'm doing it, which is a problem sometimes.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
X+Forward A is how I do it too but yeah I have to think beforehand and it slows me down

which defeats the whole purpose of wanting to do the move as fast as possible and react quickly

i got a nice fair to fair at 0% on his jiggs in our 2nd match but thats all i really did with it because i wasnt thinking fast enough

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It's like this game requires practicing tech skill or something...

at least a little.

Top Bottom