• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavebouncing with aura sphere.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Has anyone else mastered it? You can wavebounce (I think its called wavebounce)
with force palm, but you would all know that it is possible to do this with aura sphere. Do it the same way with force palm and all. C-stick specials and ( you know the rest.)
if you mingle with the c-special, you should be able to find out how. I did.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
You don't have to have a special c-stick to wavebounce. You can keep it on smash. There's a thread about doing it the tactical discussion. Search for it for more SCIENCE powers. (So that's what it feels like to do that.....)

Milln

Smash Champion
I have. We call it Psuedo-sticking around here because wavebounce is a stupid name.

Milln(Me) can psuedo-stick without setting his c-stick to specials.

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
I think wavebouncing (ugh, what a horrible name, I'd much rather call it SCIENCE!ing) requires a shift in momentum, whereas b-reversals only require you to turn around and do your B attack. I may be wrong, I'm not very well acquainted with Brawl technique names, I just play the game X^D

iLink

Smash Champion
I always do it for the lulz. It doesn't have too much use except for a surprise attack. I always psuedo-stick sense I like my c-stick too much

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
wavebouncing is over rated except for a few select situations, like DK's grounded footstool combo.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
I use it for fake cross-ups when my opponent shows shield. If you have the mindset to be ready to do it at all times when you connect Fair to shield you can > psuedo-stick > shield/roll cancel > anything. If you mess up you end up dropping AS charge behind their shield, and you can just roll to the other side, away to retreat, or shield cancel it.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
Hehe no way, but i am condsidering a possible double main beside D3, and i'm just dedicating myself to him briefly to try and help to further the meta-game.
thats cool, thats what i want to do myself, main the two tops of high tier and all that good advancing metagame stuff too

edit: i forgot marth is top of high tier.... bah, humbug to marth:mad:
edit2: i'm horrible, i also forgot wario.:embarrass

Samuelson

Smash Lord
I wavebounce all the time with AS. It's really good for baiting Fsmash's and just staying unpredictable. If you run away from your opponent, they aren't going to expect an AS being shot at them. It's useful but not game changing in any way.

Wavebouncing is the official term? Huh. I just used pseudo-sticking. If you played Melee competitively, then it's not too difficult to do, but I would understand why one might have trouble doing it at first. B-sticking's not for me though. Can't stand it...

I like to 'wavebounce' behind my opponent when they do a dash attack and reverse pseudo-stick the AS into their face. It's awesome. Kind of hard to describe, but it's cool. Or PS the AS(Ahaha!) into them to get some AS charge on them and replenish moves/follow-up.

Milln

Smash Champion
I was under the impression that "wavebouncing" was impossible to do with Melee's mechanics.

Lucarioowl

Smash Apprentice
Yes I wavebounce with the AS as well it is a very useful mindgame and all lucario users should do it.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Meh, not a fan. It's not hard to do persay, but I dislike the changing of controls, just to get the "B'stick".

If it's useful, by all means, just know, having to input your set of controls to a name, during a tourney (6+ wii's at least) gets annoying.
-t2

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Well in theory you could jump backwards and FP wavebounce forwards and catch 'em by surprise. I know how to wavebounce, but I never do it in a match. Incorporating that into my game is the next step for me.

I meant that if you played Melee competitively then your fingers should be well trained for fast controller input, so therefore wavebouncing, at least for me, has never been really difficult. Sorry if I confused you Miln. :)

I don't like b-sticking though. It takes away the c-stick when you can use it for aerials and smashes occasionally. And 'wavebounced' FP is probably not a good idea.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Meh, not a fan. It's not hard to do persay, but I dislike the changing of controls, just to get the "B'stick".

If it's useful, by all means, just know, having to input your set of controls to a name, during a tourney (6+ wii's at least) gets annoying.
-t2
You can do it without changing the controls at all

@Erich: sick avatar dude lol

Top Bottom