• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

wave dashin in brawl

Paul Hiwatari

Smash Rookie
I was just wonderin if anyone knew if wave dashing was in brawl. Some people say that it is and some people say that it is not. So I don't know what to believe.

DRD

Smash Lord
Anyone who tells you either has no way to tell, so I dunno what the heck they're talking about. Technically we should be able to, though, as we'll still be able to use the regular Gc Controllers, we're not confined to the Wii-mote.

Rash

Smash Ace
Could be, could not be. The wavedash isn't a specific command, it's just the utilization of the game's response to you landing quickly after a jump.

In either case, this thread is made 100 times per month, and that's being conservative. No hard feelings, though.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Anyone who tells you either has no way to tell, so I dunno what the heck they're talking about. Technically we should be able to, though, as we'll still be able to use the regular Gc Controllers, we're not confined to the Wii-mote.
It has nothing to do with the remote, it's an exploitation of the Physics.

shogun

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't matter, everyone will have the same advantage/disadvantage.

smashman90

Smash Lord
I don't think that wavedashing should be in Brawl because manipulating the movements does sound more like a glitch. Besides if Nintendo was going to make wavedashing on purpose then wouldn't they have put something in about wavedashing in the manual?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I don't think that wavedashing should be in Brawl because manipulating the movements does sound more like a glitch. Besides if Nintendo was going to make wavedashing on purpose then wouldn't they have put something in about wavedashing in the manual?
Nintendo DID mention wavedashing tho.

In one of the Nintendo Power Magazines Nintendo mentioned wavedashing and how to do it in SSBM. I don't know which NP magizine it was but they have mentioned it in thier magizine.

smashman90

Smash Lord
I thought it was just some people that they interviewed at various tournies not Nintendo. I too remember reading about it in NP but I was talking about the controller manual part. I think I might still have the magazine.

leviathan_

Smash Journeyman
It's popular now, and Nintendo acknowledges this "glitch" or "exploitation", or whatever you want to call it. Wavedashing is now part of SSBM. There's no reason why Nintendo shouldn't put this into SSBB.

*Firefly*

Smash Journeyman
Uh "There's no reason why Nintendo shouldn't put this into SSBB" WRONG !!!
Wavedashing is a ' "glitch" or "exploitation" ' which means it wasn't meant to be in the game. Maybe they'll leave it in or maybe they'll remove it, but either way it's not something you can say "There's no reason why Nintendo shouldn't put this into SSBB" about

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
And kinda stupid. It doesn't make or break the game, like the Icy Freeze Glitch, and really, if it's in there, might as well use it.
The debate on whether wavedashing is glitch or not is going to continue for a very, very long time.
Someone said something about wavedashing not being in the manual, but neither is L-cancelling and fastfalling, two things that were obviously meant to be there.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
nope not mistaken...i have reviwed the vid many times already....its toward the end of the vid....where snake is still in the box...peace

EDIT: ok...u kno wat...lemme just watch the vid again so i can give u da exact time....hold on while i watch it...

EDIT#2: ok...watch VERY closely at 2:22....right there when he gets hit by links arrow...he wavelands into a down smash...

EDIT#3:...wavelanding is wavedashing but from a full jump instead of a short hop...just clarifying dat up....

-hiroshi

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Wave Dashing is a glitch, i dont know what you guys are talking about. I use it all the time, its the out come of frames passing too fast for the game engine cant handle. Its the same as "L canceling" (or to some, R canceling). Its the skipping of frames too fast for the engine to keep track of, which as a result of the air dodging/landing frames glitch into a form of passive frame for a second (or 2 depending on the character). This acts as if the character isnt really there. It has been recognised by shashers all over the world, and Nintendo, as much as it is used and how popular it is, its still a form of cheating the game engine and an easy glitch to fix. As sad as it may sound. Plus, I dont see what that one guy was talking about when he said mario did a wave-dash in the SSBB trailer, thats called a roll dodge, or w/e u wanna call it, you can clearly see him duck and roll out of the way of Kirby's rock attack. If u can see that differencem then thats sad.

Dr.Feelgood

Smash Apprentice
All i know is..that i like to WD..and i finally almost pretty much mastered it to where i can do it when EVER i feel like it and as much as i want to without messing up. and i think WD is a good thing cuz it can help you with combos and other things..and i just hope that they make you able to do it in Brawl, cuz if they dont then it would totally effect my gameplay lol =/

*Firefly*

Smash Journeyman
Are you kidding? Why would I 2x post right after I told him not to. I plan jokes ahead of time nub. I know what im doing.

HAPPY 400th POST !!!!!11

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Wow Deathreaver, calm youself down. And FireFly, sorry man, didnt mean too. But wow, Deathreaver need to calm down. And Im not bashing on WDing, I Love it. Im just saying what it is, it is a glictj, just accept it. Its a really cool glitch in the game engine, but all Im saying is its easy to fix and they just might do that. I use WDing alot in my game play too Dr.feelgood, its helped me with my Fox Wave-shining and my Dr. But it is what it is non the less. I wish they wont fix it, but its very possible.

Top Bottom