• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WARIO Tournament Results Thread! UPDATED 10/8/10

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
you had to play Razer, he was gay.

I know my child, I still love you.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yes, I was informed of your good ways.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
7th in singles at Final Smash 8 (lost to Jerm and Fogo)
2nd in doubles with UTD Zac (lost to Gnes/Razer x 2)

It's been way too long since I played against a good D3 (like 3 months?), didn't really know the spacing too well AND it turns out Fogo sandbags HARD in friendlies, b/c he had a lot of tricks I didn't know about/didn't expect come tournament time, so I got *****. Too aggro in the TL matchup, so I lost :( Jerm's the only TL I ever lose to... wish I didn't have to play him every tournament, haha.

I think I have at least a doubles set recorded, not that sure about singles. I ***** Zori (and he ***** himself) on livestream then lost to Fogo, so neither of those were saved. I started to pick up on the spacing and some of his tricks come round 2 on BField against Fogo and was leading, but I accidentally SDed and that was that XD Gonna have to start MMing him so I get a serious refresher in that. Really wanted a shot at Sethlon's MK... I do really well against Medakniiiii.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Dude, I'll have to step it up a huge amount of I want to get top 3 against Dojo/Gnes/Razer with my current aggro playstyle, lol.

Besides, it's very likely that I'll be quitting the game within the next half year since I'm starting med school.

Padô

Smash Lord
It's ok playing aggro against character you feel confortable, like Olimar... I hate the matches I have to play extremely defensive like the DDD match or MK match.

Btw, you are doing very good, i haven't seen you getting a low colocation within the last 6 months. Sadly, you are quitting (maybe), you evolved so much your skills with the last 6 months too IMO.

And, I'm doing the same thing as you plan to do against Fogo with a player down here. I do really well against Mks too but there is a guy named Player7, which 'counters' me with MK.I MMed him this weekend, it was pretty tight but I still lost, I feel I'm almost there with him. Can't lay on friendlies with him since he doens't use MK on friendlies.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I want to play aggro against everyone, and generally try to, haha.

Also, I think "colocation" is a mistranslation." The correct word to use there is "placing." Just letting you know so you can fit that into your vocabulary and fix the little mistake :)

Race

Smash Lord
Futile Went to Winter Gamefest this weekend and got 3rd, without even playing the game for a year haha.

1st DSF
2nd Tyrant
3rd Futile

I think he's back, lol

Dee Em Gee

Smash Rookie
I think everyone is still at awe down here on how he pretty much did so well, coming out of no where. I really don't think he's sending ppl to smashboards to talk about him either he doesnt even have an account here and has never even posted.

Plus he's one of the most modest guy you have ever met.

Plus im sure our level here is pretty solid. . . well better then your level anyways, hahah

Dee Em Gee

Smash Rookie
he beat 2 ranked players (Rich Brown and Dao) Beat X twice and was taken out of the tourney by tyrant both times. I remember he played more people but I forget who else out of the top of my head (I have bad memory).

Its not that we arent solid, it's just that futile is amazing, like some sort of prodigy. Because no one can play like that, its hard to explain. I think some singles matches were recorded but i'll have to look them up.

Also keep in mind it doesnt really matter reqionwise anyways. One of the random tourneys he actually entered was Genesis in where he 2-0'ed Reflex and was beaten by Co18, only for Co to tell him he should have won becasue he SD'ed one of the games.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Futile is like the California Roy R:

He's not played in awhile/is fairly inactive

Multiple People meatride him super hard even though in person he rarely trash talks/is modest about his skill and in person

Is obviously really good despite not playing continually over a long period of time

He's not #1 right now though... not until he starts to pile on results

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
It's funny how people always bring up meat riding when theres nothing else that they can say, fun lol. Futile is too good, he is one of the first wario's and if he actually had bothered to learn the new metagame he probably could have gotten first. He basically picked up where he left off when he quit, if anything that shows how good he was when he stopped. People caught up to him so if he wants to keep playing he can get much better.

Yes he is modest that is why he would never say he is the best. Results? Whens the last time you got top 3 in a regional?

Race

Smash Lord
what DMG says is true.

And I for one am not meat riding, I'm a Host in SoCal and I happened on the wario boards yesterday and posted the results because I knew no one else would, lol.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Oh, I know Futile is good, he was one of the people that inspired me to take my Wario gameplay to the next level. Still... there are many things that could cause him to get third. Notice how RoyR is also amazing/modest/whatever, like DMG said... he has never placed in the money at the bigger tournaments in TX since he retired, though he always places well and can beat many of the good players.

Also, it's meatriding when people come in her and say he did great (that's fine), but then Chrono starts belittling everyone else and you post about it in some other random guy's thread too.

Also, no johns, a loss is a loss. If you SD it's your fault, there are no ifs/ands/buts.

If you want my fully honest opinion. Futile's being a good/smart player, coupled w/ the fact that WC hasn't had a great Wario player around since Fiction enabled high placing. You see that happening in many areas, actually, where good players pick up an unplayed character and dominate for a bit until people adjust.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
I wish I could get top 3 @ regionals, but my regionals have the exact same results as Pound4. NY/NJ too good.

As for futile being good...I have no doubt hes amazing. As for futile being not cocky...he was an absolute douchebag at genesis who couldn't be "bothered" shaking my hand or talking with me after friendlies. So...yeah there goes that argument about humble =\

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
DANG!

I guess he's not the Roy R of California after all lol.

Sucks Malcolm. I actually didn't get to play him, but I saw him playing with Fiction a little. From a front view though so I didn't see the match.

CO18

Smash Hero
Futile is amazing. He was like barely worse than Fiction when I played him and he didn't even play gay just straight out beast and genesis was his first tourney in a long time as well.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I wish I could get top 3 @ regionals, but my regionals have the exact same results as Pound4. NY/NJ too good.

As for futile being good...I have no doubt hes amazing. As for futile being not cocky...he was an absolute douchebag at genesis who couldn't be "bothered" shaking my hand or talking with me after friendlies. So...yeah there goes that argument about humble =\
You'll get top three.

Top Bottom