• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Smash it downwards and it will bounce up and to the side.

lucha5

Banned via Warnings
So i was wondering is up^b found any use at all cause alot of wario's i see now are using it alot

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I still don't use it, I don't enjoy being vulnerable. It's a decent mix up if you can make it to a ledge or platform though, I just don't like the risk.

Bizz

Smash Rookie
1. Hey phantom, apparently you know a thing or two about the sexy beast we call wario... wanna give me a few pointers some time this week and maybe play me in some wifi matches? I've played smash for a while and know quite a bit, but I want to sharpen up my skills a little since HOBO is coming up and it's my first real tourney... I've watched a ton of vids and read pretty much everything around but I'd still like a few critiques before I introduce myself to the competitive scene...

2. How many Wario mains do you expect to see at HOBO?

3. If I show up with a Wario mustache, does that give me a 70:30 adv in all my matchups? ***MINDGAMES***

4. How much war could a Wario owe if a Wario could owe war?

5. Do you play World of Wario (WoW)? I have a lvl 80 biker that demolishes people in PvP... That sweet poison gas spell ownz teh nubz =P

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I really really dislike WiFi, not to mention it severely changes up Wario's game, b/c bait and punish is very difficult on it. The best way to get critiques is to record some video and get someone to upload them for you.

You going to HOBO 17? Shame, I won't be at that one XD I will be next month though. If you live in Austin you should check out the Austin Brawl thread from time to time, there are smashfests like every other week, obv in person would be the easiest way to critique you.

Wario mustache is instant win... I don't expect that many Wario mains at HOBO, maybe like 4 or 5... there'll be way more than necessary at OH SNAP, though.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah if you can go to OH SNAP, you can play like, over 10 of them probably.

I'll maybe be at HOBO 17 though, who knows. I'm kinda in trouble lol.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You're always in trouble, DMG :\

You also have said you're going to quit this game on like 4 different occasions, lol.

They are like... you trends.

Bizz

Smash Rookie
Ah, that's disappointing... I'm still trying to work out my schedule so i can make it there, I'm super excited...

would you mind linking the Austin thread link? I looked for some Texas threads but only found Dallas/Houston/San Antonio and everyone knows the real G's hang out in Austin =P

/agree with the wifi thing... punishing is near impossible since it's so dam hard to time your airdodges online...

The one thing I notice about my game is that I don't use Nair as often as I should... any advice on how to do it more consistently? I tend to Fair/Bair a lot when i'm trying to do them b/c I weave alot... OoS I use them quite often though, still not enough i don't think...

btw, how many people usually show up to the austin smashfests and are there many high caliber players? I really want to play the best around to actually feel the match... watching vids is good and all I just don't think it's helping me as much if I was actually playing against the best smashers around.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Austin Thread

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=191097

We mostly just phone each other and do spur of the moment gatherings. The best smashfests are usually held at Chad's (Couch Guy) place, starting in the evening and spreading overnight. Hylian and I always go to those, cuz Chad is cool, we also get 1-2 other solid-strong players as well. Anyone else in Austin is lame and never comes to anything despite whining about wanting things to happen.

Hylian and I also meet randomly (maybe once or twice a week depending on schedules and activities) up in Round Rock b/c we live like 10 mins from each other... he'll **** you pretty bad at first though, he has boatloads of Wario experience.

Bizz

Smash Rookie
Haha, that's exactly what i'm looking for... I've gotten to the point where I consistently beat all my friends and they're getting tired of playing with me...

I'll check into the austin thread and read up on the smash scene in the area, hopefully I'll be able to come get my *** kicked a few times and learn some valuable lessons =P

Mind me asking how old most of ya'll are?

Bizz

Smash Rookie
Sweet, well I'll definitely be down to hang out and play some smash with you guys, I'm a sophomore at UT... I didn't really want to be hanging out with a bunch of high school kids =P

I'll keep a close eye on the austin thread and if i'm ever able to make it, I'll probably show up.

BTW, I'm moving into my new apt at the end of summer and my roommate would probably be down to have some people over for a few smashfests if anyone's interested in making the trip to west campus...

probably a little off topic from the wario Q&A... my bad =P

Pete434

Smash Cadet
I got a couple of questions for you guys.

Which way are you supposed to smash DI G&W b-air if you wanna punish him with a fart or aerial?

D-til: I never see many Warios using this move. It comes out extremely fast. Are there any situations where this move would be a good option?

Finally, can anyone give me some advice on the Peach matchup. I'm having extreme problems facing her. Any advice will be appreciated.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Grab is almost always better than Dtilt. ALMOST always. That's the main reason why.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Haha, that's exactly what i'm looking for... I've gotten to the point where I consistently beat all my friends and they're getting tired of playing with me...

I'll check into the austin thread and read up on the smash scene in the area, hopefully I'll be able to come get my *** kicked a few times and learn some valuable lessons =P

Mind me asking how old most of ya'll are?
What the ****. Why are there so many ****ing Warios here lmfao. I NEED PRACTICE AGAINST OTHER CHARACTERS TOO JESUS.

Just kidding :).

We are always looking for new people to play with. You should definitely come to a smashfest at some point. I also might be holding a tournament in austin sometime in the future.

And I'm 20, Juan is 21...most of us are around that age.

Bizz

Smash Rookie
Haha, I guess Austin's the Wario breeding grounds of the world? =P

If there's not a big party or test going on, I'll go to any local smashfests/tourneys...

I'm 20, so it sounds like I'll fit in rather nicely. btw, are you going to HOBO17?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Or you can wait for players to try that float bair camping and then **** them, lol.

Just don't pick any stages with small platforms they can camp under with fairs and learn the spacing on their moves and you'll be fine.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Haha, I guess Austin's the Wario breeding grounds of the world? =P

If there's not a big party or test going on, I'll go to any local smashfests/tourneys...

I'm 20, so it sounds like I'll fit in rather nicely. btw, are you going to HOBO17?
Yep, I'm going.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lol it's not that simple PX lol.

It's simple for PEACH, but not for Wario. Ewwwww.

Also as an alternative, CP Marth against Peach, or Snake. Preferrably Marth or MK cause they have huge swords.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It IS that simple. Her bair is only a trap if you're approaching her from level or above... why would you do that if you KNOW she's going to drop into an autocanceled bair?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lol "Only from level or above"...

Ok how is Wario supposed to approach her then? Under? Lol. I'm just saying, after you play someone like Edrees or Praxis, you'll realize how gay her wall is.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yes... from below. If you'd play Wario more like he should be played you'd know that Wario has a perfectly good walk approach. Your grab has more range than her bair or nair, the only two options he has if he's fulljump floating and you walk towards her... mull that around a little.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
He can't beat her heads on. Trying to beat out Bair with a grab doesn't sound very tempting.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Other people need you!

DarkWarCloud has opened up the Training Grounds. What this is is a place for new players to learn who plays what characters all in a simple thread so that they can contact said person to "teach" them the basics. As of right now, we only have a handful of "teachers" for a few characters and we need more! This is where you come in. Anyone who is skilled with your characters (any character) and has the free time to teach someone how to either: Teach the basics of the game in general and/or teach specific character(s), go in the thread and either post or PM DarkWarCloud with your information (Format is in the thread) where you may possibly be contacted by someone who wants to learn. The future of smash lies in your hands.

On the other hand, if you wish to learn, go to the thread also!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241698

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I need help with the olimar matchup. I don't know how to approach. If there are platforms, he camps under them and then upsmash beats dair, and i can sometimes surprise him with a FF fair, but it doesn't work all the time. One grab does like 40% damage. I can KO oli pretty early, but oli is so gay, he's hard to hit.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario dittos are ruled by the following moves:

Fair.

Grab.

Occasional Uair/Dair.

Fart.

Airdodge LIKE CRAZY.

Nair OOS.

That's really it. Every other move is really risky in the ditto, even something small like Jabbing.

Most useful move is probably Fair, followed by grab or Fart, followed by Nair OOS, then Dair/Uair.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Bair in dittos is actually not really that good, at least compared to the moves I have listed over it.

It's more useful than any of his tilts though in the ditto.

Alright complete ranked list of best moves in Wario ditto:

Fair
Fart/Grab (interchangable)
Airdodge
Nair OOS
Shield
Spotdodge
Dair
Uair
Bair
Walking/Running for spacing
Bite
Fsmash
Boost Smash
Dtilt
Jab
Ftilt
Utilt
Usmash
Dsmash

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Utilt is GREAT...

In taunt fests.

In the real Ditto it is Poo.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's... Bad lol.

It's not gonna kill for awhile, takes awhile to come out, only beats air approaches AND only if it is timed right, etc. All of the moves I listed above it have a better use. Even Dtilt is more useful in the ditto because of it's range and speed.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's not supposed to kill ever, it stops approaches, and also combos into grabs and such if you hit with ending frames. You don't even need to time it b/c at any part of the move it will beat Wario's approach. Air approaches are pretty much all there is in Wario dittos... and dtilt sucks, like always.

Whatever, Fiction and I will continue to disagree with you (he uses the move in dittos often as well).

You can continue with your talking like you're right when you're wrong.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Fiction tried to Utilt me some in Wario dittos when we had to play in teams. IT DID NOT TURN OUT THAT WELL. (It just turned it into a neutral situation where he was slightly vulnerable after the move ended. He tried Upb once or twice but I would just SDI out of it and punish him for it, so he stopped haha. Upb has amazing priority surprisingly) We ended up spacing mostly Fair, Dair, grabs, Fsmash, and Farting (Nair OOS and Uair we both did some, but not much). Neither of us tilted that much, or jabbed.

It will not beat out Wario's approaches at EVERY part of the move, the longer it stays out the easier it is to punish him for it (I dunno if it's because Wario's hands start to shrink/pull back down or something).

Top Bottom