• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Video & Critique Thread -- Diamond City Theater

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
:glare: thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard.
LMAO!!! Yeah kinda haha! Well, one time I threw a tire behind a Snake player, and it exploded a proximity mine, thereby sending the tire back at Snake. I had hit him in the meantime, so my hit brought him in contact with the tire, then I followed that up with a Nair. I think I'll put it in my combo video :p

But throwing items with a purpose... like use your item as a wall, an extension of your range to punish, forcing a shield or dodge, stage control, forcing airdodges and gimping recoveries. Throwing items without a purpose would be throwing a tire horizontally from all the way across the stage. You cannot follow it up, and it will likely be shielded. The life expectancy of a tire goes down by 80% when thrown to the right or left!

Gichan

Smash Champion
How did that guy come in third....?

By the way, thanks a lot for your critique Pwneroni. You always give good advice, I did much better from last time as well. I came 9th and lost to the olimar that you saw, and on this one I came 7th applying the better spacing i learned. I'll keep posting here whenever i get vids i feel need to be looked at.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Heeeyyy thanks a lot :D that makes me feel all warm inside haha! Great job Gichan and good luck in your future tournaments!

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
i thought
"ou man, i think if there weren´t those stupid platforms i would have more fun with my tires"
and so it was :D

B.Mack

Smash Ace
aww man S!C stop getting gimped!!

so many of those matches you started with a disadvantage bcos you were getting gimped at the start, especially against LuigiPlayer... goo stuff though, especially that match on FD... I like the way you take one nana and eat the other one.. haha thats what I do :p

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
i even didnt recognize that i got gimped haha xD
hmmm but tbh its not a shame 4 me that luigi player ***** me that hard ^-^

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
LOL that surprise DACUS against Budget Player Cadet was awesome! Too good haha.

Jeez that is one solid Diddy player 0.o love the DACUS to UpB haha!

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
LOL that surprise DACUS against Budget Player Cadet was awesome! Too good haha.

Jeez that is one solid Diddy player 0.o love the DACUS to UpB haha!

Luigi player is the best brawler from switzerland, germany and austria^^
thats why i said its not awkward for me losing against such a rapist

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
just saw the cv from poweroni haha xD really nice man ;)
love the forbidden technique stuff^^
lold @ ddd chaingrabs you, tripps and you fart

B.Mack

Smash Ace
very very nice combo video Pwneroni. kept me entertained...

on a different note... can you upload your matches with sounds from the game? I prefer it to the random music you always slap on :(

B.Mack

Smash Ace
can you put the music on with the SFX still intact then? I dont like not hearing Wario's sexy voice.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Hmmmm perhaps Mr. Mack, now that I have some editing software I can add my own music to the files :p

Labernash

Smash Lord
can you put the music on with the SFX still intact then? I dont like not hearing Wario's sexy voice.
That's why I can't listen to music when I play. I need to hear "wahwahwahwah *fart*" That is pure joy.

Stay thirsty my friends.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
There should be some new videos from my past tournament relatively soon. I feel rather good about how I did, despite losing to M2K again. Might be pretty exciting.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
There should be some new videos from my past tournament relatively soon. I feel rather good about how I did, despite losing to M2K again. Might be pretty exciting.
Basically this from me too.

Beat some people i never beat before and teamed with a fellow wario.

6th sense. warios are in sync.

Gichan

Smash Champion

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Ooh so many good matches to watch :D thanks guys!

EDIT: Ok Gichan, I'll tell you a thing about Snake. Your particular style of play focused on racking up damage with strong moves and combos, then farting or smashing Snake to kill him. This is a great way to play against Snake if you do it right, Uthrowing to try to juggle with Uair is a good example.

My particular style involves lots of quick weak hits, directional pushing and cypher biting against Snake. I use Nairs, Dairs and Fairs mainly, and my throws are always directed towards the nearest edge of the stage: Fthrow or Bthrow. Bite is great because it pushes the opponent in a direction, and you can attempt to hit Snake out of his 2nd jump. Hitting Snake out of his 2nd jump is the key to gimping him, because if you land the hit, his options are severely limited. He will be forced into a slow cypher drift, and if/when you bite his cypher, he will be in a very difficult bomb jump situation. From there you can footstool his bomb jumps, always good for a laugh/to be flashy. Bike to the stage when you see fit. The end for Snake.

Top Bottom