• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Style: What do you do?

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Wario, as we can all agree is a really versatile character. He has a ton of options in any given situation, and whenever I watch another Wario play I notice these moments. For example, I play Wario aggressively, and where I see a small opening for attack, more defensive Warios will just airdodge away.

What's your style of Wario? Could be any mix of fast, patient, campy, smart, combo heavy, flashy, all sorts of stuff like that.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Im campy when the matchup calls for it. I normally more campy against diddys and ddd's. I dont really mind timing them out lol. In the snake matchup im a little more aggresive because wario can pressure snake pretty well when he runs out of space to camp. I try to mix it up as far as other matchups go between defensive and offensive. I like being flashy with farts and tires but other than that i try just be a punisher :3

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
My style calls for a lot of aggression. Fast, trying more to be smarter, I try a lot of combos lol. Nair is my favorite move, it combos into other moves and grabs really well, as well as being great for edgeguarding. I think I've been campy one time ever, that was against Sade at BIO 4.

My philosophy is either **** or get *****. A lot of my matches start out with me getting *****, then I make a comeback so it's even, keeps swinging back and forth usually till the end when it's super intense. For example, at BIO 4 against Tearbear in pools, he 3 stocked me first round with MK. Then I 2 stocked his Kirby 2nd round, and the last match against his MK was last stock last hit high percent. Fricken intense!

Padô

Smash Lord
I usually skip the preliminary part and go straight to the rough and nasty part of it.

Aggro Wario everytime I can. I can't be to agressive against DDD/Peach/Diddy because of stupid shenanigans. Well, I really like working with the platforms and use the airdodge as an approach option. Also Edgeguarding is definetely one of my best qualities. If the adversary is getting used to my approaches or if I'm not getting through his patterns so easily I start to bait stuff a lot until I find and opening and start abusing from his character flaws.

Also I'm trying to implement a bit of more use from tires and bikes :)

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
I'm trying to incorporate the Que Combo into my play. First I gotta learn how to use tires lololol!

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I'm trying to incorporate the Que Combo into my play. First I gotta learn how to use tires lololol!
uh.. dont. Not saying that its a bad thing to do but you are never going to get your opponent in that position.

The que combo is amazing though.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Okay, on the topic of playstyles... Can someone tell me why NO ONE else tries to play defensively with Wario? The closest I've seen was Malcolm timing some people out at MLG
Because camping is gay and they don't want to be seen as gay.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Okay, on the topic of playstyles... Can someone tell me why NO ONE else tries to play defensively with Wario? The closest I've seen was Malcolm timing some people out at MLG
i will try to time some people out at apex for you masky. just remind me.
Because camping is gay and they don't want to be seen as gay.
So you play smash for people to know your sexuality? <3 <3

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
I do. DMG does too I believe.

I haven't timed anyone out yet though because everyone I play either gets enough damage on me to make me approach and fight them or gets wrecked by my random wafts and such that are meant more for building up percentage.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
it's actually pretty fun to play defensively. call me crazy though, but it's not very fun for the opponent haha. closest i came to timing someone out was against Sade at bio 4. 3rd match, high percentage but i was ahead by ~50%. 30 seconds left on the clock, ended up killing her with a shffled clap lol.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Jeez I've timed out more people than you with Wario, and I don't even play Wario?

I time people out in friendlies.

I'm starting to play really casually with Wario, and I play really defensive, and get out my bike and break it for the tires every time I get the opening to (so that I can have way more stage control).

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Ive only timed out 1 person in 1 game.. EVER!

Playr 1's diddy on brinstar...

It was my first time and i enjoyed it

Asa

Smash Hero
Timing people out is very satisfying

If I don't have to play really defensive i won't but i don't have any moral conflicts preventing me from doing so

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
the only time i play really defensively is against super turtle style metaknights. i literally get pissed off and my concern for fun evaporates. i want to make them regret ever trying to play like that against me haha.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
Jeez I've timed out more people than you with Wario, and I don't even play Wario?

I time people out in friendlies.

I'm starting to play really casually with Wario, and I play really defensive, and get out my bike and break it for the tires every time I get the opening to (so that I can have way more stage control).
quit bragging about friendlies, freak

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Honestly, my man Masky. I don't have the patience whatsoever.

Like I said, I try to play and Hyrbid Wario and go Aggro- Defensive.

I guess that extremes maybe work better than doing a hybrid?

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Agreed. Imagine this situation: you get hit by Snake's utilt at 70%, definitely not dead yet but you still get sent up a ways. Now what do you do? Aggressive players would probably press the attack, coming in for an obvious dair. A more defensive player would jump away and reset the situation.

Masky is right, a successful player must work from both angles.

Shift

Smash Journeyman
I play Wario in numerous ways depending on the MU. Usually if it's a bad MU, I play incredibly careful. I don't try to advance too much and I'll try to get in pokes, grabs, or random bites whenever I can. Whenever I'm advancing I try to read the reactions of the player. If I'm being overwhelmed I usually do retreating fairs/nairs or just run away like a little school girl. If the MU is in my favor or about 50/50 my style of gameplay because incredibly offensive. It's more of a double-edged sword than anything else. When on the offensive, I have to think on my feet and a small mistake could be means of big pain coming my way or loss of a stock.

Either way, I'd say my playstyle is fairly even when it comes to the defensive & offensive abilities of gameplay.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I'm new to Wario but I tend to play the patient campy style. Trying to work on being more aggresive when the time calls for it.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
I'm really having a lot of trouble against defensive MKs. My aggro style gets ***** :/

Are bike and tire use (Mechanic Style) instrumental in cracking his shell of swords and fury?

Shift

Smash Journeyman
I'm new to Wario but I tend to play the patient campy style. Trying to work on being more aggresive when the time calls for it.
Being a patient campy player isn't a bad trait to have. On working towards an aggressive play style, I read the opponent and punish them on their mistakes. That's how I usually go in when I want to go offensive on them. It applies pressure to them after they make a mistake. But once I'm overwhelmed, I go back into that "turtle stance".

Top Bottom