• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Video Thread

LordFreezyPops42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordFreezyPops42
That was some really solid play on lylat. Did you know that if you wheelie after a bike it it true combos for 18%? Its a pretty significant amount of free percent that you are missing out on.
I know that. I'm honestly not very fond of using that option though, just doesn't seem too reliable most of the time. Thanks though.

Waymas

Smash Journeyman
That was some really solid play on lylat. Did you know that if you wheelie after a bike it it true combos for 18%? Its a pretty significant amount of free percent that you are missing out on.
Really nice job sir, but you have to play a bit with more confidence, i see that you wasted some waft on game 1 and 2 i guess it could be the nerves or something, just work on those and you should be fine.

Last edited:

LordFreezyPops42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordFreezyPops42
Really nice job sir, but you have to play a bit with more confidence, i see that you wasted some waft on game 1 and 2 i guess it could be the nerves or something, just work on those and you should be fine.
Thanks. I do think that I get pretty hesitant to go in at times, so that is one thing I should work on, as well as landing more consistent wafts. Thank you!

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507

iMeeHow

Smash Journeyman
Anyone know some of the better Wario players? I wana watch some high level wario players.
Japan had Waro very high on the tier list, is there any really good japanese warios that may warrant that placeement?

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
Anyone know some of the better Wario players? I wana watch some high level wario players.
Japan had Waro very high on the tier list, is there any really good japanese warios that may warrant that placeement?
Abadango and Reflex

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Abadango has a legit Wario, as far as Japanese players go.

For US players, Reflex and Jeepy Sol are worth checking out.

There's also Gluttony for the EU players.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Check out Magik as well. Loads of videos by him here.

There's Tweek too.

LordFreezyPops42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordFreezyPops42
Got tied for 9th out of 86 at Versus Gaming in SFL. Played 8bitman, match starts at around 3:38 ish.
http://www.twitch.tv/vsgc/v/6864270

Feel like I can do much better if I can just polish my game up and keep my cool, as well as learning some of these MUs sine I am quite inexperienced with them. Any advice from fellow Wario mains?

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Got tied for 9th out of 86 at Versus Gaming in SFL. Played 8bitman, match starts at around 3:38 ish.
http://www.twitch.tv/vsgc/v/6864270

Feel like I can do much better if I can just polish my game up and keep my cool, as well as learning some of these MUs sine I am quite inexperienced with them. Any advice from fellow Wario mains?
Looks like you need to up your shield game. You just kept getting hit by alot of stuff, you hardly shielded anything.

LordFreezyPops42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordFreezyPops42
I guess so, yeah. I'll admit, I was nervous and never felt comfortable vs rob, but that's not a valid excuse anyways, haha. Thanks anyways.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
I guess so, yeah. I'll admit, I was nervous and never felt comfortable vs rob, but that's not a valid excuse anyways, haha. Thanks anyways.
If you want to watch some rob video I play against one all the time in my locals GFs Heres the most recent one
http://www.twitch.tv/atxsmash4/b/674229488
I played him in GF as well as earlier in winners if you want to search for it.

ZeGlasses!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeGlasses
Just as the title says, Wario is my best character, but I want to have a secondary to help with his less favorable matchups.
I have Pac-Man as a sidemain, but I feel he does not add much to Wario.

I generally struggle against characters with better frame data, better aerials, and a lot of combo ability. Such as Sheik, Luigi, or Pikachu.

Could I have some suggestions?

TombstoneHD

Smash Cadet
I am actually having a similar problem. I can't seem to decide on someone that covers all of his weaknesses. At the moment, I'm taking a liking to Ness/Lucas and Meta Knight. All of them provide a more solid combo game, as well as having solid air games. Meta Knight also has a lot of creative ways to get back to the stage, much like Wario. Ness and Lucas provide projectiles to the mix. The problem I think they might have is general range, which is definitely a Wario problem. I also like Dedede for his weight, range, and recovery, but I'm not sure how well he covers Wario's empty bases...

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
I like Dedede. He covers a lot of Wario's bad matchups. Dedede dominates other heavyweights like Bowser, Gannon and DK that give wario problems. Dedede also had an almost even matchup with Sheik, who Wario is not good against. Plus I just love playing Dedede, but that's personal preference.

Problem is neither is that good against fast rushing zone breaker types like captain falcon so I'm looking into a third main.

If you want "the best" option, right now that's definitely sheik just because she's OP and wins or is even against pretty much everyone. The thing is if you take up a top tier you're risking getting hit with the nerf bat in future patches. Glad I didn't decide to invest a bunch of time into Diddy!

Last edited:

TombstoneHD

Smash Cadet
Well that's interesting to hear since I liked both of them in Brawl too. I agree that Wario-Dedede have some holes as a pair, but is there someone that patches those holes well? I feel like they both don't like Villager either (the idea of a pocketed bike is gross and I've played the DDD v Villager casually and it was really stressful). Most of the other characters I enjoy playing, such as Bowser and Bowser Jr. don't seem to work exceptionally well with Wario, and other top tiers like Sheik and Rosaluma do not fit my play style at all.

Routa

Smash Lord
I think DDD, Shulk and Ike (who I main too) are good options for sidemains. As far ad I know Wario kinda sucks against spacing characters (I'm looking at you Shulk). So how do you beat them? Out space them. Also these characters are good against rushdown characters which is always a +. Well I'm far from good explainer, but shortly said their playstyle is kinda "Warioish" (Adaptive = Shulk/DDD, Defensive = Ike/DDD and Offensive = Ike/Shulk).

Last edited:

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Zss has fair matchups against the characaters you said and also has the benefit of being completely broken on the stages wario is bad on, freeing up some bans.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
I use Ludwig for no real match-up reasons I just like the character so I play him along side Wario. For main MU stuff I use Pit/Dark Pit to cover bad MU's or just use them for match-ups I'm more comfortable with. I mainly use the Pit's against Rosa just because it's a match-up I'm more familiar with in regards to Pit. I'm also considering using him against Shiek but I don't have enough experience in that MU to know if it's overall better.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Damn it, they deleted my matches from there Twitch channel. I didn't any critiques on it either, oh well when the YouTube sharing feature comes along I'll be able to showcase matches that way.

Twewy

Smash Lord
I run Bowser alongside Wario, and I've been trying out Roy and Mega Man. I find I'm doing at least a decent job with Bowser, personally.

dumcb

Smash Rookie
I have a primarily zoning or defensive based playstyle, and enjoy playing Wario and Villager. Are these two too similar that they suffer against the same type of matchups, or is there enough diversity?

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
I have a primarily zoning or defensive based playstyle, and enjoy playing Wario and Villager. Are these two too similar that they suffer against the same type of matchups, or is there enough diversity?
They cover most matchups I think. But they both are losing against zonebreaker types in my opinion - cpt. falcon, shiek, ect. You also don't have a character that can really crush other zoning characters. Villager is pretty much neutral against other zoners, Wario probably losing against most. I think (unfortunately) it's a necessity to main a fast, aggressive, zone breaker type in this game if you really want to have a favorable or neutral option in any situation. Sucks since that's not my preferred playstyle either but unfortunately I don't think in general there's anything that beats a fast, zone breaker character except another zone breaking character.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
I know a decent number of Fox mains second Wario or play him to some extent.

I think Fox and Wario compliment each other well, but they play radically different so it's hard to transition between them.

I'm starting to warm up to playing Wario myself.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Mario and Fox are probably one of the best complementary characters to Wario.

Mario does very well in the MUs that give Wario trouble (Sheik, Falcon and Mario lol) and in turn Wario covers Mario's pretty bad MUs (Luigi and Rosalina). They're a pretty great team ironically. Playing Mario also helps you in using Doc, particularly against Diddy and Ness.

Fox is mostly similar.

Last edited:

Routa

Smash Lord
Mario does very well in the MUs that give Wario trouble (Sheik, Falcon and Mario lol) and in turn Wario covers Mario's pretty bad MUs (Luigi and Rosalina). They're a pretty great team ironically. Playing Mario also helps you in using Doc, particularly against Diddy and Ness.
So main every Mario? Mario, Green Mario, PhD Mario and Bad Mario. Oh and Purple Bad Mario if he is going to be usable in next smash.

FaptastiCamel

Banned via Warnings
NNID
FaptastiCamel
3DS FC
4098-4885-5057
he's also fairly easy to use as long as you have have half decent fundamentals or know what you're doing at the very least, which is why i picked him up as i'm lazy.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
he's also fairly easy to use as long as you have have half decent fundamentals or know what you're doing at the very least, which is why i picked him up as i'm lazy.
Yeah, the same can't be said for Fox given he is challenging (kind of like Wario himself), so Mario is probably a better choice for you guys.

Seriously considering making Wario one of my seconds at this point.

Top Bottom