• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I... WHAT? How in the holy hell does it not make sense for Luigi to get the color scheme?
Wario is intentionally designed to be an over-exaggerated anti-Mario. Waluigi is exactly the same thing except for Luigi.
Actually it could go either way, Wario is the Anti-Mario, but given a Waluigi color scheme he could be a Anti-Luigi as well.

I'm just saying Luigi vs Luigi with a Waluigi color scheme doesn't exactly feel like Luigi vs Waluigi, it feels more like Luigi vs Dark Luigi, which isn't what Luigi vs Waluigi should be.

Also let's talk about whether or not a Waluigi color scheme is likely or not, I'd like to see a purple color for Wario.

If not a Waluigi color scheme, then how about one based off his Wario's Woods appearance?

Last edited:

Zerosuitsamus888

Smash Rookie
I think Wario was a great and funny character. I definitely hope he comes back, I am sure he will. I like his special attack in brawl, it's funny. :)
They can change up his moves alittle bit in Super smash bros 4 for the Wii U if they want.

TeamFlareZakk

I think Wario was a great and funny character. I definitely hope he comes back, I am sure he will. I like his special attack in brawl, it's funny. :)
They can change up his moves alittle bit in Super smash bros 4 for the Wii U if they want.
I still would like to see his ground pound and Stun Muscle moves he uses in Wario Land games.

Wario performing a Stun Muscle attack, I don't know what it's called, I call it Stun Muscle because it looks like that one move Agatio does in Golden Sun The Lost Age.

We all know what a ground pound is and I'd rather see that than farting.

Also we seen the Wario Bike, but how about including Wario's sweet ride from Wario Land 4 and Mario Kart DD, maybe as a victory taunt, gotta include the funky music that plays in the intro while Wario is driving too.

Also how about adding the piledriver to the Corkscrew attack he uses as a up b move.

TeamFlareZakk

<3 Golden Sun.

But Wario's famous signature move is generally called the Shoulder Charge by his fans; I don't think it has a proper name.

The move was his Forward Smash in Brawl but was absolutely, pitifully useless.
Shoulder Charge, ok I didn't know what to call it, but now I know a good name to call it.

Btw, I'm now playing Wario Land 3 in which I just recently downloaded on the vc.

Zerosuitsamus888

Smash Rookie
Those would be good attacks.I just thought his fart attack was funny that's all but I think they will probably change it in SSB4 but not sure. we will have to wait and see. It would be cool to see his car make a appearance too. I have played the Wario land games before.

I still would like to see his ground pound and Stun Muscle moves he uses in Wario Land games.

Wario performing a Stun Muscle attack, I don't know what it's called, I call it Stun Muscle because it looks like that one move Agatio does in Golden Sun The Lost Age.

We all know what a ground pound is and I'd rather see that than farting.

Also we seen the Wario Bike, but how about including Wario's sweet ride from Wario Land 4 and Mario Kart DD, maybe as a victory taunt, gotta include the funky music that plays in the intro while Wario is driving too.

Also how about adding the piledriver to the Corkscrew attack he uses as a up b move.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Those would be good attacks.I just thought his fart attack was funny that's all but I think they will probably change it in SSB4 but not sure. we will have to wait and see. It would be cool to see his car make a appearance too. I have played the Wario land games before.
I want the Wario Car back.

Last we saw it was in Mario Kart Double Dash I think.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
It appeared in the opening of Wario Land: Shake Dimension. I'd like it to return to the Mario Kart scene, but I don't really think it needs to be a part of Wario's moveset.
I forgot about Shake Dimension...

Yeah it should definitely not be a part of his moveset, but it'd make a nice entry animation or victory pose.

SSF2 has it as an entry animation.

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
But Wario's famous signature move is generally called the Shoulder Charge by his fans; I don't think it has a proper name.

The move was his Forward Smash in Brawl but was absolutely, pitifully useless.
Twas not useless. I thought it was a damn good smash move. It just didn't truly capture the spirit of what the Shoulder Charge is supposed to be.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I hope Shoulder Bash becomes his Dash Attack, but unlike other Dash Attacks, he can jump during it and go off ledges. That way, we don't lose Wario Bike or Bite.

D

Deleted member

I hope Shoulder Bash becomes his Dash Attack, but unlike other Dash Attacks, he can jump during it and go off ledges. That way, we don't lose Wario Bike or Bite.
I was afraid I would never find someone else who knows what the Hell they were talking about. (No offense to everyone else)

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I was afraid I would never find someone else who knows what the Hell they were talking about. (No offense to everyone else)
I think a lot of people don't consider this possibility because the Shoulder Bash seems a lot more like a side special than any other A move.

But Thank you :D

TeamFlareZakk

When is Wario being revealed?

It's kind of silly we saw Ashley revealed as a Assist Trophy, but Wario is not revealed yet, I'm hoping maybe March.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
With all of the characters in this game getting all sorts of new expressions, I'm kinda hoping Wario's expressions turn out to be something like Bear Hugger's and Mad Clown's from Super Punch-Out!!
That would just be amazing, and fitting for Wario's personality.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Now this I like.

The shoulder bash just doesn't work as a B move. It's literally just a ranged fsmash (that you cancel yay?) in Project M.

DoubleYooToo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3067-5211-9457
Now this I like.

The shoulder bash just doesn't work as a B move. It's literally just a ranged fsmash (that you cancel yay?) in Project M.
What? It works almost exactly the same way as the motorbike did, but it's not stupidly restrictive and capable of being completely taken away from you.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
What? It works almost exactly the same way as the motorbike did, but it's not stupidly restrictive and capable of being completely taken away from you.
No. Not at all.

You shouldn't use the motorbike the same way you would with the shoulder bash. At all. The bike is a defensive move, it gives Wario plenty options like a needed extra recovery, or to allow him to play keepaway with the tires. The Shoulder Bash is a hugely restrictive offensive move, in comparison.

Last edited:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Wario might as well be confirmed with that ashley assist i'm hoping for march 20th when mario party comes out in japan

TeamFlareZakk

Wario might as well be confirmed with that ashley assist i'm hoping for march 20th when mario party comes out in japan
I hope to see Wario next month too, especially since stupid Yoshi is probably next and I have to put up with that disappointment, oh well, Wario kicks Yoshi's butt any time, any place.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I hope to see Wario next month too, especially since stupid Yoshi is probably next and I have to put up with that disappointment, oh well, Wario kicks Yoshi's butt any time, any place.
But yoshi's new island comes out summer 2014 in japan so we'll probably see him around then

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I can't wait until Wario is revealed! With Diddy Kong's recent reveal, Wario is now my only main that I'm still waiting on :warioc:

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hey, Wario fans! I'm working on a project that you might have heard of called Project: Thank You Sakurai! (If you haven't heard of it, you should check it out.) and I'm currently doing a poll to determine which characters should be on the virtual card that we're making for him. I would appreciate it if you guys would check it out here and vote for who you like. Wario is surprisingly low on the poll and needs some more support in order to make it. Do you think you could spare some time for our disgusting, garlic-smelling man?

TeamFlareZakk

Wario is kind of a Mario character, @ Sonicguy726 Sonicguy726 so maybe he'll get the same treatment as a Mario character, I hope it is sometime around then, I really want to see Wario after seeing Ashley and Waluigi as Assist Trophies.

Also show the new Warioware stage.

ShichibukaiJimbe

Smash Apprentice
I think if we get a new Smash direct before release, Wario can be randomly revealed just like Yoshi was in this one.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Stop saying he'll be revealed next and get my hopes up. :p May seems like it's the most likely with the Mario Kart release, although Mario Golf is possible too. Can't wait either way!

I'm curious if they revamped his moveset. I think it's perfect in Brawl from a design standpoint, but what made it work so well was the slow pace nature of the game. I hope they balance him accordingly, he really needs attack power.

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
Huh, the shoulder charge being a dash attack might work out OK. For some reason, I'm guessing that Wario might get a change in posture like we've seen with Bowser and Yoshi. BTW, anyone have any ideas for Wario Land items and/or assist trophies?

Last edited:
Top Bottom