• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Way of Mind

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
We all know Fox is a great character (had to throw that out there)
But im sure all of us as Fox mainers have our moves we hardly or dont use.
Which is why I bring this thread up.
What are your moves you hardly use?, because it seems the way you think of how to use your moves that you hardly use brings to a whole new level of killing and combos.
I'll list the three moves i hardly use Uair, Bair, Illision
I as mess around with those moves I found
1) Bair has a hitbox infront of Fox which makes a great mixup approach for certain characters (Ganon,Captain Falcon, Samus, Link, Zelda/Shiek, Bowser, Falco, Lucario, Ike, Snake, King DEDEDE, Wolf, Peach,Charizard, and Marth) of course you have to SH your Bair.
2) Uair is approach I now see if you fast fall it when you SH (can hit anyone) my new alt for smaller character that cant be hit by that hitbox infront of Fox with his Bair
3) Bair can have lagless land use the Bair when you hear the hit or hear swoosh you fast fall for an Auto Cancel
4) Illsion can be used for fast egde hogging for people who cant pull of the speed Hugging
5) Since most Fox Players (dont quote me on this) dont think of using their Bair for certain Events like instead of doing a simple thing like most would expect like while they are flying you running up to them and Nair/Fair, Run a little bit past them and jump Bair them to throw them off guard (like a metion earlier that Bair has a hitbox infront of Fox i think that can Sweet spot too I am not sure, I have a Vid of it but I dont have the recording equipment to put it on Youtube)

I will be update this thread frequently Advice or asking for help I dont mind

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
I find out of Fox's moves I use his dtilt the least, you're really missing out on a huge part of Fox's game if you don't use his bair a LOT, I get probly 5/10 kills from Usmash, 3/10 from bairs, and the rest are are shinespikes or drill-gimps. You can /live/ without using his uair, but it's also good when you need to make that push from 50% to 90%, as even in brawl with practice you'll find yourself hitting a couple times. Uair can be a big asset on stages like battlefield if you don't have the 3 frames to set up a bair (which I'd prefer).

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I find out of Fox's moves I use his dtilt the least, you're really missing out on a huge part of Fox's game if you don't use his bair a LOT, I get probly 5/10 kills from Usmash, 3/10 from bairs, and the rest are are shinespikes or drill-gimps. You can /live/ without using his uair, but it's also good when you need to make that push from 50% to 90%, as even in brawl with practice you'll find yourself hitting a couple times. Uair can be a big asset on stages like battlefield if you don't have the 3 frames to set up a bair (which I'd prefer).
Well I use Bair where it seems fit for a kill but im talking about using during the time you or your might not expect it

soul ark

Smash Ace
i realize that the bair is essential it just so much easier to just upsmash. something im also doing more often (or at least attempting) is fire fox it can be use offensively and it catches a whole lot of people off guard.

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
Upsmash cant hit people at double jump height.

and I love that someone else likes to toss in a firefox as an offensive weapon, it does ~20%, it's NEVER expectec, and its just another thing your opponent now needs to avoid.

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
Hilarious story, I actually KO'd Sonic with my illusion before.

He spring jumped up and DI'd to the right, I jumped on the spring and illusioned to the right, which star KO'd him xD

IDK

Smash Lord
i KO'd olimar as an intentional SD with illusion. i was about to upb and he was hanging on his tether before he pulled up and he didn't expect it so fell to his death. i lol'd.

soul ark

Smash Ace
there nothing funnier then an illusion ko unless you taunt and the person kill themselves but that wouldn't be funny that would be godly

slyfox702

Smash Rookie
You can taunt with Snake near the edge, and when he comes out of it,
the box will fall off the stage and spike the person trying to get back.... sometimes.

pepin

Smash Cadet
dude how can you not use the bair is like chewbacca but not as sexy as him

I actually use every move he has: if I need space I use ftilt, if the dude is a small target and my dair wont combo as good I use dtilt>fair, if the dude is coming from off stage and he is up and he is not cool I uair kill him, if I am off stage and the dude is like man cookies are good :) I fox illusion him and then usmash kill him, if the dude is off stage far and down and my shine won't be too sexy I bair kill him, and if he is down and close enought to shine him well I shine him, I even use all the taunt all of them are freat and make the dude angry like "come on" and the dude is like man I kill you!!!! and he kills you is great all of fox is great is exactly why I use him
fox rulz

D

Deleted member

dtilt
uthrow

the most worthless moves fox has

all his other moves serve a purpose

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
The only move I don't have much of a use for is the U-throw, the opponent cannot be controlled. other than that, I use all the other moves. Usually it depends on the opponent since I change my tactics for every player/character,
sometimes D-air-> U-tilt doest work and I have to figure out something else, like N-air+fastfall-> D-tilt

§witch

Smash Lord
Dtilt is probably my least used fox move, it's to slow and plenty of other moves are better than it in any given situation.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I actually like dtilt as an option. I like the delay on it...it actually makes it set up pretty nicely, as the opponent thinks they can avoid it and gets hit anyway....

Of course it's situational, but I like it...especially after the rapid jab, when it comes out. it's ok...

now uthrow, I can't really salvage... I mean...it's nice to get them in the air and all, but...yeah, no thanks.

Top Bottom