• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WARIO Tournament Results Thread! UPDATED 10/8/10

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Hunger man. Good shiz at pound.

Co, awesome playing you in pools.

Malcom, thanks for all the "LOL's" You did some good **** at pound dude.

BMX, thanks for all your help. seriously.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Almost, it's something I've already accepted, haha. I get bored when I have to play serious/can't be aggro, and when I get bored I lose interest and thus play worst.

It's not something I particularly care about either, though XD

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Almost, it's something I've already accepted, haha. I get bored when I have to play serious/can't be aggro, and when I get bored I lose interest and thus play worst.

Ah I see.

10wafts.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Well, I did ok at Pound I guess for the very small amount of time that I have been maining Wario.

In teams, my partner (a Kirby) and I placed 65th out of 78 teams....but we had to play Ally+M2K second round, and I ****ed up against Aniolas and Armada; I had tried to kill them both with a fart and they shielded and I died.

I didn't make it out of first round of pools, but I went down with a fight, taking Ninjalink to one stock and only losing badly to Orion (a really gay MK).

BMX was there to give me a plethora of tips, and Oats taught me some grabrelease stuff too.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
My hat! I got it from this strange place called MadHatter on my last day in San Francisco after Genesis. Goooooood times.

Hunger 2 good. He taught me how to play on RC. Epic photo

Snapple I never got to play u D: Well u live in NC so I'll try to play u @ HERB 3 since I wanna go to that suuuuuper bad.

Snack it sounds like u have a pretty tough pool. It took me quite some time to figure out how to play against Orion...he beat me badly the first time I played him 2.

BMX is the man. He was doin work in teams vs me and Randall, but Halberd decided to take his stock oh and we had a very hilarious conversation about the mindset when someone counterpicks you with ganon. lol

Slikvik and I ***** teams with double wario. It was glorious.

Oh and for the sake of actually contributing to this thread. I got 13th @ Pound.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Got 4th last tourney barley lost to judge, and almost beat anther 2-1 set we were both at 135% a piece nad i whiffed a fsmash

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Well here is top 7

1: Reflex(Pokemon Trainer)
2: player 1(Diddy)
3: Big lou(Luigi/Snake)
4: billy(Snake/Sheik)
5: dyno(Wario/MK/Wolf)
5: Scat(Luigi/Snake)
7: Super Villian/Alby(D3/ICs)
7: Turtl(Falco/ZSS)

I lost to billy (lost with my wolf and jiggly won round 2 with wario)
and i lost to biglou (went all wario)

Darkest Rival

Smash Rookie
good stuff dyno good to see warios place decent.... im acutally a wario main myself i just have a game and watch pic up hahaha.

bassem6

Smash Lord
OK Gamers tourny
Tulsa community college
Tulsa,OK
1/23/10
I got 1st place out of 50 entrants (Split 1st/2nd prize money with DMG)
Made 111$

This tourny was pretty interesting and fun. DMG sent me to losers as we agreed to play our wario dittos with grab release. Then I came back and had to play him in grand finals. we agreed to split 50/50 so we ended up playing one set in grand finals.

Our first round was a captian falcon ditto which he won. Our 2nd round was a ganondorf ditto which I won. Our 3rd round was a random ditto. He got pikachu and I got D3 and it was on corneria and I won. And then we ran out of time so we played rock paper scissors to decide who would call heads or tails on a coin toss.

He won rock paper scissors so this dude flipped a coin, DMG called heads and it was tails so I ended up winning xD Good times.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Region still needs to step it up. Other regions don't lose to Reflex anymore :p

I got 3rd at Steakfest. Got sent to losers early by losing a Ganon ditto (got Ganoncided, haha). Then played some MK/Ganon/Wario til I reached top 5, where I went straight Wario against Bored/the guy before him.

Then I got Espy, was hinting at splitting with him and letting him move on since I didn't feel like playing against Hylian's ICs (I do that enough), but he was too slow to get the hint, so I sat through that, lost second round to him with my Ganon, then I lost to him on Picto b/c I got thrown into that cart thing :( I also lost to him on Lylat game 5, mostly due to my own inexperience w/ that stage. It's pretty bad for autocanceling bairs b/c of the tilting. I could've taken him to FD for the last game like we always play, but I didn't feel like it.

Good times, I think next time I'm just gonna take him on w/ just Ganon.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Also, our region isnt that bad. IF you count florida. Georgia's top 4 are the only good people in GA :/

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
OK Gamers tourny
Tulsa community college
Tulsa,OK
1/23/10
I got 1st place out of 50 entrants (Split 1st/2nd prize money with DMG)
Made 111$

This tourny was pretty interesting and fun. DMG sent me to losers as we agreed to play our wario dittos with grab release. Then I came back and had to play him in grand finals. we agreed to split 50/50 so we ended up playing one set in grand finals.

Our first round was a captian falcon ditto which he won. Our 2nd round was a ganondorf ditto which I won. Our 3rd round was a random ditto. He got pikachu and I got D3 and it was on corneria and I won. And then we ran out of time so we played rock paper scissors to decide who would call heads or tails on a coin toss.

He won rock paper scissors so this dude flipped a coin, DMG called heads and it was tails so I ended up winning xD Good times.
Yeah Wario took split 1st/second. That tournament was fun/hard lol.

Our Wario Ditto videos hopefully got saved (I think Bassem was smart enough to remember to save the replays lol, I know I completely forgot to save anything throughout the tournament lol), and you all will see how gay the Wario Ditto is lol. I mean I love the gay, but really me and Bassem stepped it up a notch on the gayness ladder.

Futile

Smash Rookie
I wish I could get top 3 @ regionals, but my regionals have the exact same results as Pound4. NY/NJ too good.

As for futile being good...I have no doubt hes amazing. As for futile being not cocky...he was an absolute douchebag at genesis who couldn't be "bothered" shaking my hand or talking with me after friendlies. So...yeah there goes that argument about humble =\
I don't know where you got the idea of me being cocky or an "absolute douchebag". First of all, I'll be honest - I vaguely remember talking to a Wario player at Genesis, but I can assure you I did not play any warios in any friendlies. Even if you were that Wario, I'm pretty sure that I didn't come off as a douche. If I did, then sorry - you're like the first person who's ever felt that way about me. Ask anyone in the socal community, they'll tell you. I guess I usually come off as a quiet guy at first, so maybe you took that the wrong way. Second, about shaking hands, I'm used to doing it after tournament matches only so please don't take it offensively.

For those of you who might look down upon me as well, I prefer you actually get to meet me before you go on and about and feel the need to post false information about my nature. Thanks.

There goes my first post...

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
I got that idea from how you responded after I played you. What other way is there to draw such a conclusion? But since you made your first post on smashboards to clarify such a thing, I am gonna guess it was some large misunderstanding. No1 is looking down on you tho, I still think you are mad good at the game...I was just under a different impression about how you were outside of the game.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I got that idea from how you responded after I played you. What other way is there to draw such a conclusion? But since you made your first post on smashboards to clarify such a thing, I am gonna guess it was some large misunderstanding. No1 is looking down on you tho, I still think you are mad good at the game...I was just under a different impression about how you were outside of the game.
Of course simply not shaking hands is far from being courteous, yet it doesn't have to show arrogance or any other negative attitude issues.

Some people are just not used to it, or just don't shake hands at friendlies (hence).

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Phase I got 3rd. Second-Third-Fourth Split.

bassem6

Smash Lord
I don't know where you got the idea of me being cocky or an "absolute douchebag". First of all, I'll be honest - I vaguely remember talking to a Wario player at Genesis, but I can assure you I did not play any warios in any friendlies. Even if you were that Wario, I'm pretty sure that I didn't come off as a douche. If I did, then sorry - you're like the first person who's ever felt that way about me. Ask anyone in the socal community, they'll tell you. I guess I usually come off as a quiet guy at first, so maybe you took that the wrong way. Second, about shaking hands, I'm used to doing it after tournament matches only so please don't take it offensively.

For those of you who might look down upon me as well, I prefer you actually get to meet me before you go on and about and feel the need to post false information about my nature. Thanks.

There goes my first post...
Welcome futile! Do you have any videos from winter game fest that were recorded? Im curious to see how you play now!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No me and Bear did not play out a set. I had already played Dojo that day, Van hadn't, so I let him get his shot.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion

story o my life

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Subconsciously?

More like very aware consciously lol.

tedeth

Smash Master
Might start posting my results here. I usually just post them on the Wolf boards but I'm using Wario like 50% of the time now sooooo...

Tourney: This Is It
Entrants: 29
Date: 31/1/2010
Original link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=185358&page=249
Organizer: Shaya

1. Tedeth (Wolf/Wario)
2. Earl (MK)
3. Shaya (Marth)
4. Luke_Atyeo (Snake)
5. Scabe (Link
5. Meteor Master (Sonic)
7. Silfa (DK)
7. S.D (Diddy/D3)

Might even put the vids up when they're available.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You use Wario for particular matchups, tedeth? Or is it more one of those "I play him when I feel like it" type of things?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I don't even really want to play video games competitively at all, slik, haha.
Hell I barely like video games.

Might start posting my results here. I usually just post them on the Wolf boards but I'm using Wario like 50% of the time now sooooo...

Tourney: This Is It
Entrants: 29
Date: 31/1/2010
Original link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=185358&page=249
Organizer: Shaya

1. Tedeth (Wolf/Wario)
2. Earl (MK)
3. Shaya (Marth)
4. Luke_Atyeo (Snake)
5. Scabe (Link
5. Meteor Master (Sonic)
7. Silfa (DK)
7. S.D (Diddy/D3)

Might even put the vids up when they're available.
Good job Tedeth.

tedeth

Smash Master
I donno I can play most matchups with both characters. The ones that spring to mind initially are like MK, D3 and Pika but I'll usually use Wario against Diddy and some others aswell. It all depends.

Top Bottom