• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Video & Critique Thread -- Diamond City Theater

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
are there any good vids on how to properly do his chain grabs on dk,falco, wolf, falcon, and gannon?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Sure I will make one if you want.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
He had to get another one because he forgot the password on the old one.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Oh shi- it's Malcolm, the viewer of all videos in existence, to the rescue!

Fox16 vs Tyrant - you actually did a really good job here, only a few things to fix. 1) You always seem to try to retaliate after taking a hit. This is a bad idea in general in this game, especially against a character that outprioritize/ranges/speeds us for the most part. If you take the hit, fall back and reset your spacing. 2) Don't even leave your bike onstage against any character w/ a decent edgegame, it can get you wrecked. If you're uncareful they can also use the hitbox extension against you.

I loved that you punished his dair during his commitment to the animation, that gets 5 stars from me :) Now there's more than one example of it out there.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
you did good. MK players play weird against Wario there, but nonetheless good stuff

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Man, your Wario is LEGIT. So much better than the last time you posted videos. You have pretty much everything you need. Good mixups, good bites/crossup pivot bites. You attemped bike edgeguarding at the right time (kind of hard to land on MK so next time just throw it straight up and grab the ledge) but the SVille platform *********** you against D3. You even had taunts and waddle eating.

All I can really tell you is, at least against MK, try not to retaliate after getting hurt (meaning attempt some sort of approach). A couple times against M2K you'd eat a hit and then immediately try to airdodge into/through him or try to attack him, which would just cost you more damage. Against characters like him just jump/dodge away and reset your position. I guess this isn't as grave since you were a stock up, but I know at least against D3 there was a point in time where you fsmashed three times in a row... that's bad, even with a wheel nearby, lol. Um, don't do random bikes, it might feel safe but people can powershield > grab that, if not just regular grab it (Hylian has shielded and then pivot grabbed it with ICs before). The risk is not worth the reward. If you have to use it, do it as a techchase.

You were dominating on RC too, that was just some bad luck. I used to have trouble believing you'd win so much back when you solely focused on wheel abuse... it's much more understandable now, haha.

Blue Rogue (*hopes he namesearches so this feedback doesn't go to waste*)

bassem6

Smash Lord
Oh MAN. You were SO close to beating m2k. As phantom said, your wario is legit! You just got a little flustered at the end there. Next time your in that position (good lead) try to camp for your fart a bit as he will most likely approach you which will leave him open more often.

And man, I cant believe you lost that match on rc. That was just gay. Thats why Im usually not too confident about cping that stage as its not as safe as a neutral and you can easily be gayed by it. (I know he cped it, just saying it can gay you)

Nice matches overall!

Edit:

New(ish) videos of me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wtje1CjcBc vs Snaaaake (ZSS)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTVjw8T_WRQ vs Mr Doom (Ike) 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hmFbfEauiY 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H62mX5RhsCo 3

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
There are very few characters that can gay Wario on that stage. The most noticeable ones are MK and GW. D3 has some gnarly stuff and a good Diddy can lock you in a couple places, but for the most part it's a solid CP stage.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
also I have some videos against Mr. Doom as well *YAY THEY ARE UP*

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I literally almost screamed "BASSEM, IT'S A TRAP!" as Doom was charging, but the words didn't come to me in time lol

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
Omniswell (and I, but that doesn't really matter) abuse bite too. It frustrates people and gets them to make stupid decisions. Anytime someone isn't in control of their character for a period of time you can bet they're getting a little peeved.

Gichan

Smash Champion
bite isn't as abusive as it once was, people are starting to know how to deal with it by simply rolling away or crossing us, it sucks I use to **** with that move to...not anymore.

tedeth

Smash Master
Top Bottom