• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

Mister E

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2208-7088-4154
Ok got a pretty serious question... Well it's basicly how to handle Wario when there's a lot off Lag, when you play Online... i fought in a Semi final today and lost... i can pretty much promisse that i would have won if there wasn't that much lag... So basicly the question is what could i do to make Wario playable in lag too... i'm having extremely much trouble playing as Wario when i lose all is Air control... Should i keep myself at the ground? or should i SH and stuff even if i have to risk that they fail a lot?... If you understand what i said i would appriciate a good answear since it's ruining my results :(

BTW... i'm not a PRO Wario but he's probably my best char anyway :p

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ok got a pretty serious question... Well it's basicly how to handle Wario when there's a lot off Lag, when you play Online... i fought in a Semi final today and lost... i can pretty much promisse that i would have won if there wasn't that much lag... So basicly the question is what could i do to make Wario playable in lag too... i'm having extremely much trouble playing as Wario when i lose all is Air control... Should i keep myself at the ground? or should i SH and stuff even if i have to risk that they fail a lot?... If you understand what i said i would appriciate a good answear since it's ruining my results :(

BTW... i'm not a PRO Wario but he's probably my best char anyway :p
Just do a lot of Dairs and retreat them. Trust me too I hate using Wario online especially with enough lag, but I've watch Wario's play online and they usually just stick with Dair and Chomp and stuff like that.

Mister E

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2208-7088-4154
That's really sad... Since the only way i can play Wario in tournys is through online play...

PKNintendo

Smash Master
If had a choice to meet Wario in real life or Ness in real life who would you choose?

(Wario would be his normal self, so farting in your face and making fun of you)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Wario. Who'd want to meet some messed up, alien-probed kid when you could ride around in a choppah and meet Wario's hoarde of lolita employees?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Wario. Who'd want to meet some messed up, alien-probed kid when you could ride around in a choppah and meet Wario's hoarde of lolita employees?
XD thats 50% true. Even though Ness is an average kid, he's not even probed XD.

Wario would probably mug you for you money or DS.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
XD thats 50% true. Even though Ness is an average kid, he's not even probed XD.

Wario would probably mug you for you money or DS.
so true...so true. i would meet ness b/c there is no way i would want to getted bitten,farted on,laughed at,and hit by a motorcycle by a fat guy with a nose problem.
don't get me wrong though i love wario...when he is on tv.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Dude, Wario doesn't NEED to steal from anyone... he's ****ing loaded. Why would I even bring a DS to meet him? >: (

YagamiDark

Smash Journeyman
After some testing... no
It only counts as one attack towards diminishing returns.
Maybe it's like wolf's grab jab or something and you have to do it slowly =|

Bellioes

Smash Lord
i have a real question here
what do i do against snakes that spam grab release
its really annoying and all i can do is try not to get grabbed or DI his nair/utilt

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
That's all you can do. Space better, bite more if they like to go for the grab excessively, SDI. There's no other options.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
kk thanx i tried the bite thing too but then my opponent starts to read when ill do them
i guess it just comes with practice and experience

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Since I'm doing very well with Wario in the tourney's, I'm going to thrid main next to Kirby and Ness, I need a power house in my list of character's I use. My question is, how to make his Basic-B last longer, or does it work like a grab and your foe can escape it by spining the control stick?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's like a grab. They mash they can get out faster, the higher their percentage the longer they stay in. Links to your success with Wario? :X

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Cool, I should use bite more often, and no, I'm one of those lame say it with no video people because I'm too cheap to get a digital camara. T_T

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
hey Phantom, I perfected the Bike glitch, and its very interesting. You have to be moving up into wheele position on the slope when hit to go flying. And it indeed does oneshot anything thats not Bowser or DK.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Question related to the new tier list, do you think the fact that Wario is underrated as a character is cancelled out by the fact grab releases aren't being exploited yet, leaving Wario the same place on the tier list? Or do you think one outweighs the other and he should have moved up/down.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
this question is a question i actually want fiction to answer. "fiction when you picked up brawl(like when you first got it)did you decide to play as wario and automatically start owning everyone?"

DemonFart

Smash Lord
why are the wario boards so dead? and why don't we have a wario superlatives thread? if we do i nominate myself for sexiest wario and wario who made the worst entrance.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Wario will never be top tier unless we make him top tier. And no I've sucked up until the past few months, where I've been sucking less.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
Maybe it's just me, but I kinda prefer having not that many Wario mains around. Kinda makes me feel unique about it, haha.

Anyways, on-topic, what are good ways to approach Peach and Sheik? For the first few months of Brawl, I've never really had many problems with them. But recently, I've noticed that Peach/Sheik vs. Wario matchups have been pretty bad for me, because of his atrocious grab release animation. After I got infinite'd the other day by a Peach at a tournament, I've been pretty nervous about fighting good Peachs. I could really use some pointers here and there. I find Chomp to be pretty effective, as well as U-Air, F-Air, and of course, SH D-Airs. But I think I need a bit more than that.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Anyways, on-topic, what are good ways to approach Peach and Sheik? For the first few months of Brawl, I've never really had many problems with them. But recently, I've noticed that Peach/Sheik vs. Wario matchups have been pretty bad for me, because of his atrocious grab release animation. After I got infinite'd the other day by a Peach at a tournament, I've been pretty nervous about fighting good Peachs. I could really use some pointers here and there. I find Chomp to be pretty effective, as well as U-Air, F-Air, and of course, SH D-Airs. But I think I need a bit more than that.
Don't get grabbed, and camp. A lot. Neither one should give you TOO much trouble, there is a way to get out of their stuff. Unless Fiction wants to make it public, I think we are gonna keep it to ourselves for the time being.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Which infinite did the Peach use? o_O If it was just grab and regrab, you can get out of that as long as you have your second jump (always have your second jump, lol).

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Press A B X Y L R and control stick in two directions, and you cut your time in a grab by 50 frames, so you usually ground break vs Peach if you do that, instead of the air release they need.

DMG, do you know a different way?

Top Bottom